Corcaigh v Ard Mhacha

Started by Real1995, April 03, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I can also see the scoring average being easily overturned.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mackers

Quote from: illdecide on April 08, 2011, 02:46:24 PM
I think Armagh's gonna get a real beating here on Sunday lads...hope i'm wrong. Thats a v strong Cork team named
Very strong.......after a couple of bad performances I'd say they'll be out to prove a point. Bad news for us. No word of the Armagh team yet. The IN article during the week didn't read too well either with POR admitting that they had been errors in concentrating on the forward play after the Kerry game and neglecting the defensive set up. He basically admitted that he should have played more Cross players against Galway also...........really confirms what we already knew.

I'd imagine Paul McKeown will get a run out on Sunday but his lack of height will be a problem against a very big Cork attack. Hopefully we'll get a chance to look at David McKenna also. My team, for what it is worth........

Hearty

A Mallon                 Donaghy           P McKeown
K Dyas                   McKeever          AK

Toner               Vernon

Mackin                  Nippy                D McKenna
J Clarke                 S McDonnell       G McParland

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: mackers on April 08, 2011, 03:24:44 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 08, 2011, 02:46:24 PM
I think Armagh's gonna get a real beating here on Sunday lads...hope i'm wrong. Thats a v strong Cork team named
Very strong.......after a couple of bad performances I'd say they'll be out to prove a point. Bad news for us. No word of the Armagh team yet. The IN article during the week didn't read too well either with POR admitting that they had been errors in concentrating on the forward play after the Kerry game and neglecting the defensive set up. He basically admitted that he should have played more Cross players against Galway also...........really confirms what we already knew.

I'd imagine Paul McKeown will get a run out on Sunday but his lack of height will be a problem against a very big Cork attack. Hopefully we'll get a chance to look at David McKenna also. My team, for what it is worth........

Hearty

A Mallon                 Donaghy           P McKeown
K Dyas                   McKeever          AK

Toner               Vernon

Mackin                  Nippy                D McKenna
J Clarke                 S McDonnell       G McParland

O'Rourke's not naming it until Saturday apparently. Just putting the finishing touches to his tactical masterplan no doubt.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

armaghniac

QuoteJust putting the finishing touches to his tactical masterplan no doubt.

Perhaps he's driving around Cross' looking for Stephen Kernan's house.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

I may as well say it out loud - Armagh should survive. By Sunday evening you'll be wondering what the fuss was all about.

ck

Quote from: Main Street on April 09, 2011, 10:06:37 PM
I may as well say it out loud - Armagh should survive. By Sunday evening you'll be wondering what the fuss was all about.

I predict that the "fuss" is only starting!

Oraisteach

So, boys, has P O'R named the team yet.

armaghniac

What's the story here, has PO'R a secret weapon that he doesn't want to reveal too soon?

Last week wasn't good, in particular how Galway were allowed a 5 point win which fecked up the score difference. It is hard to see us getting much tomorrow, but perhaps the team will show and bit of fight. When we were last in Cork we were expected to do well, but put in useless performance. As I recall Charlie Vernon was one of the few to put a fight that day, hopefully he will do better tomorrow than last week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Exactly. Armagh are in the strongest position of the 3 teams - they're the only ones that (a) have their destiny in their own hands; and (b) can lose and still survive.

mountainboii

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 09, 2011, 11:10:12 PM
Exactly. Armagh are in the strongest position of the 3 teams - they're the only ones that (a) have their destiny in their own hands; and (b) can lose and still survive.

and (c) are playing a team that still has something to play for; and (d) are playing away from home; and (e) are playing the All Ireland champions; and (f) are managed by Paddy O'Rourke.

You forgot those last few.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Still awaiting the team announcement. Maybe Houlie's coming back.

Imposerous

From a poster on Orchard County: can anyone confirm?

Hearty

Mallon. Toner. Donaghy

Kernan. V Martin. Dyas

Vernon. Lavery

Mackin. Bj. P Duffy

Clarke. Mc donell. M o rourke

Mc keever injured

naka

Can't see this being the team POR has already said more cross boys will start he is leaving himself open to ridicule if he only adds ak and hearty whilst not trying Tk or mc kenna in the half gorwRd line but trying duffy

Imposerous

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: naka on April 10, 2011, 09:00:22 AM
Can't see this being the team POR has already said more cross boys will start he is leaving himself open to ridicule if he only adds ak and hearty whilst not trying Tk or mc kenna in the half gorwRd line but trying duffy

To be fair he's done that since he took over the job so there's littl enough new about it.