Cork v Dublin - NFL Div 1 final

Started by heffo, April 21, 2011, 08:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 24, 2011, 09:52:52 PM
Quinn and Kelly had simple chances which if taken would likely have won us the day....It was a good test for Daly/Burke/Kelly before the championship to see how they delivered and unfortunately it wasn't great.

With hopefully Rory, Ross, Griffen, Henry, McConnell, Fennell, O'Sullivan coming back it should seriously improve our strength in the back 8 and O'Gara and A Brogan will make a big difference up front.

Can anyone explain 2 things for me -
1 - How is a perfect shoulder hit now a free kick?
2 - How is sticking out a leg to trip a player not a yellow card?

Ross O Carroll is gone for the season unless the sciatia is cured. Mc Connell wont be fit for the opening championship games. O Sullivan still in a bad way with his hamstring. Grif.f hasnt played inter county for a long time. Fennell isnt a 70min man

Ultimately we have Rory O Carroll and Ross Mc Connell missing today against half a Cork team  and we didnt win. No matter what way its dressed up-thats the bottom line.

Whether they can recover or not- who knows- but this will make/break them.

LeoMc

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 24, 2011, 06:16:02 PM
I know fcuk all about your squad Indiana but taking Connolly off really made me scratch my head...he looked on top form??
A strange one alright, Brogan was injured and Cullen had said in an interview about emptying the tank for 40 minutes and going off but Connolly???
It looked like the subs were been given a run out as the game was ovr.

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 24, 2011, 05:37:29 PM
Cork going for back to back doubles, how long is it since that was done ?

Just before closing time.
MWWSI 2017

NP 76

Really and throughly is anybodly afraid of the Dubs after today in all honesty

Throw ball

Quote from: NP 76 on April 25, 2011, 12:59:52 AM
Really and throughly is anybodly afraid of the Dubs after today in all honesty

Down lost a national final last year against a team they hammered earlier in the year and who they still consider themselves to be superior to and still reached an All Ireland Final. The Dubs may not win Sam but they will beat most teams.

Jinxy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 24, 2011, 09:52:52 PM
Quinn and Kelly had simple chances which if taken would likely have won us the day....It was a good test for Daly/Burke/Kelly before the championship to see how they delivered and unfortunately it wasn't great.

In fairness to Daly, why was a lad who played all his football during the league as a corner back brought on in the forwards?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

I'd expect these two will meet in another key game this summer but the question is..will the Dubs learn the lessons from these defeats?

After the game i was on the LUAS a with a full load of Cork buckos .. you would swear they lost the game with all the complaining!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Disappointed for the Dubs they really should be closing out these games. Ross, Cork fans are getting like the Kerry fans never happy.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hoof Hearted

http://img.rasset.ie/00047c65-674.jpg

do you think was the umpire well enough placed to see this ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Main Street

That's a brilliant photo.
Is it as bad as it looks?

highorlow

QuoteLost on the line. Bad subsitutions. Some of the subs are not remotely good enough for inter county football. Yet better players are consistently overlooked.

Same old excuses from the Dubs supporters. Not sure Gilroy could have done anything about the poor free taking in the last ten minutes.....Thats what lost the game.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Lecale2

Enjoyable match to watch as a neutral.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Dublin should be very worried, 14 points up against Mayo, they allow Mayo to claw that back (before pushing off a little for the victory). Having a huge lead on Galway and just about manage a draw. Yes they had just 14 men against Galway, but Galway were the poorest team in division 1. Now they lose an 8 point lead against the team that sets the bar, Cork. Two of those games where played in County Dublin. Would also be a bit worried about Dublin's reliance on Brogan and championship fitness in April, from my experience of watching Mayo over the years, will they be dead on their feet in July or August.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Gael85

Lads were unlucky yesterday,plenty positives to take from game,still have OCarrolls,Cian O'Sullivan,Fennell and Alan Brogan to come back into squad.
For all the talk in media about how great Dublin defence is this year,yet again we were exposed,Paul Brogan is a fine footballer made plenty runs up the pitch but his job is to defend give Donnacha OConnor too much room,need Rory OCarroll back there when returns from France and his brother Ross beside him if injury free.We haved played 8 league and conceeded 6-113(131) on average 16 points a game.

Midfield has been another issue this season,Bastic tries hard but decision making is poor need Murray/Cahill beside Mccauley with Fennell coming in as impact sub.Cullen is carrying an injury and cannot play full 70,would it not be better to bring him on rather than take him off,he is vital player who we need in last 20 minutes of a game,he had big impact in early games in league when introduced in second half,the freetaking issue is obviously getting worse,with Conal Keaney not on panel I dont think we have a left footed outfield freetaker,Robert McCarthy-Peregines should of given chance in league,Finally people can criticise Gilroy subsititions but he is consistent and seems to play players on form and not reputation yesterday was a chance for some of them subs to stake a claim for championship place.For all the talk how strong Dublin panel is some of these subs on panel 4/5 years shouldnt be near a Dublin panel.