An Mhí vs Tír Eoghain, Navan, 10th April, 2011

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 03, 2011, 11:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I hope you Tyronies are taking note of our restraint in refraining from reminding you of your team's continued inability to get the better of Meath in living memory. We are taking our inspiration from your own example in your dealings with the Kerry lads and you can be assured we won't even mention it.

Radda bout yeee

Cavanaghs seem to be getting a hard time and FW is very quiet! Not surprising! lol
Just picking up on Mark Donnelly - wasn't at the last two games but by radio accounts, newspaper accounts and this board he appears to be playing as good as any of the 6 forwards. If all things remain equal do you think he will get a start in first round of the championship?

Final Whistle

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 11, 2011, 12:14:19 PM
Cavanaghs seem to be getting a hard time and FW is very quiet! Not surprising! lol
Just picking up on Mark Donnelly - wasn't at the last two games but by radio accounts, newspaper accounts and this board he appears to be playing as good as any of the 6 forwards. If all things remain equal do you think he will get a start in first round of the championship?

Good to see the other forwards stepping up to the plate somewhat. After gauranteeing Tyrone's safety with some swash buckling displays earlier in the year Sean took a back seat yesterday. All in all, i think Tyrone are not in bad shape for a rattle at Ulster with the bigger prize more possible than probable. However, a good run and who knows what might happen. Beautiful day yesterday, perfect for football.

Oh and yes I believe Mark Donnelly will start come championship time, he is proving to be quite the addition to the forward line.

Mr. Nakata

Donnelly has been playing well, showing for the ball and scoring good points, however he seems to panic when the goal is on. He had 2 great goal chances against Kildare and his one on one yesterday that led to Penrose's goal was a bad miss. Tyrone need to find the onion more often. Yesterday I can recall at least 4 good goal chances squandered. There were 2 times in the first half men fisted over when a pass across was available for the palm in to the net. McCaul was unlucky when he fired one wide and before McGuigan got pulled up for over carrying the keeped saved well.

Big Joe got it tough in the first half but was supreme in the second. Gormley, Ricey and Swift were solid as well. Davy had a tough afternoon but had to contend with the best Meath player on show. Hub has played well in the few games I'd seen before yesterday. He was brutal. Not only did Meath catch everything, they won all the break as well. Watching us getting cleaned out in the middle is nothing new, but in years gone by we had the players to win without a midield. Not any more.

The pitch in Navan was in unbelievable nick, perfect. No cap yesterday means the noggin is a little pink today, but that fayre certainly whets the appetite for the summer.

Final Whistle

Its terrible in this day and age that you can not take your woman to a game without being subjected to advances from the west Tyrone brigade!  ;) ;) ;)

Fuzzman

I think on what I saw of Donnelly yesterday he has to be in with a shout of starting come May & June.
I can see Mugsy losing out if SoN can get back fit and firing on all cylinders again.

Where do people think Colm's best position is now?

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 11, 2011, 02:13:33 PM
I think on what I saw of Donnelly yesterday he has to be in with a shout of starting come May & June.
I can see Mugsy losing out if SoN can get back fit and firing on all cylinders again.

Where do people think Colm's best position is now?

The bench  ???

Jinxy

Is there a better scoring wing-forward than Graham Reilly in the game?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 10, 2011, 06:56:00 PM
I know people always complain about refs but this was bad. Think the ref blew up one hand pass in the entire game and it was one that Tyrone got a goal which was disallowed from. After that there was at least 2 extremely dodgy handpasses from Meath which lead to points which weren't blew up.

On another occasion a Tyrone player was clearly being fouled, the ref played the "advantage" when he was in trouble and then the Tyrone player broke free and played the ball to someone clean threw and the ref brought it back. Also Tyrone got a free and Hub tried to punch the ball out of the guys hands - ref hopped the ball, fair enough. Few mins later Ricey holds the ball and is threw to the ground, ref moves ball forward from non scoring to scoring position.

Few mins left Penrose is clearly fouled 20 yards out, ref could not have missed it. No free. Tyrone keep ball, work it across and score - ref blows it up for 2 long.

Good to see the Leinster lads sticking together.

Serves ye right for giving Martin Sludden to the world  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

ONeill

Quote from: Jinxy on April 11, 2011, 05:33:55 PM
Exactly.
Karma.

That doesn't make sense. If anything, you hoors should've been bending over backwards.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Karma for you, not for us.
We're too manly for karma.

Redhand Santa

Some of the anti Cavanagh stuff on here from so called Tyrone men is a joke. If they have a bad game the usual suspects are straight on about them. If they have a good game they stay away. Sean has been one of Tyrone's best players this year before yesterday and has had a great league. Colm was one of the main reasons behind the win in Laois. I would agree they werent great yesterday, would not be suprised if Sean was carrying an injury as he didnt put in his usual work.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Final Whistle on April 11, 2011, 02:01:09 PM
Its terrible in this day and age that you can not take your woman to a game without being subjected to advances from the west Tyrone brigade!  ;) ;) ;)

WTF! Why didn't you speak up!?  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 11, 2011, 07:21:44 PM
Some of the anti Cavanagh stuff on here from so called Tyrone men is a joke. If they have a bad game the usual suspects are straight on about them. If they have a good game they stay away. Sean has been one of Tyrone's best players this year before yesterday and has had a great league. Colm was one of the main reasons behind the win in Laois. I would agree they werent great yesterday, would not be suprised if Sean was carrying an injury as he didnt put in his usual work.
You'd almost think they do it to wind you moymen up.