A great week for Laois

Started by laoisgaa, April 17, 2011, 06:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisgaa

The past seven days has to be the best one for Laois Gaelic Games in an awful long time - perhaps ever. Two league final qualifications with the Ladies Footballers being Monaghan today hot on the heels of the Senior lads win over Donegal last week.

A GAA President Elect in the shape of Liam O'Neill - Congress in Laois next year and wins for the Minor Footballers and Senior hurlers - I don't recall a 100% week for blue and whites for a long time.

Jinxy

The more counties doing well the better, even if Laois is one of them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

laoisgaa

Thats very much appreciated coming from a Meath man - speaking of Meath - good win for yer ladies today - through to the Division 2 final. I was sitting beside Liam Keane and his wife last night at the Congress banquet - good stock!

Jinxy

Is Liam still involved with the DRA?

laoisgaa

Not exactly sure on that - I know he has some involvement with the appeals committee.

He has been appointed to some role with the International Rules team now as well coming out of the weekend

Jinxy

I don't like to see good solid Meath men involved with that mockery of a game.  >:(

laoisgaa

John McDermott being the last 'solid' Meath man to be involved? :)

Jinxy

Plenty of solid Laois men were too, back in the day.  :D
Solid useless.

laoisgaa

Through - I don't know if that International rules team had any solid men the last few years!

drici

Hardy

Quote from: laoisgaa on April 17, 2011, 08:55:21 PM
Through - I don't know if that International rules team had any solid men the last few years!

Who does your sub-editing?

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on April 18, 2011, 10:13:29 AM
Quote from: laoisgaa on April 17, 2011, 08:55:21 PM

Who does your sub-editing?

Give him a break - CD is a one stop shop!

Dinny Breen

I opened this expecting to see Banjos for sale at half price  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2011, 07:23:48 PM

I think we need to change the format of the All-Ireland and leagues so all teams win, all the time.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

deiseach

Quote from: thejuice on April 18, 2011, 02:22:50 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2011, 07:23:48 PM

I think we need to change the format of the All-Ireland and leagues so all teams win, all the time.

We'd still lose in the semi-final