Corcaigh v Ard Mhacha

Started by Real1995, April 03, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

regal

Quote from: Scarface on April 11, 2011, 10:13:05 AM
Regal - I dont know how Vernon continues to disappoint - he has had a very good season so far. For you to pick an Armagh team without him in it suggests you know next to nothing about football I am afraid...

Where would you play him? If he has had a very good season so far why has he still not nailed down a position (he has been moved to the half forwards at various times during the league).

BerfArmagh

Quote from: regal on April 11, 2011, 01:15:20 AM
Vernon continues to disappoint and perhaps he would make an option at full back. Not consistant enough for mf and not enough football in him for a forward.

Jesus you are talking out of your compete hole, bar Mc Donnell, Charlie has been our best and most consistent player this season. He has been absolutely outstanding in mid field. Granted he may take too much out of the bar, but I would suggest this is because there is no HF line, so he need to run with the ball to get it in to the FF's

I thought Armagh competed well with a Cork team (Who lets not forget are current AI champions) A Kernan had one of his best games for Armagh. Jamie clarke looked really lively in the first half, i though he tired in the second. Armagh competed and were well in it for 60 minutes of that game yesterday, I though COrk killed us by running through our middle, which hay not have happened had mc keever been available

Scarface

Thats a stupid question - I would play Charlie in the middle - on your predicted team you have James Lavery and Mal Mackin in the middle - no disrepsect to either but Charlie is better than both...also you have found a place for A Duffy in the half forward line - again Charlie would be a better bet even there.

Scarface

P.S I thought Kerrigan for Cork came on very strong in the latter stages of the game yesterday - his speed and direct running through the middle of our team caused us bother

naka

Yesterday was decent until about ten mins to go from an Armagh perspective but the worry is still lack of scores from half forward line, Clarke 4,stevie4 and Ak 1.2, meant that we scored only two points outwith them.
Still can't fathom POR 's substitutions and felt we should have at least seen hanratty earlier in the game
For what its worth I have no idea of the team which will play against down as there is no settled half forward line , I would though play mal, swift and Tk.
I also half no idea who will be the other forward in the corner (as am assuming RC won't be fit to start), but would play Mallon rather than MOR.
Finally we are struggling to find a corner back as I believe Finian may  be a liability come championship, with down not having the biggest of forwards mc keown might have a chance

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: naka on April 11, 2011, 11:29:59 AM
Yesterday was decent until about ten mins to go from an Armagh perspective but the worry is still lack of scores from half forward line, Clarke 4,stevie4 and Ak 1.2, meant that we scored only two points outwith them.
Still can't fathom POR 's substitutions and felt we should have at least seen hanratty earlier in the game
For what its worth I have no idea of the team which will play against down as there is no settled half forward line , I would though play mal, swift and Tk.
I also half no idea who will be the other forward in the corner (as am assuming RC won't be fit to start), but would play Mallon rather than MOR.
Finally we are struggling to find a corner back as I believe Finian may  be a liability come championship, with down not having the biggest of forwards mc keown might have a chance

Naka working on your (correct) presumption that Ronan won't be playing I reckon you will find that the forward line against Down will be

Mal Mackin  BJP  Swift

TK  Stevie  Jamie. 

mal will drop out round the middle and TK will fill that hole he has left, not as an out and out HF.  I would agree that PMcK would be suitable for the Down game but I can't see it.  I reckon that you might see Vincie Martin in the corner.

Goats Do Shave

I'm surprised people would prefer Tony Kernan over Brian Mallon.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 11, 2011, 01:44:54 PM

for a start he is hurt and secondly he has never really delivered in my view.

Throw ball

I am surprised people would prefer Brian Mallon over Tony Kernan.

nrico2006

Quote from: Throw ball on April 11, 2011, 01:52:53 PM

I am surprised people would prefer Brian Mallon over Tony Kernan.

Tony Kernan all day long.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

naka

brokencrossbar1,
i had previously been told by guys close to the pabel that they though R Clarke would be fit for the down game but that is now looking unlikely,
I note your comment on him, how close is he to playing?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: naka on April 11, 2011, 02:07:45 PM
brokencrossbar1,
i had previously been told by guys close to the pabel that they though R Clarke would be fit for the down game but that is now looking unlikely,
I note your comment on him, how close is he to playing?

I have heard a few different stories but the one constant is that he will not be fit to start no matter what.  I personally don't see the value in even consdiering him as he hasn't played competitive football in so long and can in no way be fit to contribute in any meaningful fashion without at least a half dozen games under his belt, and they should be club games.

Applesisapples

Unfortunately it would appear that Ronan Clarke's injury will end his county if not football career. I base this just on the way the story has been developing. Although I hope I'm wrong we could be doing with him.

crossfire

Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 11, 2011, 10:58:18 AM
Quote from: regal on April 11, 2011, 01:15:20 AM
Vernon continues to disappoint and perhaps he would make an option at full back. Not consistant enough for mf and not enough football in him for a forward.

Jesus you are talking out of your compete hole, bar Mc Donnell, Charlie has been our best and most consistent player this season. He has been absolutely outstanding in mid field. Granted he may take too much out of the bar, but I would suggest this is because there is no HF line, so he need to run with the ball to get it in to the FF's

I thought Armagh competed well with a Cork team (Who lets not forget are current AI champions) A Kernan had one of his best games for Armagh. Jamie clarke looked really lively in the first half, i though he tired in the second. Armagh competed and were well in it for 60 minutes of that game yesterday, I though COrk killed us by running through our middle, which hay not have happened had mc keever been available

I dont think he tired .The service to him in the second half was terrible with outfield players hoofing high ball in and him being mostly double teamed.
Four points from play was a great contribution imo.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 11, 2011, 01:46:43 PM

for a start he is hurt and secondly he has never really delivered in my view.

I think he's suffered from working too hard! - Should be asked to stay in the full forward line.

I know who i'd rather mark!