Uladh Abú 1991-1994

Started by laochra_gael, April 08, 2011, 10:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laochra_gael

Laochra Gael this Sunday at 17.55 on TG4

Laochra Gael: Uladh Abú 1991 – 1994: Bhuaigh An Dún Corn Mhic Uidhir sa bhliain 1991. Bhí sé 23 bliain roimhe sin ó bhuaigh aon fhoireann i gCúige Uladh Corn Mhic Uidhir. Tháinig borradh faoin bpeil i gCúige Uladh agus bhuaigh Dún na nGall agus Doire Corn Mhic Uidhir na blianta ina dhiaidh sin. Beidh Ross Carr, Henry Downey, Brian McEniff, Tony Scullion, John Joe Doherty agus Jarlath Burns ar an gclár.

Laochra Gael: Uladh Abú 1991-1994
After a 23 year famine of All Ireland football wins,  in 1991 Down brought the Sam Maguire Cup north. Who could have predicted that Donegal and Derry would follow suit in an unprecedented golden era of Ulster football.
With interviews from Ross Carr, Henry Downey, Brian McEniff, Tony Scullion, John Joe Doherty and Jarlath Burns.

Canalman

Will be painful watching for us Dubs. A real "what if" period for us. 1994 AIF still grates especially.

There will be some amount of good footballers on show. One for Ulster to enjoy.

Hardy

under the bar

QuoteWill be painful watching for us Dubs. A real "what if" period for us.
1994 AIF still grates especially.

Which was probably why Paddy Russell handed you the 1995 win against the rules of the game.

Mike Sheehy

Possibly the lowest period in the history of Gaelic football.

Canalman

Quote from: under the bar on April 14, 2011, 10:17:38 PM
QuoteWill be painful watching for us Dubs. A real "what if" period for us.
1994 AIF still grates especially.

Which was probably why Paddy Russell handed you the 1995 win against the rules of the game.

Not so.

AZOffaly

They were great days. Those titles weren't won with any negativity as far as I can remember, although there was a huge emphasis on retaining possession. But men like Mickey Linden, James McCartan, the McHughs, Declan Bonner, Anthony Tohill etc would have graced any All Ireland team.

qwerty

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 15, 2011, 03:19:56 AM
Possibly the lowest period in the history of Gaelic football.
[/quote

I would consider the lowest ebb of Gaelic football, was when Kerry were playing basketball in the 70's & 80's and throwing the ball into the net. The original puke football IMO

Fear Boirche

Quote from: laochra_gael on April 08, 2011, 10:50:01 AM

With interviews from Ross Carr, Henry Downey, Brian McEniff, Tony Scullion, John Joe Doherty and Jarlath Burns.

Spot the odd man out  ;)

thejuice

f**king '91. Colm O'Rourke and his bloody flu. Flu me arse, if it were the latter stages of leprosy and I might have let him off with it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

In fairness, juice it was pneumonia! And he still managed to put in 20 minutes and nearly won the feckin thing on his own.

thejuice

yeah, well..............................................

..................I think he could have played 25 minutes and won the game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016