Corcaigh v Ard Mhacha

Started by Real1995, April 03, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

My first thought in regard to this fixture is fear.  After today's display against Galway you can not help but fear a hiding.  Cork will certainly be out all guns a blazing to secure their place in the league final.

After today's game there were a number of supporters disapointed with how our management reacted both to team selection initially and to tactical awareness during the match and how certain players were not switched off their markers for 70 mins is beyond me. 

You are always going to get different opinions from supporters about who should play and who shouldn't. But what worries me most is the shape of the team, or lack of shape, and the system being used.  Many supporters called for an end to the sweeper system after Kerry, today we did not use the sweeper system and you can see what happened, we were exposed defensively. On a positive note I feel that the only player that has developed through the league is Dyas and I feel that he is pushing hard for a championship start.  The team I would play against cork would be;

1. Hearty
2. Mallon
3. Donaghy
4. McKeever (He is a man marker, no doubt)
5. Ak
6.Dyas
7. Duffy
8. Toner
9. Lavery
10. Mackin
11. Stephen Kernan (Call him into the panel asap)
12. Tony Kernan
13. J Clarke
14. McDonnell
15.Vernon   (3rd Mid fielder - today he played at times at wing forward and he kept forgetting tp mark his man from their kickouts)
Nice guys always finish second!

mountainboii

TacadoirArdMhacha

I think we have to have Ciaran at 6, he adds some backbone to the centre of the team, that half back line you name is too lightweight in my opinion though I agree that Dyas has been one of the few positives from the campaign. I'm now of the view that Charlie has to be played at midfield, he looks lost anywhere else. Young McKenna couldn't do much worse than the lads on show today.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

David McKeown

We tried the tactic of four midfielders playing today and it simply didnt work so I pray to god we dont use it again next week, probably will mind given the quality of our management.

I genuinely fear for this game as I cant see anything other than a heavy defeat but like TAC I think we still need McKeever at 6 as at the minute hes one of the few players still playing anywhere near the level he can play at.

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

marym

Cork were missing loads yesterday and if the the under 21 s win next Wednesday , then it will be the same for next Sunday. Kelly Kissane Donnacha O Connor all injured. Colm o Neill gone for the year.

Orior

Pick the worst team you can think of, and that's what POR will play. The worst Armagh team to play Cork will be:

McEvoy
Martin, Toner, Shannon
BJP, Vernon, AK
Lavery, McKenna
Mackin, Watters, Hanratty
MOR, Swift, Mallon

However they wont get tanked - Armagh rarely does. Cork to win by 5 points.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

PAULD123

Hope you win.

Backs to the wall and everything to fight for I think you will have a chance

good luck

Kerry Mike

C'mon Armagh. An Armagh win or even a draw would do nicely, but we still have to beat Down though which is no easy task
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

naka

can see whole changes to armagh team as POR must realise natives not happy,
hearty will take over in goals,
finnian should step down to give mc keown a chance to see what he`s like at this level
vernon and toner  to go back into midfield as a pairing
can see duffy dropped for AK although i would play him in the corner and let him roam where ever he wants to
whilst mackin actually did ok yesterday mc kenna  has to be tried as a wing half forward
TK has to be tried as a wing half forward
in any event think we will be well beaten as have written off this year( i wonder is grimley rueing the day he turned us down)

Orior

Making wholesale changes is fine, but the changes you've suggested Naka is madness.

On the positive side, there were periods when our play on Sunday was sublime. Lets not throw... baby... bathwater... etc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 04, 2011, 10:34:29 AM
Hope you win.

Backs to the wall and everything to fight for I think you will have a chance

good luck

Paul make up your mind!! On this thread wishing Armagh well and on Dublin Down thread asking Dublin to use to ensure Armagh get defeated??????

Stevie Nicks

Sorry meant to say relegate Armagh

Now football - I think it may be time to start a Kerry vs Down thread and move over there. Before I go a message to Dublin fans. Just in case Armagh do lose to Cork, we will forgive you Saturday night's defeat of us if you would do us a favour and lose to Galway, thus relegating Armagh. Go on lads you've nothing to play for anyway!!!

Quote on Dublin Down thread maybe someone was using your account or you can't make up your mind.

naka

Quote from: Orior on April 04, 2011, 11:18:29 AM

On the positive side, there were periods when our play on Sunday was sublime. Lets not throw... baby... bathwater... etc
look at what we conceded against an average galway side, everytime they went forward they looked like scoring, we have no direction at present in attack, whilst there were decent periods we have lost 4 out of six( with 3 of the 4 defeats at home), i think we need wholesale changes.
galway were content to play joyce as soon as he made himself available yet we leave the cross boys on the bench

PAULD123

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on April 04, 2011, 11:26:42 AM
Sorry meant to say relegate Armagh

Now football - I think it may be time to start a Kerry vs Down thread and move over there. Before I go a message to Dublin fans. Just in case Armagh do lose to Cork, we will forgive you Saturday night's defeat of us if you would do us a favour and lose to Galway, thus relegating Armagh. Go on lads you've nothing to play for anyway!!!

Quote on Dublin Down thread maybe someone was using your account or you can't make up your mind.

No inconsistency. I hope you win so that we have a chance of getting to the league final. I hope Dublin lose so that if you don't win you go down. Armagh fans would love to see Down relegated it is the nature of rivalry, so I don't see that as a big deal. My preference would be Down and Armagh both winning so we reach the final. I am consistent but also selfish. I'm not going to apologise for being selfish, sport should be selfish, I want what is best for Down and right now that is an Armagh victory over Cork. I will freely admit I only want Armagh to win so we have a chance at getting to the final. So yeah, Good luck and I do hope you win

mackers

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 04, 2011, 11:45:36 AM
I am consistent but also selfish.
You also post an awful load of sh1te that even your fellow Down posters are pulling you up on. Do us a favour and stick to the Down threads.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.