Laois have everything to play for over the next few weeks
starting with sligo this sunday & our last game against donegal
at home,what at stake here is promotions & getting to the div 2 final
if we can't beat these two teams what the hell chance have we in the
leinster c/ship,so i say to the new management and our team, play as if our
next two games are c/ship matches & win both of them and give us
some hope for the year ahead.

ross4life

Must win for Sligo or they will be relegated & i know Sligonian wouldn't be to keen on league trip to Hyde park next year.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on March 29, 2011, 08:07:23 PM
Must win for Sligo or they will be relegated & i know Sligonian wouldn't be to keen on league trip to Hyde park next year.
For sure Ross4life, would be great to stay up considering average teams coming up from div3 and coming down from div1 like galway and mayo ;).

Looking forward to sunday, i think Meath will beat Derry but lose to Tyrone, and i dont want to going to Newbridge looking for a win, have to beat Laois but tbh there early season form impressed but maybe they had the fitness advantage over others and its evened out now.. Not sure where we are at, some injury list and its hard to believe we racked up 2-18 in Belfast without Kelly but i was there.

Havent a clue of our starting line up (mano) but 5/6 changes every week for the last few games may motivate me enough not to buy a programme as they are waste of money with Sligo atm.

Best of luck Sligo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

sligoman2

Im expecting sligo to put up a strong challenge here. We have more injuries than we would like but we also have the motivation to stay up and this is a must win.laois have been. Very impressive to date and will be strong favourites which is tbe way we like it.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

laoislad

We should really be beating the likes of Sligo if we have any hope of doing anything this year.

Despite losing the last two games we have been playing well,the Kildare game could have gone either way and once we woke up in the 2nd half against Tyrone we started playing well.

Sligo by 5...

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

goal 10

Quote from: laoislad on March 30, 2011, 07:00:48 PM
We should really be beating the likes of Sligo if we have any hope of doing anything this year.

Despite losing the last two games we have been playing well,the Kildare game could have gone either way and once we woke up in the 2nd half against Tyrone we started playing well.

Sligo by 5.

LAOISLAD do you agree with what i said above.

Gael85

Has Conor Meredith featured on Laois panel since returning home from Austrailia?

goal 10

Any one know the laois team to play sligo on sunday.

ross4life

Maher,Booth,Meaney,Timmons,Strong,Julian,O'Leary,Clancy,Quigley,Begley, O'Loughlin,Kavanagh,Munnelly,Sheehan,Tierney
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gael85

Quigley returns for Laois

Laois midfield star Brendan Quigley
01 April 2011

Midfielder Brendan Quigley returns to the Laois side as one of three changes made by manager Justin McNulty this weekend.

The midlanders take on Sligo at Markievicz Park on Sunday afternoon bidding to bounce back from successive defeats to Kildare and Tyrone.

Quigley partners Padraig Clancy at midfield as part of a midfield-backline reshuffle, with Mark Timmons move to corner back, Peter O'Leary switch to the wing and Paul Begley drop out.

The two other changes see Denis Booth replace Robert Kehoe at corner back and veteran Gary Kavanagh come into the half forward line in place of Paul Cahillane.

Throw-in at the Sligo venue on Sunday is at 2.30pm.

Laois (SF v Sligo): Darren Maher; Denis Booth, Kevin Meaney, Mark Timmons; Darren Strong, Shane Julian, Peter O'Leary; Padraig Clancy, Brendan Quigley; Colm Begley, John O'Loughlin, Gary Kavanagh; Ross Munnelly, Billy Sheehan, Michael John Tierney.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Gael85 on April 01, 2011, 04:19:12 PM

01 April 2011

Midfielder Brendan Quigley returns to the Laois side as one of three changes made by manager Justin McNulty this weekend.

The midlanders take on Sligo at Markievicz Park on Sunday afternoon bidding to bounce back from successive defeats to Kildare and Tyrone.

Quigley partners Padraig Clancy at midfield as part of a midfield-backline reshuffle, with Mark Timmons move to corner back, Peter O'Leary switch to the wing and Paul Begley drop out.

The two other changes see Denis Booth replace Robert Kehoe at corner back and veteran Gary Kavanagh come into the half forward line in place of Paul Cahillane.

Laois (SF v Sligo): Darren Maher; Denis Booth, Kevin Meaney, Mark Timmons; Darren Strong, Shane Julian, Peter O'Leary; Padraig Clancy, Brendan Quigley; Colm Begley, John O'Loughlin, Gary Kavanagh; Ross Munnelly, Billy Sheehan, Michael John Tierney.

TBH some disrespectful comments towards Sligo from the 2 laoislads goal10 and laoislad which i have ignored, but wouldnt want ye arriving 1hr late for the game, im sure the throw in is at 13.30 on Sunday..double check but im sure im right.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

laoislad

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 01, 2011, 05:09:52 PM

TBH some disrespectful comments towards Sligo from the 2 laoislads goal10 and laoislad which i have ignored

What'chu talkin bout, Willis?

laoislad

Quote from: goal 10 on April 01, 2011, 04:05:45 PM
Any one know the laois team to play sligo on sunday.

The Team for Laois is
1. Maher
2. Booth
3. Meaney
4. Timmons
5. Strong
6. Julian
7. O' Leary
8. Clancy
9. Quigley
10. Begley
11. O' Loughlin
12. Donaher
13. Munelly
14. Kingston
15. Tierney

ross4life

01 April 2011

TBH some disrespectful comments towards Sligo from the 2 laoislads goal10 and laoislad which i have ignored,

Well said SLIGONIAN do your talking on the field, best of luck on Sunday!

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on April 01, 2011, 05:43:20 PM

01 April 2011

TBH some disrespectful comments towards Sligo from the 2 laoislads goal10 and laoislad which i have ignored,

Well said SLIGONIAN do your talking on the field, best of luck on Sunday!

Does Sligonian play for Sligo?