Connacht SFC QF New York v Roscommon 1.5.11 Páirc na Gael the Bronx

Started by ross4life, April 12, 2011, 04:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

I see Pat McEnaney will ref this game, nice little trip for him.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 13, 2011, 01:27:38 PM
Dan will be NY main score getter.  He had a great game last year against Galway.

Don't be surprised if Robbie Tasker nabs a couple of goals.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

muppet

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 19, 2011, 10:22:51 PM
Dan will be NY main score getter.  He had a great game last year against Galway.

Was he an Armagh minor from a couple of years ago?
MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: muppet on April 19, 2011, 10:24:49 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 19, 2011, 10:22:51 PM

Was he an Armagh minor from a couple of years ago?

Yes, biased as I am, he was arguably one of, if not the, best Minors in the country in 2009. Had a great season for us in the Armagh league and championship but he's gone to America for at least the early part of the Summer.

orchard 8195

Any other decent players with a bitve county experience, or highly rated youngsters like Tasker moved to NY recently that could possibly feature?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: orchard 8195 on April 19, 2011, 10:42:40 PM
Any other decent players with a bitve county experience, or highly rated youngsters like Tasker moved to NY recently that could possibly feature?

There's another from my club, Gary McCooey who starred against Crossmaglen in last year's championship and could well be involved with the NY county set-up.

AbbeySider

What happens if New York or London actually win these games?
Are the rounds preliminary or are they actual quarter finals?

(we probably have this conversation every year so im just keeping the tradition going  ;) )

Rossfan

If they win then they are due to play the Connacht semi final.
I'm sure London will be able to fulfill such a fixture but that other crowd would probably be unable to field a team in Ireland. ::)
Anyway let's hope NY will have their interest ended by 10pm Irish time ( 10.20 Ros time) on May day.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laoisgaa

ppened a few years ago with the new york hurlers in the Ulster Champíonship - I think they won a game and couldn~t field then for the next game in Ireland

heffo

Quote from: laoisgaa on April 20, 2011, 05:14:23 PM
ppened a few years ago with the new york hurlers in the Ulster Champíonship - I think they won a game and couldn~t field then for the next game in Ireland

May 2006 - I got word from a colleague of yours that Derry were decimated and I lumped on in a bookies down south.

Cosmo Kramer

Forecast is for a week of West of Ireland weather in New York. Rubbish for the Rossie fans going over but probably great news in terms of their chances of winning the game after the inept display yesterday.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross4life

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 24, 2011, 06:07:23 PM
Forecast is for a week of West of Ireland weather in New York. Rubbish for the Rossie fans going over but probably great news in terms of their chances of winning the game after the inept display yesterday.
When is the last time you have seen us play live?? long gone are the days of big, strong, physical and athletic Roscommon team that play better in the pouring rain.

As for the fans who cares about the bad weather? i was in NY in March once when it raining everyday & it didn't stop me from having a great time.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

I have to laugh at the myth which persists in the GAA world about Ros teams being full of big strong horses of bucks who love the muck and the rain.
We must be one of the lightest and smallest teams playing Inter co football today.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: ross4life on April 24, 2011, 10:00:45 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 24, 2011, 06:07:23 PM
When is the last time you have seen us play live?? long gone are the days of big, strong, physical and athletic Roscommon team that play better in the pouring rain.

Last year's Connacht final. I was actually thinking more in terms of lack of high temperatures. It was the heat as much as anything that got Galway into trouble last year.

Quote from: ross4life on April 24, 2011, 10:00:45 PM
As for the fans who cares about the bad weather? i was in NY in March once when it raining everyday & it didn't stop me from having a great time.

I'm sure they'll still have a good time, but I can't imagine any of them will be hoping it pisses rain for the week, if its your holiday for the year you're surely going to want some decent weather.

You seem grumpy today...

Quote from: Rossfan on April 24, 2011, 10:11:08 PM
I have to laugh at the myth which persists in the GAA world about Ros teams being full of big strong horses of bucks who love the muck and the rain.
We must be one of the lightest and smallest teams playing Inter co football today.

I don't think that myth actually exists. The forecast for Sunday in NY is dry but not particularly warm. Would think it would suit an Irish team going over, that's all.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100