Laois v Longford May 22nd O'Moore Park,Portlaoise.

Started by laoislad, May 04, 2011, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Definitely a lost opportunity for Longford there.
Huge amount of turn overs, don't think the wind can be blamed for all of it, but I'm sure it made things very difficult
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Shamrock Shore

:'(

I weep for one of the saddest football games I've witnessed.

Jesus - I know we have our limitations and we displayed them today. 16 effing wides. 16. FFS  >:(

Imagine if we had ....ah feck it. Uncle.....Aunt......balls etc

Laois have gone down a lot in my estimation. They were just as bad as Longford. If not worse. I know they won but Laois are now a Div 1 side. Are they overtrained? Just doing enough to beat pesky Longford and agin the Dubs we'll see The Real Laois?

We'll happily jaunt around the country for the Qualifers. No side will relish a trip to Larryland.

The Boy Wonder

I dunno if you could say Laois were lucky as they have the Dubs up next. A repeat of that performance and they'll be blitzed.
Hard luck to Longford - 16 wides cost dearly.

goal 10

QUIGLEY DRIVES ME CRAZY

He is letting his team down badly

he needs a good kick up the ass.

Main Street

I don't know how Longford contrived not to take that game. I can take a defeat as badly as any man but thank féck I didn't have to be invested with Longford today.

INDIANA

Piss- poor game. I'd expect Laois to improve for Dublin though.

Was an absolute snooze-fest.

Shamrock Shore

If Laois don't improve Indiana lorry a wedge on Dublin to win by a cricket score. I am sure even the most Laois of Laois people on here won't disagree.

ross4life

The auld wide tally has come back to haunt Longford again, i would normally say unlucky but it's all too common for them. would have to fear for Laois v the Dubs next.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Yes to make any progress Longford need more accurate kickers, Laois were poor today must be a big worry for them before they head to Croke Park.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

haze

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 22, 2011, 10:54:29 PM
If Laois don't improve Indiana lorry a wedge on Dublin to win by a cricket score. I am sure even the most Laois of Laois people on here won't disagree.
Would love to disagree but at the moment I can't find reasons to. Today's match must have been the the most sanitised championship game I have ever been to. The final whistle was surreal, there was a barely audible cheer and while it might have alot to do the poor quality game, I think there was a realisation that Dublin could do a serious number on us.

Having said that, going to presume that Laois will kick on from that display and hope that Dublin suffer from the same first round teething problems that they experienced last year against Wexford

Shamrock Shore

Haze

Had we won, say through a last minute goal or whatever, I would have gone to Croke Park with fear in my heart. I know each game is different but Dubs+Croke Park+1,000,000 points to prove to The Hill, The Herald, Tommy Lyons, Bang Bang and The Auld Wan that used to dance outside of the GPO..........Jesus, I think we'd be steamrolled judging on the last 3 performances I've seen (Leitrim, Roscommon and now Laois).

A hiding in Croke Park is no use to anyone. Hey, maybe we'd have given the Dubs a match but, hand on heart, I don't think so.

I cannot see Dublin having a cold start come June 5. Laois will need to (as Gerry Adams would say) 'redouble thur effurts' if they have any hope. And then redouble them again.

Main Street

On the other hand, Longford could have turned up and scared the bejaysus out of the Dubs, like a half banjaxed Wexford did last year. There's nothing like the sound of thousands of squirming Dubs on Hill 16, to give your existence a bit of extra meaning.

panc56

Gutted - Paul Barden had a poor game and normally chips in with a few scores in every game. We needed to score goals when the chances came we belted them over the bar. The top teams drill the net when one on one with the keeper. Gutted - that Paddy Dowd has been poor again , he offers nothing except enthusiasm and that not enough for County Football. Dubs will beat Laois out the gate by half time and the lillies will beat the royals out the gate too. Good semi final in store then , as for us , we will welcome anyone to Pearse Park on June 25th. Couple of games in the qualifiers and then promotion out of Div3 will do.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open