Peter's going to Mass !!

Started by comethekingdom, April 05, 2011, 10:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

See on BBC news that Peter Robinson will be going to the funeral mass of that poor PSNI officer Ronan Kerr. This is surely groundbreaking from a DUP member?

lawnseed

peters been making alot of ground lately, this and integrated eduacation.. good to see hes grown a pair.. guess hes just catching up with his community.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

comethekingdom

Would big Ian give him his blessing for going I wonder?

Orangemac

It is worrying that I have found myself agreeing with Peter Robinson a few times recently. Is it any coincidence that he seems to have changed his tone since losing his MP seat and getting his eye wiped by a 19 year old?

ziggysego

Quote from: comethekingdom on April 05, 2011, 10:45:42 PM
Would big Ian give him his blessing for going I wonder?

Hasn't big Ian attended a Catholic funeral before.

As for lawnseed, I'm becoming more and more impressed with Peter Robinson in recent times. He seems to have found his comfort zone now as FM and as Leader of the DUP and isn't afraid of the TUV anymore.
Testing Accessibility

gallsman

He's doing the decent thing. He was universally praised for his comments over Michaela Harte's death. This shouldn't be a political issue.

comethekingdom

Quote from: gallsman on April 05, 2011, 10:54:59 PM
He's doing the decent thing. He was universally praised for his comments over Michaela Harte's death. This shouldn't be a political issue.
It's great that they are including themselves in ordinary day to day run of the mill activities and are parking their bigotry.

Puckoon

+1

Doogie Browser

It is the press making this an issue, his interview tonight showed him saying he did not want him to be the story. Proper political leadership for once.

Milltown Row2

Well he make get fit for it! all that standing up, sitting down, kneeling, blessing himself, and eating!!! he'll be outta breath
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Will he take his communion host in the hand or straight on the tongue?

gallsman

Quote from: comethekingdom on April 05, 2011, 10:59:18 PM
It's great that they are including themselves in ordinary day to day run of the mill activities and are parking their bigotry.

That would be adding a political element to it. No criticism, no praise. He's just a guy like everyone else wanting to pay their respects to an unfortunate victim of a heinous crime.

Minder

My gut instinct was that it is a further step in him trying to rehabilitate his public image and probably a little bit of electioneering thrown in too, I would be quite cynical though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2011, 08:55:24 AM
My gut instinct was that it is a further step in him trying to rehabilitate his public image and probably a little bit of electioneering thrown in too, I would be quite cynical though.

+1

Mario

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2011, 08:55:24 AM

Even if his image was never tarnished he would still be going to this funeral.