Drugs, drink and the stench of urine are alive, alive oh

Started by Eamonnca1, May 12, 2011, 11:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: thebigfella on May 13, 2011, 04:03:18 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 13, 2011, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: Canalman on May 13, 2011, 11:42:03 AM
Quote from: haveaharp on May 13, 2011, 11:34:22 AM
As for bemoaning the lack of tourist visitors, if they hadnt have robbed shite out of everyone for the last 15 years they might have a few more.

This  tourism thievery wasn't just confined to Dublin you know.

He has a point when you compare Dublin to the other tourist cities in Europe.

Which tourist cities are we talking about now? Eastern European?

Because I've worked all over Europe and I can tell you Dublin is not that bad WHEN COMPARING to some of western Europe's cities.

I've worked all over Europe too, mostly Eastern European however i have found Paris,Rome & Berlin cheaper than Dublin & i have also found Scandinavian cities to be quite pricey.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Puckoon

Havn't been out in dublin in years. Couldn't believe the amount of litter though on the roads around it when I was home last. It was shocking.

A ringing indictment from the old man recently when I commented on how great Belfast was looking (compared to my student days), was that he would rather spend a weekend in Belfast now than a weekend in Dublin - and he used to love going down to the big city.

thebigfella

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 13, 2011, 04:13:20 PM
As for bemoaning the lack of tourist visitors, if they hadnt have robbed shite out of everyone for the last 15 years they might have a few more.

Because I've worked all over Europe and I can tell you Dublin is not that bad WHEN COMPARING to some of western Europe's cities.

I've worked all over Europe too, mostly Eastern European however i have found Paris,Rome & Berlin cheaper than Dublin & i have also found Scandinavian cities to be quite pricey.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FFS wise up, I used to live there. A joke of a place until you get to know it but then again that's the same as everywhere, including Dublin.

gallsman

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 13, 2011, 04:13:20 PM

Paris cheaper than Dublin my f**king hole.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on May 13, 2011, 04:17:05 PM
Havn't been out in dublin in years. Couldn't believe the amount of litter though on the roads around it when I was home last. It was shocking.

A ringing indictment from the old man recently when I commented on how great Belfast was looking (compared to my student days), was that he would rather spend a weekend in Belfast now than a weekend in Dublin - and he used to love going down to the big city.

Good point. I was in Belfast myself a few weeks ago and I thought it was great. I always did like Belfast, oddly enough.  I think it's an underrated city in a lot of ways, especially around the centre. 

I spent a bit of time around Royal Avenue, Donegal Square and City Hall.  I was very impressed by this new Victoria Square shopping centre. There was exhibitions and events all over the place to mark the 100th anniversary of the Titanic. 

I can't say there was much litter.  I didn't see much in the way of drunks or high-as-a-kite addicts, it was more a case of students and gothic teenagers sunning themselves on the lawns around City Hall while tourists took in the Titanic exhibits. I felt a lot safer taking pictures there than I did in O'Connell St., and that's the honest truth.  The only hitch was a security alert that kept me stuck in the underground car park for half an hour thanks to some "dissident" gobshites who thought they could save Ireland by disrupting the peoples' evening commute.  Other than during the security alert there wasn't much of a visible police presence, it has to be said.

Went to the Odyssey pavilion a few times.  Seems to have its share of drunken teenagers fighting their way out of the nightclubs but there was an army of bouncers keeping a lid on things.  My only complaint about that was an absence of police outside to keep things under control.

Blowitupref

Maybe Paris wasn't the best of examples however i was talking about the "tourism thievery" and not the general cost of living.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose