What a b*llocks.....

Started by pintsofguinness, April 15, 2011, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Was all over the news in the US a few days ago. I didn't think the footage was too bad. I would be uncomfortable if it was my children but I realise they can't not check children and people in wheelchairs.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2011, 10:36:23 PM
Was all over the news in the US a few days ago. I didn't think the footage was too bad. I would be uncomfortable if it was my children but I realise they can't not check children and people in wheelchairs.
It seems worse now that the rags here have joined it.  It shouldn't even be a news story! Some jumped up, self righteous bollocks thinks her and her children are above checking now we're going to have outcry every time it's done.

No one likes being touched up by some security man (well, most people) but they'd like getting blew up less!

Capt Pat

It certainly is not news. Just some security worker getting carried away in the war on terror.

mannix

More erosion of freedom in the land of the free,

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 16, 2011, 12:49:48 AM
It certainly is not news. Just some security worker getting carried away in the war on terror.
Or some security worker doing their job. Matter of opinion.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2011, 09:10:07 AM
It's not a matter of opinion, it is some security worker doing their job.

capt pat are you saying that children shouldn't be frisked? what about old people or disabled people etc? It's not as if children have ever been used to transport things they shouldn't... 

maddog

Bottom line is that the type of terrorism they are trying to stop are the type that are capable of sending their sons or daughters out to martyr themselves. So while it is a very remote possibility that they would try this theres no man alive that could say for certain it couldn't happen. Therefore if you want to fly prepare to be checked. Lax security was no doubt a major factor on the day the towers came down. Better an annoyed parent than 5000 dead.
What does amuse me is the inconsistency with airports. Last week flying out of Birmingham i wasn't asked to remove belt or shoes, yet flying back from Derry airport it was shoes off, belt off, all change out of pockets etc, then they opened the hand luggage to check out an item they couldn't identify on the screen which turned out to be a packet of 3 golf balls....

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2011, 09:10:07 AM

I saw a programme on the Hillsborough disaster.

One survivor made a comment that really stuck in my mind, he said that the cops put the prevention of hooliganism above the safety of fans. In the cops minds they were doing their jobs. But 96 died.

Hooliganism and terrorism prevention should be part of safety measures, not a priority over them.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

THe child in this video obviously wan't hiding anything and didn't need to be frisked. If she had a big winter coat on maybe that could have been searched, it was ridiculous.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 16, 2011, 11:59:42 AM
THe child in this video obviously wan't hiding anything and didn't need to be frisked. If she had a big winter coat on maybe that could have been searched, it was ridiculous.
I don't understand how it was obvious she wasn't hiding anything?
and does that apply for everyone, unless you've a "big winter coat" on you're obviously not hiding anything. 
What guidance would you issue for the security people to determine if it's obvious someone is not hiding something?

Hardy

The point is that you don't want the security grunt making the decision on who does/doesn't need to be frisked or what's a heavy winter coat or otherwise. You have to have fairly easily applied procedures.

Some people feel the need to be outraged about everything and I'm sure the people in this case are just being a little over-zealous in the current climate of child-abuse awareness. This now accommodates hysterical stuff such as the proposed criminalising of the publication of ordinary photos of kids in school teams, etc. without permission.

The shite about the kids being traumatised is ridiculous, imo. Any kid I ever knew got a great kick out of being treated the same as the adults and I can't imagine a kid that wouldn't say "cool" as he/she was frisked like a real potential terrorist.

Maguire01

How was it obvious? Why do I need to be frisked when i go through an airport? Surely it's 'obvious' that i'm not hiding anything(?)

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 16, 2011, 12:26:45 PM
How was it obvious? Why do I need to be frisked when i go through an airport? Surely it's 'obvious' that i'm not hiding anything(?)

you cant even get through aughnacloy.. :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 17, 2011, 10:31:24 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 16, 2011, 12:26:45 PM

you cant even get through aughnacloy.. :D
?