Antrim v Derry

Started by ONeill, April 07, 2011, 10:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: isourboydownyet on April 09, 2011, 11:20:05 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 09, 2011, 11:17:29 PM
mama v wigsy, when was this this ? i didnt think digital cameras were invented then, is it a scanned photo ?

think thats a u/21 match :D

definately no digital cameras then !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: drici on April 09, 2011, 11:09:51 PM

Over 40's and they have stopped it this year!!! you can play in your 39th year!! I'm 39 and they don't do it any more :(

That was my only chance of being an Antrim dual star  :((albeit i hurled as a juvenile fro Antrim)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Gonna head to watch this match and put my full support behind the Saffrons. 

screenexile

Good to see the McCooeys put back in their box good and proper. They were getting a bit carried away with themselves that time they got to an Ulster Final . . . . I think this year is going to be different. Derry will DEFINITELY follow up a decent league campaign with a huge championship!!!

NOT!

ck

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2011, 10:40:03 PM
RE: Owens

It's exactly what I thought too. In saying that, he's a decent wee footballer and is as worthy of a place on the panel as a number of others. Probably will be a mainstay for them this year. He is kept out of a full strength St.Gall's team by:
Brady (would be on the county team but injured)
McClean (would be on the county team but injured)
Gribbies (Don't know why he doesn't play county, although I suspect it is his own choice)
Kelly (Won't play for the county)
Healy (Playing)
Who am I missing?

We are seriously depleted in the backs.

If Kevin Brady isn't good enough for the panel above, he must have had his right leg cut off and I haven't heard.

I'm not saying you are wrong about Kevin Brady but I listened to RTE earlier and I thought of your defence as I heard the commentator say "Kevin Brady had the keeper beaten but somhow got blocked down, when it looked easier to kick it into the net"
My only point is that I remember Kevin Brady playing in college football in 1994 and was playing county then too. I can't believe he is still playing county football. He must be touching 40?

Overthebar!

not long back from the game. left casement annoyed. was an awful match to be honest, was effectively over as a contest when your man was sent off in the first half. derry were good but hard to gauge really as antrim weren't up to much. quick ratings:

conlon: solid-good under high ball and decent kickouts
mcbride: decent enough. wasn't tested too much
mccloy: not a great day at the office again. few ones in the crowd asking for him to be subbed as he wasn't getting near cunningham. to be honest think a horses for courses approach needed. no point putting him on a nippy forward
bateson: good breaking out, took a nice score
okane: couple of nice scores not really test
barry: again not tested, good distribution
donaghy: didnt look totally comfortable in role.
friel n mccloskey won their battles
lynch: good shift-very direct
oboyle: wasn't overly impressed
kielt: dead on
Sl mcg: set up alot. serious shift done from corner back, takes his man outa the game-will face tougher tests from better forwards
bradley: few good scores. won alota possession
gilligan: plenty of scores, should never have seen red

also paidi hughes is a clown of a referee. why send those two off at the end? not only did it not warrant a red card the game was over.the man likes to make the game about him- is he actually the best referee armagh have to offer?

ps hardstation, what were those antrim players at today?  :D

Pat Mustard

A few points. Paddy Cunningham isn't a 'nippy forward', though he makes up for it in other ways. Kevin Brady is nowhere near 40 and I strongly doubt he was playing county in 1994. He's still one of our better forwards.

Most important point, Baker has taken this team as far as he can. And that's putting it nicely.

Estimator

Quote from: Pat Mustard on April 10, 2011, 06:06:13 PM
A few points. Paddy Cunningham isn't a 'nippy forward', though he makes up for it in other ways. Kevin Brady is nowhere near 40 and I strongly doubt he was playing county in 1994. He's still one of our better forwards.

Most important point, Baker has taken this team as far as he can. And that's putting it nicely.
Brady is only 32, he would have been doing well to be on the Antrim minor team in '94, never mind senior.
Ulster League Champions 2009

tbrick18

Quote from: Estimator on April 10, 2011, 06:32:34 PM
Quote from: Pat Mustard on April 10, 2011, 06:06:13 PM

Brady is only 32, he would have been doing well to be on the Antrim minor team in '94, never mind senior.
aye he's 32/33....was the year below me in school.

RandyDupree

How did the antrim full back line do?

ck

Quote from: hardstation on April 10, 2011, 08:11:31 PM
What shite are you talking, ck?

We never looked like winning but didn't do too bad considering how weak a team we'd out.

Padraig Hughes is a fcukin w**ker.

Steady on, I only quoted the lad on the radio.
Surely those St.Galls forwards are better than Brady, no?

Totally agree. Padraig Hughes is poor. Always makes a flowing game about him. Never happy to let her tick along, always has to have his say. Little hitlar

ck

Quote from: hardstation on April 10, 2011, 10:49:10 PM
You weren't quoting the radio when you claimed he was 40.
Which St. Galls lads are you on about anyway?

I claimed he was 40?.  ::) Slight embellishment. I said he must be touching 40. Meaning mid to late 30's. He played for UUJ in 1994/95 college season cos I played against him.

Where is the likes of Kieran McGourty, Karl Stewart, Mark Pollock?? Saw them v Cross last year. Looked pretty good.

ck

Quote from: hardstation on April 10, 2011, 11:02:29 PM
Mickey Pollock isn't as good as Brady. The other two hurl.

Shame, I think that Stewart is a class act. He would be a good addition for Antrim.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2011, 12:01:46 PM
Quote from: drici on April 09, 2011, 11:09:51 PM

Over 40's and they have stopped it this year!!! you can play in your 39th year!! I'm 39 and they don't do it any more :(

That was my only chance of being an Antrim dual star  :((albeit i hurled as a juvenile fro Antrim)

pity. isourboydownyet has just turned 39 and i have just turned 40 so we cold have got a crack at you ! although before TFAL gets his oar in, i could have qualified for either county !

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

screenexile

Quote from: ck on April 10, 2011, 10:59:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 10, 2011, 10:49:10 PM
You weren't quoting the radio when you claimed he was 40.
Which St. Galls lads are you on about anyway?

I claimed he was 40?.  ::) Slight embellishment. I said he must be touching 40. Meaning mid to late 30's. He played for UUJ in 1994/95 college season cos I played against him.

Where is the likes of Kieran McGourty, Karl Stewart, Mark Pollock?? Saw them v Cross last year. Looked pretty good.

You would have been doing well seeing as he played for St. Pat's in the MacRory final in 1996!!