Monaghan v Mayo - Inniskeen, 10th April 2011

Started by AbbeySider, April 04, 2011, 10:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Main Street on April 12, 2011, 04:26:49 PM
On first reading I thought you wrote, "we have potential altitude problems up ahead".

If I had, I guess it would have been a Freudian slip.
After all, we are often accused of having our heads in the clouds. You could say we get slagged too for having our noses in the air and looking down on everybody else.
I could add in that I often feel we have our backs to the wall and our hearts in our mouths.
I'm not being paranoid or anything like that but I do feel the world is out to persecute us! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 13, 2011, 09:32:26 AM
Quote from: Main Street on April 12, 2011, 04:26:49 PM
On first reading I thought you wrote, "we have potential altitude problems up ahead".

If I had, I guess it would have been a Freudian slip.
After all, we are often accused of having our heads in the clouds. You could say we get slagged too for having our noses in the air and looking down on everybody else.
I could add in that I often feel we have our backs to the wall and our hearts in our mouths.
I'm not being paranoid or anything like that but I do feel the world is out to persecute us! ;D

Just because we re paranoid doesn't mean the bastards are not out to get us ;D

rosnarun

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 13, 2011, 09:08:02 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 13, 2011, 01:40:30 AM

Horan has got a fools pass from the league due to his willingness to experiment and if Doherty Campbell and the 2 feeneys  fullfill the potential they have shown in the league. it will have been worth it . but by any other measure mayo had a very Poor league.
still no full back
a completely porous CHB, Monaghan were waltzing through at will sunday ,
far from burke nailing number 7 i doubt after sunday he will make the panel.. 
no  closer to deciding who our best midfield pairing are .
no freetaker to replace conor . it was laughable in some game to see up to 5 different free takers
A failure to utilize Ronaldson our most skilful player . who shamefully look like he may not make the panel either.
worst of all losing winnable games like V Armagh and Monaghan thought as stated elsewhere mayo sabotaged their chances with a triple substitution maybe shows experimentation was more important than winning

Horan has one more chance to experiment before things get serious but he has a lot of convincing to do.

Says the man who named Trevor Mortimor on his first round of the championship team, and Trevour Howley at CB on his team Vs Monaghan :D

Such yahoo stuff ::)
are you willing to bet the 2 trevor's won't be on the championship team? I hope Horan is not aas foolish as our keyboard warriors to discard such experience for the latest shiny bauble  .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on April 13, 2011, 09:25:05 AM

Horan has got a fools pass from the league due to his willingness to experiment and if Doherty Campbell and the 2 feeneys  fullfill the potential they have shown in the league. it will have been worth it . but by any other measure mayo had a very Poor league.
still no full back
no freetaker to replace conor . it was laughable in some game to see up to 5 different free takers
A failure to utilize Ronaldson our most skilful player . who shamefully look like he may not make the panel either.
worst of all losing winnable games like V Armagh and Monaghan thought as stated elsewhere mayo sabotaged their chances with a triple substitution maybe shows experimentation was more important than winning

Horan has one more chance to experiment before things get serious but he has a lot of convincing to do.

Tell us Ros, would you ever think of throwing a shot of gin into that bitter lemon of yours every now and again? Might cheer you up a biteen.
is it just the tone of my contribution you don't like . or do you just generally disagree with the   thrust.
do you believe really Mayo had a good league? and are in a better position than 12 months ago ie Pre national league final?
Im not at all pessimistic as Horan is still learning . Todays panel will show how far he is down that road
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: rosnarun on April 13, 2011, 12:56:16 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on April 13, 2011, 09:25:05 AM

still no full back

Tell us Ros, would you ever think of throwing a shot of gin into that bitter lemon of yours every now and again? Might cheer you up a biteen.
is it just the tone of my contribution you don't like . or do you just generally disagree with the   thrust.
do you believe really Mayo had a good league? and are in a better position than 12 months ago ie Pre national league final?
Im not at all pessimistic as Horan is still learning . Todays panel will show how far he is down that road

I do really believe that Mayo had a good League, and are in a better position than they were on April 13th, 2010. I'm utterly convinced of that.

You suspect a policy of experimentation being more important than winning, and cite a win against Armagh being sacrificed for the sake of experimentation. Well, thats' *precisely* what I wanted to see. When you look back on last year Ros, how much does an unbeaten League run ease the pain of defeats to Sligo and Longford in the Championship? It doesn't ease mine one bit.

When you're in Division 1, a good League means not getting relegated and not losing anyone to injury. Mayo had a great league by that measure. Everything else is shadow-boxing and anyone who thinks differently should write down the last five All-Ireland winners and then the last five League winners. If you get all five League winners correct by year, award yourself a biscuit. Because I'll bet you can't. Because you don't care and haven't cared for ten years who won the League and neither do I and neither does anyone else. League wins aren't worth diddly except in terms of what you learn about players.

Of course there are issues with the team, and the free-taker one is particularly glaring. But there'll still be issues with the team when the captain is descending from Ardán Uí hÓgáin with Sam under his oxter.

AbbeySider

Quote from: rosnarun on April 13, 2011, 12:50:17 PM
are you willing to bet the 2 trevor's won't be on the championship team?
Yes, any money.

Quote from: rosnarun on April 13, 2011, 12:56:16 PM
Im not at all pessimistic as Horan is still learning
With some of your statements I think your the one thats perpetually learning.
Im surprised you have not mentioned McDonald for a place on the county team since he is back with Corssmolina