Laois v Donegal 10 april portlaoisC

Started by goal 10, April 06, 2011, 12:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goal 10

Could someone tell me if laois [and that a big IF] win on sunday
are we guaranteed promotion.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Boy Wonder

Yes if Laois & Donegal only teams on 10 points.
Not necessarily if more than 2 teams on 10 points
- 2 teams on 10 pts then head to head decides.
- 2+ teams on 10 pts then scoring difference decides.

If Laois managed to beat Donegal by 5+ points then they would be guaranteed promotion on better scoring difference.

Bogball XV

Quote from: goal 10 on April 06, 2011, 12:58:49 AM
thank's  ROSS4LIFE & THE BOY WONDER 

win buy 5 points are you joking  [ill eat my hat if they do.]
sure you beat derry in celtic park by 14 pulling up.

saffron sam2

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on April 06, 2011, 12:40:36 AM
Yes if Laois & Donegal only teams on 10 points.
Not necessarily if more than 2 teams on 10 points
- 2 teams on 10 pts then head to head decides.
- 2+ teams on 10 pts then scoring difference decides.

If Laois managed to beat Donegal by 5+ points then they would be guaranteed promotion on better scoring difference.

That would only guarantee that they finish above Donegal.

If Tyrone and Derry get big wins they could mathematically both finish above the Queen's county.

Donegal don't lose and they're up. Others are all relying on other results to go their way.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Fuzzman

Donegal score difference is 9 points better than Laois at the moment so to surpass them they'd need to win by 9 or more. Unlikely

Tyrone are only 4 points behind Laois and are away to Meath who they have never beaten in Navan. Should Tyrone win by 5 points and Laois win by a point then both would be tied on 10 points and +20 score difference so would it come down to the head to head then between the 2 teams.

I can't see Tyrone beating Meath by a big score line or Laois beating Donegal so I think it will be Donegal & Derry going up with Laois having a good chance should they win.

RMDrive

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 06, 2011, 03:34:32 PM
Donegal score difference is 9 points better than Laois at the moment so to surpass them they'd need to win by 9 or more. Unlikely
Tyrone are only 4 points behind Laois and are away to Meath who they have never beaten in Navan. Should Tyrone win by 5 points and Laois win by a point then both would be tied on 10 points and +20 score difference so would it come down to the head to head then between the 2 teams.

I can't see Tyrone beating Meath by a big score line or Laois beating Donegal so I think it will be Donegal & Derry going up with Laois having a good chance should they win.

Isn't it half that? What ever Laois win by, Donegal will lose by so the score difference will move by double the winning margin?

the old vet

I don't agree that Mark Timmons is a natural fullback he neither has the height or
the strength for that position,I would keep Kevin Meaney at no.3 for sunday game
& for the coming c/chip,We also need to fine a target man at no. 14 to win more ball
in our full forward line.I hope Laois remember the hiding they got from Donegal last
year.so lets put that right this sunday coming.

maximus

Donegal are evens for this game worth a punt?

laoislad

TG4 will be showing deferred coverage of this game tomorrow
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ck

Quote from: maximus on April 09, 2011, 04:40:43 PM

Yeah I think that's a solid punt. What odds are Laois?

laoislad

Quote from: ck on April 09, 2011, 10:17:22 PM
Quote from: maximus on April 09, 2011, 04:40:43 PM

Yeah I think that's a solid punt. What odds are Laois?

paddypower has both sides @ evens

RMDrive

PP has the Div 2 games starting at 1.30. Thought all games were at 2.30?

Dont Matter

So a few alterations to the title of this thread is all that is needed and on we go again.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

laoislad