Twitter...Who do you follow?

Started by Dave, May 06, 2011, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Its not the first time they've gone at it IIRC?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 14, 2013, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 14, 2013, 08:36:19 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 14, 2013, 08:34:26 PM
Some banter between Joey Barton and Didi Hamann on twitter.

Didi almost always gets the better of him.
Very intelligent man by all accounts.

If he was that intelligent he wouldn't engage with that lunatic.
He knows he always comes out of it looking like the good guy. Barton can't help but take the bait. Calling him a coke head in a public forum wouldnt be a great idea.

gerrykeegan

I have little or no time for Barton but Didi did start it. He knew Barton would respond.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Minder

Barton being an obnoxious **** ? Never
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

I think Hamann's intelligence may be overstated ... But no doubting Barton's scumbaggery isnt! 

Full transcript here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9801632/Joey-Barton-and-former-Liverpool-and-Man-City-midfielder-Dietmar-Hamann-in-frankly-hilarious-Twitter-altercation.html

The last tweet by Barton is priceless:
"Disappointed in myself for getting involved in that" !!

Billys Boots

I love this bit "Barton and Hamann, of course, played together in the Manchester City midfield for a season. They parted ways in the summer of 2007, since which time one has become a washed-up, semi-retired has-been whose considerable footballing talent is now a fading memory and who lives his life vicariously through Twitter in an attempt to recapture the renown he once enjoyed, and the other has remained Dietmar Hamann. "
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

take_yer_points

The solicitors letter must've landed from Hamann...

On Monday evening tweets exchanged between Dietmar Hamann and I went beyond the boundaries of banter, opinion and common sense.

I accept that my comments were offensive, untrue and related to matters of a personal nature, of which I had no knowledge.

I have apologised to Dietmar personally and now wish to apologise through the same social media channels that I used to make them, as well as my own website.

I appreciate my comments have caused Dietmar and his family some distress and I fully regret that.

I also appreciate that my comments should not have been made, as they could have damaged Dieitmar's reputation, which should  remain intact as a fantastic player and ambassador for German Football, as well as the game in general.

Dietmar and I have now agreed to draw a line under the unfortunate exchange and neither of us will be making any further comments on the subject.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2013, 10:38:56 PM
Whatever about Barton, Hamann comes across like a right walt.
He knows exactly how to push Barton's buttons.

imtommygunn

Hamann comes across as a bit of a pillock. What good could have come from that exchange for him?

Stupid.

boojangles

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2013, 10:49:00 PM
Yeah but it's Barton. It's like bullying the weakest kid in school. Anyone could troll him. A self righteous, pseudo-intellectual fcukwit who doesn't like it when the class clown gives him a few home truths. Fcuk off, Dietmar....

Rant over.
:)

What 'truths' would they be?

ziggysego

I enjoyed a certain tweet in today's Irish News  ;D
Testing Accessibility

rodney trotter

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2013, 11:57:34 PM
Gambling his loot and the wife feckin off with the kids.

Got that part in, and then threw in a load of lies.

NAG1

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 17, 2013, 11:10:00 AM

Not a fan of Barton by any stretch, but Hamann didn't come back at him too strongly on any of his claims from what I saw.

rodney trotter

Quote from: NAG1 on January 17, 2013, 11:14:36 AM

Not a fan of Barton by any stretch, but Hamann didn't come back at him too strongly on any of his claims from what I saw.

I think were he added #EnglandInternational to the end of a few tweets was enough to wind up Barton.

Barton tweeted 2 years ago that he was a better player than Lampard, Barry, and a few others, and should have been in the squad.

NAG1

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 17, 2013, 12:20:34 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 17, 2013, 11:14:36 AM

I think were he added #EnglandInternational to the end of a few tweets was enough to wind up Barton.

Barton tweeted 2 years ago that he was a better player than Lampard, Barry, and a few others, and should have been in the squad.

Not much of a comeback all the same to being accused of being unprofessional, broke, gambler, womaniser and drug taker  ???