Text Message in circulation in Co. Meath

Started by demusicman, April 08, 2011, 02:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Sorry Myles - I didn't have much to work with.

There's a grain of reality, though, in my suggestion that Meath people are no longer as aware of Cavan the football entity as previous generations. The current generation is not even aware that we're supposed to dislike youse and completely oblivious of the fact that youse hate us any more than everyone else does. We're in the hate big league. Dublin, Cork, Tyrone, Mayo. Well, OK - Dublin, Cork and Tyrone.

mylestheslasher

That's more like it. Hate is a very strong word, I'd never use it about football teams. But Ye should really ask yourselves what it is that makes other counties dislike Ye? You must be top of the dislike league by a long way I'm reckoning. It's them big thick red faces and shovel hands that does it for me.

Tyrones own

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 10, 2011, 01:02:13 PM
That's more like it. Hate is a very strong word, I'd never use it about football teams. But Ye should really ask yourselves what it is that makes other counties dislike Ye? You must be top of the dislike league by a long way I'm reckoning. It's them big thick red faces and shovel hands that does it for me.
:D As opposed to the Caaaavan man with the wooly Christmas jumper with holes in it tucked tightly into the jeans that are held up
to the oxters with the bailer twine fused nicely with thon one slightly raised eyebrow surprised look  ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 10, 2011, 03:55:07 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 10, 2011, 01:02:13 PM
:D As opposed to the Caaaavan man with the wooly Christmas jumper with holes in it tucked tightly into the jeans that are held up
to the oxters with the bailer twine fused nicely with thon one slightly raised eyebrow surprised look  ;D

As opposed to Tyrone with the left eyeball in the right socket and the right eyeball in the left socket, running around thinking the GAA was formed in the 1990's. And that bitter angry look in their faces like the world is out to get ye. :P

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 10, 2011, 09:05:00 PM
I for one don't hate Meath.

Thats nice.

Tell you what, they were poxy lucky not to go down today. Can't ever remember a team staying up before with only 3 points!

Onlooker

That is right Myles.  You would think it impossible for team on 3 points to avoid being relegated.  I would be certain that it has never happened before.  Limerick were relegated from Div. 3 after getting 6 points and last year in Div. 2, Tipperary were relegated with 5 points, even though we beat Meath and Westmeath.  In fairness to Meath, they are the great survivors.

PAULD123

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 10, 2011, 09:07:22 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 10, 2011, 09:05:00 PM
I for one don't hate Meath.

Thats nice.

Tell you what, they were poxy lucky not to go down today. Can't ever remember a team staying up before with only 3 points!

If you are racing against donkeys then you only need to be a carthorse to win

Croí na hÉireann

We stayed up in Division 1A in 2004 on 4 points, Eastmeath got relegated from 1B on 6 points that year IIRC, don't recall anyone avoiding relegation on 3 points before offhand. Got a text from one of our separated brethren at 4 o'clock yesterday stating that "Banty's a legand", OBE withdrawn it seems.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...