Corcaigh v Ard Mhacha

Started by Real1995, April 03, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 08, 2011, 06:32:37 PM
Quote from: mackers on April 08, 2011, 03:24:44 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 08, 2011, 02:46:24 PM
I think Armagh's gonna get a real beating here on Sunday lads...hope i'm wrong. Thats a v strong Cork team named
Very strong.......after a couple of bad performances I'd say they'll be out to prove a point. Bad news for us. No word of the Armagh team yet. The IN article during the week didn't read too well either with POR admitting that they had been errors in concentrating on the forward play after the Kerry game and neglecting the defensive set up. He basically admitted that he should have played more Cross players against Galway also...........really confirms what we already knew.

I'd imagine Paul McKeown will get a run out on Sunday but his lack of height will be a problem against a very big Cork attack. Hopefully we'll get a chance to look at David McKenna also. My team, for what it is worth........

Hearty

A Mallon                 Donaghy           P McKeown
K Dyas                   McKeever          AK

Toner               Vernon

Mackin                  Nippy                D McKenna
J Clarke                 S McDonnell       G McParland

O'Rourke's not naming it until Saturday apparently. Just putting the finishing touches to his tactical masterplan no doubt.
yeah.. i'd say hes spent all of 10 mins pulling the names out of a hat.. sweet jez ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

armaghniac

McKeever injured, V. Martin at centre half back. P. Duffy named in half forwards. Padden on.
I don't have a good feeling about this.

Come on the Dubs!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

One point in it at HT, Cork 0-07 0-06 Armagh, not quite as bad as I thought, Cork haven't quite overrun us, but the relative ease of their last two scores were somewhat ominous.
Jamie Clark always looks dangerous.

Bit of an uphill battle for Armagh. Hopefully Dublin stay ahead or Monaghan win by a point.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on April 10, 2011, 03:41:44 PM
Stevie McDonnell is nothing more than a cheat - he was fouling Cadogan and got a slap in the mouth for his troubles. I would be surprised if PoR didnt deliberately coach the Armagh players to do this...

I think they spend 20 minutes at each training practicing it.

lawnseed

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on April 10, 2011, 03:41:44 PM
Stevie McDonnell is nothing more than a cheat - he was fouling Cadogan and got a slap in the mouth for his troubles. I would be surprised if PoR didnt deliberately coach the Armagh players to do this...
yeah.. por could teach stevie anything about football ::) the rule is :- striking or intent as you said he got a 'slap' for his troubles

mountainboii

Good effort for 60 minutes, but always had the feeling Cork had a few extra gears if needed. O'Connor really killed us second half. Clarke and McDonnell would give you hope against any side. Looks like a draw in Galway will keep us up, probably undeservedly.

David McKeown

Lucky to survive. Armagh played well for 55 minutes and were diabolical in the last 20 or so. To me they still look like a group of good players with no game plan or tactical nous. Can't argue with either sending off.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

zoyler

Just saw replay of sending off incident on TnaG.  Stevie was fouling but he was elbowed in the face intentionally - no doubt about it.  Armagh stay up due to head to head win over Monaghan - probable more then we deserve but we'll live with it.

anportmorforjfc

Tonor was very bad in the 2nd half. Everything went through O'Connor.

under the bar

Stevie pulls a 'francie' - foul your opponent incessantly
then hit the deck at merest hint of retaliation.

mountainboii

Quote from: zoyler on April 10, 2011, 04:19:10 PM
Just saw replay of sending off incident on TnaG.  Stevie was fouling but he was elbowed in the face intentionally - no doubt about it.

Absolutely, Cadogen had two or three goes at making sure he made a decent connection. Won't see too many clearer sending offs all year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

That's the very definition of survival by the skin of your teeth. Very little positive to take from this League campaign bar glimpses of Jamie Clarke and improved performances from Dyas and Vernon. The defects are plain to see.

Was listening to Paddy O'Rourke after the match on Radio Ulster - he said that "We are happy to be in Division 1 next year." A little presumtious with the "we" perhaps.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mountainboii

Quote from: under the bar on April 10, 2011, 04:22:21 PM

This isn't the Liverpool thread, you'll have to try harder than that.

lawnseed

the amount and the quality of the ball going into the forwards was very poor true for about 50 mins we competed ok but once andy mallon started roaming the wheels were off granted he took a nice score but he pulled up when chasing back and it cost us a point he should save his energy for defending. billy joe was ivolved in all things good but ran out of steam, my mom was arron kernan :o i'm the first to admit i have been very critical of him but today he was outstanding. charlie.. charlie.. ah jez not great. all in all it could have been worse cant see any improvement in style. jamie is wasted not enough ball going in and its all route 1 this team could do quite well if they adapted a more 2000 style ie blanket + breaking up the wings + diagonal long pass to forwards, also hearty needs to work on his kickouts ala benny because paul mc grane is retired. will give down a good game in champs might even win but wont be involved in tha latter stages

gander

Quote from: under the bar on April 10, 2011, 04:22:21 PM

from what I seen he was on the deck for about a half a second before he went after him