An Mhí vs Tír Eoghain, Navan, 10th April, 2011

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 03, 2011, 11:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

This Tyrone crowd are like vultures circling a carcass.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bustsummoves

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 07, 2011, 11:18:12 AM
Would Dermot Carlin not be a better option than Harte?  Why has he not nailed down a starting spot on the team considering any time he plays he offers alot going forward and also is strong defensively.  What are peoples views on Sean O'Neill?  Is he good enough to nail down a place on the side, or has his cameo appearances gave the impression that he is better than what he really is?  Has Cathal McCarron not impressed enough?
Mccarron in for McCaul and Dermey Carlin in for Harte. Think McCarron and Carlin are better options, although Mc Caul and Davy would be good options  to have on the bench!!

Fuzzman

Jeepers lads if ye think that Mickey is gonna drop Denephew at this stage you've a lot to learn. It ain't gonna happen and I've gotta say I tend to right him off at some stage every season and in fairness he comes back to shut us up.

I think the only places up for grabs is No 2, 4 & 7 & maybe the other MF slot with Enda looking to push into the team as well and where do we play Joey & Justin when fit?

Forward line looks a lot more healthy & settled
Colm
McGuigan
Sean
Penrose
SoN
Mugsy

Alternatives
Enda
Tommy McGuigan
Mark Donnelly
Peter Harte
McKenna
Coney
McNabb

ONeill

1. Pascal McConnell – An Baile Nua
2 Martin Swift – Coill an Chlochair
3 Joe McMahon – An Omaigh
4 Damian McCaul – Domhnach Mór
5 Davy Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
6 Conor Gormley – An Charraig Mhór
7 Ryan McMenamin – An Droim Mhór
8 Kevin Hughes – Cill Íseal   
9 Aidan Cassidy – Eochar
10 Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
11 Brian McGuigan -Ard Bo
12 Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
13 Martin Penrose – Achadh Uí Aráin
14 Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
15 Owen Mulligan – An Chorra Chriochach

16 John Devine – Aireagal Chiaráin
17 Brian Dooher – Clann na nGael
18 Philip Jordan – An Mhaigh
19 Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
20 Tommy McGuigan – Ard Bó
21 Stephen McNally – Oileán a'Ghuail
22 Sean O'Neill – An Droim Mhór
23 Stephen O'Neill – Clann na nGael
24 P J Quinn – Baile na Móna
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

supersarsfields

It's starting to look like a very settled team now with a strong bench. Glad to see Jordan named there. Hopefully it's a sure sign that he's staying on the panel.

ONeill

Mark Donnelly at FF will be the big news. He must've impressed Mickey although apart from a crocked O'Neill, there's little on the bench to fill that slot. I suppose you could have moved Sean to 14 and Tommy into the starting team but Sean has been putting up decent scores in the HF line.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on April 07, 2011, 09:29:53 PM
Mark Donnelly at FF will be the big news.

He scored a couple of cracking points in the second half against Kildare - healthy competition for places.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on April 07, 2011, 09:29:53 PM
Mark Donnelly at FF will be the big news. He must've impressed Mickey although apart from a crocked O'Neill, there's little on the bench to fill that slot. I suppose you could have moved Sean to 14 and Tommy into the starting team but Sean has been putting up decent scores in the HF line.

Tommy Mcguigan has not played a game since the Ulster final last year so its a bit unrealistic to think he would come straight into the team but its great to see him on the bench.

Jinxy

I'd put up the Meath team but we have to wait and see who shows up on the day.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on April 07, 2011, 11:29:48 PM
I'd put up the Meath team but we have to wait and see who shows up on the day.

Well, if Banty does ye're fecked!

Come in Agent Ulster (in Leinster), your job is done, mission accomplished!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

We've all gone very quiet today. Must be the sunshine or is it not nice up North?

What's the story with McGnley? Is he out injured?

I'll have to bring the headphones for the phone radio on Sunday to keep in touch with Laois v Donegal.
So if we don't win by 4 or more then we've no chance isn't that right?
Then We need Laois to win by a point or Derry Not to win,

Is the Div 2 final on same day in Croker as Div 1 final?
Is Derry & Donegal on the same side of the draw for Ulster this year?

rrhf

I heard theres a big Party in Navan on Sunday night.  Accordingly Meath County Board are throwing a ball to mark their recent Leinster championship win.
I have a slight feeling that there could be a right royal welcome for Tyrone and not as warm as that reserved for Lily Windsor. If Banty can get the blend right  on  Sunday he could go from villain to hero in 70 minutes.  I could see him being carried shoulder high off the pitch if hes fit to inspire the Monarch county to bate Tyrone.  To put in it Bantys own words, I fully expect Meath to empty the tank. 

Fuzzman

I know they're big strapping lads in Meath but carrying Banty anywhere is a big ask.

omagh_gael

Fuzz, Enda damaged the ankle in a game about 6 weeks ago though should be back soon. Could well be back in training already.

thewanderer

theres no chance of meath beating the mighty tyrone as indicated here on the board. meath are are on the way down and banty on the way out.