Holiday insurance

Started by supersarsfields, May 12, 2011, 10:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Just looking a bit of advise. Have to book holiday insurance for our honeymoon coming up now in August. We had some wiith the travel agent but it seemed very expensive (£200 or so).
Was checking them out on moneysupermarket and they seem to be coming in alot cheaper than that. So was just looking to see if anyone can reccommend any policies that they have or if there is anything to look out for before I go booking?

Thanks

NAG1

Post Office hard to beat on this one!

tommysmith

200 seems alot unless you were going to syria for a lock of days.

Google Holiday insurance you should find something in 30/40 region which would be more than adequate.

Rois

I have claimed from various holiday insurance companies!

Latest I've had dealings with were Mondial Assistance - they're the crowd that you can choose on countless car hire and flight websites.  I have to say, the girl I dealt with on the phone was incredibly good.  The receptionist at work, and another colleague who used them for car hire insurance, said that they were incredibly efficient. 

www.mondial-assistance.co.uk

Their Irish call centre - completely useless...

brokencrossbar1

Check you bank/house inurance.  We have it built in with our bank account package along with a number of other bits and bobs.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: tommysmith on May 12, 2011, 10:28:01 AM
200 seems alot unless you were going to syria for a lock of days.

Google Holiday insurance you should find something in 30/40 region which would be more than adequate.

Price is all determined by the policy coverage. We had cased stolen in Rome, they were covered no problem, (had an annual travel policy with AA)

Brother had his case stolen, cheap policy he had didnt pay out, his case needed to be physically stolen from him, as in wrestled away from him.

All in the fine print

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Canalman

Try your Credit Union, they usually have a tie in for an annual travel insurance cover. They usually only go with reputable well run insurance companies.
Go for the annual cover.

ross4life

I have found these to be good & reasonably priced http://www.travelinsurance.ie/
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open