UEFA cup final 18/05/2011

Started by Kerry Mike, May 09, 2011, 05:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Braga only accepted half of their allocation & Porto sent back 2,000 tickets
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

quit yo jibbajabba

great atmosphere. crap match. that is all

edit; no it isnt all!
Curious - on way out last night, 3 or 4 guys had signs up requesting used tickets as they were collectors - surely one ticket would suffice for this purpose...was there something more sinister at work eg forgeries, selling duds on ebay?
Anyone any experience of this?

Billys Boots

Quotegreat atmosphere. crap match. that is all

I'd agree about the great atmosphere - much better than we're used to there.

I enjoyed the match; which was, as expected, a tactical bout.  Decided really on two incidents a minute either side of half-time.  Good night out indeed, from my side anyway. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

I had a great night. The atmosphere was brilliant from both sets of fans.
The match was poor enough,thought the second half was a good bit better than the first half.
I enjoyed the trophy presentation.
All in all a great nights entertainment and I'm sure UEFA would have no problem having Dublin again as a venue in a few years time.

Oh and thanks to gawa316 for the tickets. Great seats they were too.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Kerry Mike

QuoteCurious - on way out last night, 3 or 4 guys had signs up requesting used tickets as they were collectors - surely one ticket would suffice for this purpose...was there something more sinister at work eg forgeries, selling duds on ebay?

Saw that as well, must be some scam going on ?

Thought the match for farily crap, Braga were very poor lots of schoolboy mistakes and they had no tack of a forward line, had a great chance at the start of each half though, they should have lumped their big number 3 up to Full forward and tried that route towards the end at least he was horsing lads out of his way.

The ref rode the Braga lads in fairness thought he was very poor, Thankfully it did not go to Extra time could have been painfull viewing.  The large crowd of Porto fans enjoyed the night anyway and hopefully they will go back with a good impression of our little island.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Blowitupref

Typically cagey final affair, Braga's plan (only plan) was to keep a clean sheet & once Porto scored  you could only see one winner. for the ones that went how many empty seats was there?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Capt Pat

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 19, 2011, 09:55:44 AM

edit; no it isnt all!
Curious - on way out last night, 3 or 4 guys had signs up requesting used tickets as they were collectors - surely one ticket would suffice for this purpose...was there something more sinister at work eg forgeries, selling duds on ebay?

I would say they sell them on to collectors. They will probably make a few bob.

quit yo jibbajabba

sounds feasible, was just wondering what the ruse was..

to the poster enquiring about empty seats, att was 45k plus, so 5k empty seats?

Bingo

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 20, 2011, 01:02:43 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 19, 2011, 09:55:44 AM

edit; no it isnt all!

I would say they sell them on to collectors. They will probably make a few bob.

One of the lads on a LFC forum enquired about this. Apparently they are part of a collectors club and they would be there to represent the whole collectors club and gather them stubs to match with match programmes. Some of the collectors would have the pair from every European football final from 1956 according to one of the collectors. He luaghed when he was asked if it was a money making thing - some may sell on ebay he said but only the big big games would attract that but not for big money as the programmes go on general sale and the tickets can be copied easily for this purpose. After flights and accomodation to the venue (paid for by the collectors group) there would be little money to be made, its their hobby and they like to have originals.

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 20, 2011, 09:18:55 AM

According to UEFA the capacity for the night was 47,000. I expect this is because a lot of the seats had netting over them to segregate the fans.
The official attendance was 45,391 which only leaves 1,609 empty seats.
Not bad at all IMHO.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on May 20, 2011, 10:55:03 AM

According to UEFA the capacity for the night was 47,000. I expect this is because a lot of the seats had netting over them to segregate the fans.
Not bad at all IMHO.

I imagine LFC had as many fans there as Braga  ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Bingo - interesting re; the tickets...there's boys for everything nowadays eh! out of the 3,4 boys doing this, 1 looked like the sort of anorak that would be well into that sorta stuff (no offence to him!)...another looked, how shall we say, more dodgy......

re; the liverpool fans, saw a few flags alrite, as im sure you maybe did; the one boy i spoke to when i got mini-lost after match was from liverpool.....in the pub i was in i also heard scottish(rangers?) and manchester(city) accents.....there were a few taking a punt i'd guess!   ;D

ludermor

Quote from: laoislad on May 20, 2011, 10:55:03 AM

Not bad at all IMHO.
There are a few thousand seats with a partial view, would these even be sold for a major final?