Best SPL striker of all time

Started by king of leon, May 12, 2011, 07:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Aye I think Jeffers is with Motherwell..

Doogie Browser

Should also say Henrik, brilliant player who had it all.

Club Rossa

nrico2006

The statistics don't lie.

Larsson - 158 goals in 186 games.
Boyd - 164 goals in 296 games.
McCoist 285 goals in 534 games.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

deiseach

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 13, 2011, 08:44:17 AM

That's some record. There was a strange alchemy between Larsson and Celtic

king of leon

I was probably a bit ambigous with the thread, but I was thinking about the best striker of all time in the league or at least in the modern era anyway.

Larsson would be my number one but there is definately good arguments for Dalglish, Boyd and McCoist. Laudraup was also a great player in that time also. 

Club Rossa

Laudrup was a fine player but not a great goalscorer.Jelavic,if he were to stay in Scotland would score a huge amount of goals but i see his agent is claiming that Manchester United are preparing to make a bid for him.

Jimmy McGrory was the greatest striker in Scottish club footballing history but in recent times i would have Larsson as no.1 followed by McCoist.

thebigfella

Quote from: deiseach on May 13, 2011, 12:47:20 PM

In all fairness he was probably too good to be playing at that level, probably flatters him a little.

deiseach

Quote from: thebigfella on May 13, 2011, 01:00:06 PM
Quote from: deiseach on May 13, 2011, 12:47:20 PM

In all fairness he was probably too good to be playing at that level, probably flatters him a little.

He had done nothing up to that point to suggest he was capable of playing for the likes of Barcelona or Man Utd - 26 goals in 101 games for Feyenoord, according to Wikipedia. He looked good whenever I saw him play for Sweden, but then again so did Tomas Brolin

wanderer

Derek Riordan shoud have been on the list, but an accumulation of himself, Strachan & Celtic cost him what should have been an excellent career. His record (and performances) when he first broke through with Hibs was exceptional.
Still chips in with the odd wonder strike, but a bit sad to see the player he became

Banana Man

Brattbakk - that 1 goal made him the all time best in my book  ;D

Canalman

Ally McCoist was the name that popped into my head when I first saw the thread heading.

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 13, 2011, 02:23:18 PM
Mark Hateley.
hated the fecker as a player. but he was superb.
imo was a far better striker than 2yardtapinmccoist

johnneycool

Ahem, not a mention of Duncan Ferguson, struck so hard he ended up in Barlinnie and hospitalised a few Merseyside burglars in his time.

What a striker.