Started by Puckoon, April 18, 2011, 09:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

The hay fever will be starting shortly, i cant wait
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 19, 2011, 08:19:36 AM

Beconase for the nose, Optrex for the eyes, Sinutab for the Sinuses - For one week before your historically worst time.
this is the only remedy that ever worked for me.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Puckoon

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 19, 2011, 04:37:19 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 18, 2011, 09:13:40 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen - she's just around the corner. Summer - the best time of the year.

Time to throw the golf sticks in the boot and keep them there til late november, so they can be ready at a moments notice that the boss is leaving the office.

Time to pack away the snow boots, the scarves and wolly hats - and the big heavy jackets.

Time to take the ice scrapper of the floor of the passenger seat and back into the boot where it belongs.

Time to get the grill scrapped down and ready for another 5 months of charring marinades and juicy steaks. Or just buy a new one  ;D.

Time to get the fridge re-stocked with plenty of beer and stuff for the cocktails in the summer evenings. Maybe even time to devote an entire fridge to beverages.

Time to get the money on Tyrone for the AISFC, get the trips to the lake organized - maybe a new speedo and plenty of suncream.

Bring it on.

Your living in Nevada would you include the burning man festival in your summer to do list?

Promised myself I would go before I was 30. That ship sailed last year. I might go out this year - but its unlikely. Maybe I'll take her indoors next year for our honeymoon. Almost everyone of my friends go - and they aren't fit to speak for a few days when they come back. I just like to peruse their facebook pictures and see if I recognize anyone in the topless bicycle ride.

Rois

I love the summer because I can drive topless without people staring too much  ;)

I mean with the top down on my car.

Denn Forever

More activity on the GAA Discussion board.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

fitzroyalty

ardal

It's the anticipation.

It's the undertones

maggie

Its my two favourite months of the year. July and August.

ziggysego

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 19, 2011, 08:19:36 AM

Started already for me :'(
Testing Accessibility

The Iceman

I'm with you Puck! All ready for the sun, longer evenings, grilling up some steaks, floating about in the pool with a bud in hand.
Heading to Cabo for 4 nights next week with the Bride to get things going. Heading home then for a couple of weeks at the end of June.

Can't beat the summer!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on April 20, 2011, 02:40:57 PM
I'm with you Puck! All ready for the sun, longer evenings, grilling up some steaks, floating about in the pool with a bud in hand.
Heading to Cabo for 4 nights next week with the Bride to get things going. Heading home then for a couple of weeks at the end of June.

Can't beat the summer!

May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December...

Ill send you a wee package in January.

mannix

Depends where you spend summer, in NYC It would melt you most of the summer. I love the night when you come out of an air conditioned bar and the air is warm. I like Ireland where it's bright till late and bright again really early, the smell of hay and the taste of guinness after a day working hay or turf.
What can ever beat the summers you have as a young fella?  In the 70s and 80 s when few had money the ice lolly and odd trip to the beach was great. Maybe having too much as a lot of kids do today( or at least had till a couple of years ago) is not the best way to be.

The Iceman

There's no doubt summers were great years ago too Mannix when the weather was better and we had summers in the summer.
I have great memories of kicking ball and swinging hurls in freshly cut stubble fields, or riding trailers full of silage up back roads, of building forts in trees and hedges, pulling strawberries and eating more than I should have. Always enjoyed the autumn too though when the hunting season started.....

i wonder will the kids of today look back in 20 years and have as fond as memories as we do..........
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.