USFC Qtr Final - Armagh V Down - Athletic Grounds 28th May 7:30pm

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 13, 2011, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 25, 2011, 02:56:55 PM
A good thing about living in England is that I dont get all the prematch buld up, ie who's injured, who might be injured and not playing etc. When I was at home - Lurgan - this used to occupy my mind all day everyday. Now, I just get snippets by coming on here. As a result, Im maybe more optimistic about an Armagh win than others, probably niavely so but who cares.
On a side note, anyone know anywhere in Newcastle, England, thatll be showing the game? Would be much appreciated as Im on a stag do there this weekend and dont wanna miss the BIG game of Saturday night

Try Tyneside Irish centre

PAULD123

By the way bear in mind that it is not a case of people choosing soccer over Gaelic. In fact a lot of people are choosing both soccer and Gaelic, over just Gaelic. Both games are on TV live and all you need is a remote control to keep an eye on both. So to my list of distractions I should have also added live TV.

Banana Man

Quote from: maddog on May 25, 2011, 03:15:13 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 25, 2011, 02:56:55 PM
A good thing about living in England is that I dont get all the prematch buld up, ie who's injured, who might be injured and not playing etc. When I was at home - Lurgan - this used to occupy my mind all day everyday. Now, I just get snippets by coming on here. As a result, Im maybe more optimistic about an Armagh win than others, probably niavely so but who cares.
On a side note, anyone know anywhere in Newcastle, England, thatll be showing the game? Would be much appreciated as Im on a stag do there this weekend and dont wanna miss the BIG game of Saturday night

Try Tyneside Irish centre

let'd be frank if your enjoying newcastle properly you won't be too worried about Down or Armagh - i know i wouldn't be!

armaghniac

QuoteThey can watch it for free at home and save a fortune on tickets, food & drink and having to listen to Down fans should they lose in their new playground.

Tickets are a cost for sure, but you don't really need to stock up on food when going from Armagh to the game, you could just eat at home. Not real need for hotel accommodation either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

I love the way people would be insulted if not thought of as a true gael, big tickle gents.

goldenyears

Tyneside Irish Centre is a complete shit hole, do not go there!
Trying to work out where would show it; check Jurys Inn Hotel for advice; they should point you in the right direction

Shortso79

Kings of Leon blamed for slow ticket sales

25 May 2011

Ulster SFC ticket sales are slow in Armagh and it could be Kings of Leon's fault.

The Orchard County's Saturday night meeting with Down at The Athletic Grounds is clashing not just with the Champions League but also with the Followill siblings' much-anticipated appearance at Slane Castle.

Armagh officer Joe Jordan tells today's Irish News: "All the young ones are going to it. Tickets for it sold in about half an hour.

"I can't help noticing that the young ones are all talking about it, so that's a big issue.

"I thought at the start of the year that the championship would be a good indicator of the state of the country financially. You have the fact of the match being on television and the Champions League final, but the rock concert in Slane is a bigger downturn in sales.

"It just happens to be a complicated weekend with the TV, the Champions League plus Slane and the recession.

"I thought - even allowing for the recession - you would have 8,000 from Armagh and 8,000 from Down. We will know better today but at this stage we would be looking at well below 5,000."

http://www.hoganstand.com/Armagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=148521

DuffleKing

They had a piece on joe jordan's comments on the sports show on newstalk radio this evening - basically laughing at him

naka

collected my tickets tonite--our club has sold 55 in armagh
the REASON IS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ffs  had my pick of any tickets i wanted
out of my family my brother and his four kids all over 17 are watching both matches in the pub,
my other brother wont go cos doing newry marathon and doesnt want to go on piss
my two brother in laws( down men) watching games in pub
out of potentially18 people there is only me and my two kids

sums up the major mistake the gaa have made
but feckit--"I THINK WE WILL WIN BY THREE"

Agent Orange

I was offered two CL final tickets today, maybe Kings of Leon are the big issue.

downgirl

Lads I'm in Cork atm; is the main Newry - Armagh road closed, just heard from someone it is one way at the mo?? :-\  Coming from Ardglass would it be better to go via the motorway rather than trying to go the Newry route?  Thanks in advance!  :)

Agent Orange

The main Newry-Armagh Rd is closed at Markethill. Traffic is being diverted towards Hamiltonsbawn. There arent many GAA fans in that area.

downgirl

Neither is Ballynahinch/Lisburn to get on the motorway!  Will keep the heads down and floor it!  Motorway it is so!

Orangemac

Quote from: Shortso79 on May 25, 2011, 09:18:28 PM
Kings of Leon blamed for slow ticket sales

25 May 2011

Ulster SFC ticket sales are slow in Armagh and it could be Kings of Leon's fault.

The Orchard County's Saturday night meeting with Down at The Athletic Grounds is clashing not just with the Champions League but also with the Followill siblings' much-anticipated appearance at Slane Castle.

Armagh officer Joe Jordan tells today's Irish News: "All the young ones are going to it. Tickets for it sold in about half an hour.

"I can't help noticing that the young ones are all talking about it, so that's a big issue.

"I thought at the start of the year that the championship would be a good indicator of the state of the country financially. You have the fact of the match being on television and the Champions League final, but the rock concert in Slane is a bigger downturn in sales.

"It just happens to be a complicated weekend with the TV, the Champions League plus Slane and the recession.

"I thought - even allowing for the recession - you would have 8,000 from Armagh and 8,000 from Down. We will know better today but at this stage we would be looking at well below 5,000."

http://www.hoganstand.com/Armagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=148521
Don't Kings of Leon have a song called "Fans"?

Think this is more a case of Jordan not wanting to admit that the CL is the main reason. If the game had been on the Sunday a lot of these variables would have been removed. Was it originally moved for TV? What benefit was there for the Ulster Council in moving from a Sat to a Sun?

Not going myself as I have a communion on that day but I haven't heard this used as an excuse yet.

here comes 6

Will Armagh hand the rest of their allocation over to the Down County Board now that Armagh dont need them and that Down have run out?