Corcaigh v Ard Mhacha

Started by Real1995, April 03, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

Armagh are a top 8 team and could bt Dublin on their day. Going by dublins performance against down they are not at the same level as cork or Kerry, way way too negative and not the same forwards as the other 2.

Dublin are slightly better than down and down are slightly better than armagh imo. Each could bt each other on any given day though

INDIANA

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 10, 2011, 08:25:32 PM
Armagh are a top 8 team and could bt Dublin on their day. Going by dublins performance against down they are not at the same level as cork or Kerry, way way too negative and not the same forwards as the other 2.

Dublin are slightly better than down and down are slightly better than armagh imo. Each could bt each other on any given day though

Armagh havent a hope in hell of beating us in the near future.

Cork are in all probablity a better team then us still. Kerry- possibly as well.

brokencrossbar1

Have to agree with you Indiana, but shure we'll fulfil our games anyway.

mackers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 10, 2011, 07:59:58 PM
Quote from: Agent Orange on April 10, 2011, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 10, 2011, 07:25:37 PM
Armagh fans cant seem to grasp Div 2 is about their level at present.

Strange that they stayed  up then.  ;)

We may as well hand Sam to the Jackeens now.

Well in fairness I've never been far wrong on gauging Dublin here. When they were crap- I said they were. Now that we have a good side I think I'm entitled to state the obvious.
Armagh are in total transition in my view and the fans are unrealistic in their expectations based on the talent available. I expect them to be good in about 3 years
Before our qualifier with Dublin last summer you said that you were a poor team and confidence in the county was at all time low...........you may think your opinions count for a lot on the board but most of the rest of us don't think much of them. If you can't predict the fortunes of your own county you have no chance with Armagh.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

INDIANA

Quote from: mackers on April 10, 2011, 10:35:01 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 10, 2011, 07:59:58 PM
Quote from: Agent Orange on April 10, 2011, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 10, 2011, 07:25:37 PM
Armagh fans cant seem to grasp Div 2 is about their level at present.

Strange that they stayed  up then.  ;)

We may as well hand Sam to the Jackeens now.

Well in fairness I've never been far wrong on gauging Dublin here. When they were crap- I said they were. Now that we have a good side I think I'm entitled to state the obvious.
Armagh are in total transition in my view and the fans are unrealistic in their expectations based on the talent available. I expect them to be good in about 3 years
Before our qualifier with Dublin last summer you said that you were a poor team and confidence in the county was at all time low...........you may think your opinions count for a lot on the board but most of the rest of us don't think much of them. If you can't predict the fortunes of your own county you have no chance with Armagh.

Couldnt care less to be honest. the fact is I wont have to factor armagh into any all ireland bets for quite some time at the start of any season.

Throw ball

Today at least some fight was shown. However, the most noticeable thing in the league this year from an Armagh point of view is how much we have struggled for pace. If we are to beat Down this will have to improve significantly or Danny Hughes etc. will tear us apart.

regal

It was good to see aaron Kernan back in the half backs - a quality defender. Toner was also impressice at full back and used the ball well. I think if A Mallon and PMcKeown were both in the full back line it would leave Armagh with a lack of physique / height in there.

Possible team for Down:

Hearty
Mallon  Toner  Donaghy
Kernan  McKeever  Dyas
Lavery  Mackin
BMallon Padden  ADuffy
JClarke McDonnell  MORourke

Defense looks solid but loads of problems in m/f and attack. Mackin is clearly not good enough for midfield but with Toner at fb we are clearly lacking options. Vernon continues to disappoint and perhaps he would make an option at full back. Not consistant enough for mf and not enough football in him for a forward. Big question marks surround padden / duffy / o'rourke with other options being p duffy / grugan / swift. RClarke would make a massive difference - but will he be fit?

bennydorano

Vernon's 2 or 3 MOTM awards (& GL's team of the week) would suggest your talking dung.

PAULD123

Your Fixtures for next year (in no particular order) -

Dublin Away
Kerry Away
Donegal Away
Laois Away

Cork Home
Down Home
Mayo Home

My guess is that you can realistically expect to beat Laois away and Mayo at home. To secure your status next year it looks like it could come down to needing to beat us in Armagh. So next year's tussle could be even more exciting than this year's. I hope it is the last game or second last to really get the craic going

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: regal on April 11, 2011, 01:15:20 AM
It was good to see aaron Kernan back in the half backs - a quality defender. Toner was also impressice at full back and used the ball well. I think if A Mallon and PMcKeown were both in the full back line it would leave Armagh with a lack of physique / height in there.

Possible team for Down:

Hearty
Mallon  Toner  Donaghy
Kernan  McKeever  Dyas
Lavery  Mackin
BMallon Padden  ADuffy
JClarke McDonnell  MORourke

Defense looks solid but loads of problems in m/f and attack. Mackin is clearly not good enough for midfield but with Toner at fb we are clearly lacking options. Vernon continues to disappoint and perhaps he would make an option at full back. Not consistant enough for mf and not enough football in him for a forward. Big question marks surround padden / duffy / o'rourke with other options being p duffy / grugan / swift. RClarke would make a massive difference - but will he be fit?

While Toner did well at fb don't think he is option for the Down game as he is not the man to mark Coulter or Comiskey, he wouldn't have the mobility for that, I would stick him back into mf were we have had the advantage over Down in the last few games.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 11, 2011, 09:10:52 AM
Your Fixtures for next year (in no particular order) -

Dublin Away
Kerry Away
Donegal Away
Laois Away

Cork Home
Down Home
Mayo Home

My guess is that you can realistically expect to beat Laois away and Mayo at home. To secure your status next year it looks like it could come down to needing to beat us in Armagh. So next year's tussle could be even more exciting than this year's. I hope it is the last game or second last to really get the craic going

Crazy to be even speculating about League fixtures a year in advance. We hammered Donegal in Letterkenny in the League last year for example.

The one thing I will say is that all the fixtures are within a couple of hours drive bar Kerry which looks primed for a weekend away.  :)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Scarface

Regal - I dont know how Vernon continues to disappoint - he has had a very good season so far. For you to pick an Armagh team without him in it suggests you know next to nothing about football I am afraid...

mackers

Quote from: Throw ball on April 11, 2011, 12:49:41 AM
Today at least some fight was shown. However, the most noticeable thing in the league this year from an Armagh point of view is how much we have struggled for pace. If we are to beat Down this will have to improve significantly or Danny Hughes etc. will tear us apart.
I'd agree with that Throwball. There is definitely more inventiveness and movement in the forward line now JC is back. I thought Armagh were dead on their feet with 10/15 mins to go yesterday. I would find that very worrying. We started hitting high hopeful balls into Stevie and Jamie at the end which was borne out of sheer exhaustion.
We were unlucky to be beaten by six points though, with Hearty having the shot covered only for Martin to half block it and deflect it past him.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

Firstly a nice picture for some of the contributors to this thread who aren't from the partcipating counties.

A bit more heart in the performance yesterday, but some of the usual problems. As noted, Armagh seemed to be chasing their man, more pace is needed. And like mackers, I think we seemed to fizzle out in the last 10 minutes in the last two games. Cork are extremely athletic, they must get some great training. Hopefully our lot can be tuned up for the championship, but they never really looked pacey last year either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PAULD123

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 11, 2011, 09:47:20 AM
Crazy to be even speculating about League fixtures a year in advance. We hammered Donegal in Letterkenny in the League last year for example.

The one thing I will say is that all the fixtures are within a couple of hours drive bar Kerry which looks primed for a weekend away.  :)

Good point about the victory in Donegal, but they have improved. I'm just back from Killarney, you would indeed to well to have a weekend away for that one, great spot you'll really enjoy it.