NFL 2 - Dún na nGall v Aontroim - Béal Átha Seanaid - 3ú Aibreán

Started by RMDrive, March 29, 2011, 12:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

This is a preview of this years Ulster Championship preliminary round and a loss here will virtually guarantee relegation for Antrim. A win for Donegal will mean the game against Laois will be for a place in the league final for us. It's a good opportunity to set the scene for the meeting later in the year and I think that we will be well up for it. Assuming we don't have 17 wides again  :o I think we'll edge it by 3-4 points.

RMDrive

Quote from: AQMP on March 29, 2011, 12:06:19 PM
3 -4 points?  I'd say double that RMD.  We're going to lull you into a false sense of security for the Championship!

Youse are sneaky all right  :D

saffron sam2

Quote from: AQMP on March 29, 2011, 12:06:19 PM
3 -4 points?  I'd say double that RMD.  We're going to lull you into a false sense of security for the Championship!

And I'll double yours. Could be very messy indeed for Antrim. What with retirements, injuries, suspensions, huffing over expenses, hiding because you've been touting, no spare shorts, the length of the bus run etc. coupled with the initial promise of Jim McGuinness's reign, the twin targets of McFadden and Murphy, the new found sobriety and the requirement to lay down a Championship marker, Kevin 'Boxer' Bradley will do well to keep the margin of defeat under fifteen points.

Quote from: hardstation on March 29, 2011, 12:58:04 PM
Aointroim have no chance of beating Dún na nGall in either game.

None whatsoever, and for a second I thought you had done the fcuk up.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Simon Says

With antrim missing Mc cann, o boyle, both mc gourtys, niblock, mc clean and a few injury doubts over other boys. i can see donegal giving us a bad hiding. Our best bet is to concentrate on championship and try and suprise them. Sean o neill play out the field? with the amount of injuries?

RMDrive

Donegal go into the penultimate game in the Allianz National Football League on Sunday against Antrim with a win almost assuring them of a place back in the top flight once more.

They will be relying on a few other results going their way to be able to celebrate on Sunday evening which would mean their trip to O'Moore Park, Portlaoise, the following Sunday would be a more relaxed affair.

Before that Sunday's game against the Saffrons in Fr. Tierney Park, Ballyshannon (2.30 p.m.) must be won. Then Jim McGuinness and his squad will be listening to their radios and 'phones for news from Healy Park, Omagh and Markievicz Park, Sligo where Tyone host Kildare and Sligo play Laois respectively. A win for either Tyrone or Sligo along with Donegal picking up the two points in Ballyshannon will mean that Donegal are promoted before a ball is kicked on the final league weekend.

That might sound a little confusing, but no matter what happens, Donegal have the ball at their feet as they lead the Division and two wins in their final two games would be sufficient no matter what the other results.

They will go into Sunday's game with Antrim minus corner-back Paddy McGrath, who injured an ankle at county training on Friday night last and could be out for a couple of weeks. The injury could mean a first competitive start for Killybegs' Jason Noctor as a direct replacement.

There was good news on the injury front for Neil McGee, who played a starring role for his club Gaoth Dobhair in their league game on Sunday, showing no ill effects for the injury he picked up against Derry.

Elsewhere Neil Gallagher played for Glenswilly and should be back in contention while Eoin Waide, who rejoined the county panel last week, missed Naomh Conaill's game with Cloughaneely through injury.

Ironically, despite being top of the table and unbeaten in five games, Donegal will be hoping for a first home win in the league, having drawn their two previous home games with Sligo and Kildare.

http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/sport/mcgrath_almost_definitely_out_as_donegal_hope_to_seal_promotion_1_2542616

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

1. SEAN O NEILL    (DAVITTS)

2. COLIN BRADY    (ST. GALLS)
3. RICKY JOHNSTON  (KICKHAMS CREGGAN)
4. AARON DOUGLAS  (ST.JOHNS)

5. TONY SCULLION  (CARGIN)
24. CONOR MURRAY (LAMH DHEARG)
7. ANTO HEALY   (ST.GALLS)

8. AODHAN GALLAGHER  (ST.GALLS)
9. SEAN BURKE  (ST.GALLS)

10. TERRY O NEILL  (ST.GALLS)
11. MARK SWEENEY  (ST. BRIGIDS)
12. MARK MC ALEESE (PORTGLENONE)

13. KEVIN BRADY  (MONEYGLASS)
14. BRENDAN HERON  (LAMH DHEARG)
15. TOMAS MC CANN    (CARGIN)

16. CHRIS KERR   (ST.GALLS)
17. MARK DOUGAN  (KICKHAMS CREGGAN)
18. DARA EDWARDS  (ST. BRIGIDS)
19. COLM FLEMING  (ROSSA)
20. MARTY JOHNSTON  (KICKHAMS CREGGAN)
21. JAMES LAVERTY  (CARGIN)
22. KEVIN MARRON  (MONEYGLASS)
23. ADRIAN MC KEEFRY  (MONEYGLASS)
24. CONOR MURRAY  (LAMH DHEARG)
25. BRIAN NEESON  (ST. JOHNS)
27. PETER OWENS  (ST.GALLS
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Donegal are evens minus 4 points!!

I know where my twenty pounds is going this weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Simon Says

colm fleming has eye for goal. As shown against donegal in the under 21 game.

Pat Mustard

Quote from: Simon Says on April 01, 2011, 10:40:53 AM
I sense sarcasm as he didn't score that day, though I wasn't at it. This could be an absolute mauling.

Gael85

McGuinness strengthens squad

Donegal manager Jim McGuinness
01 April 2011

Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has added four players to his squad for the remainder of the year.

McGuinness felt that the squad needed a bit of strengthening as the league nears a conclusion as we face into the championship. Long term injuries to Leo McLoone and Johnny Bonner forced the manager's hand in adding to the squad.

Former goalkeeper Michael Boyle is recalled to the panel having lost his place to Paul Durcan in recent years, while Kevin Rafferty, Dara Gallagher and Eoin Wade have also been recalled to the squad.

McGuinness also invited St Eunan's Mark McGowan onto the squad, but he has already committed to going to the States for the summer.

"After the under-21 campaign we felt we needed to strengthen the squad and we are delighted to have the boys back. They are all good footballers and they will add to the squad and greatly improve our options as we prepare for the latter stages of the league and the championship," said McGuinness.

"We would have liked to have Mark McGowan, too, but unfortunately he had already commitments in the States."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Simon Says on April 01, 2011, 10:40:53 AM

He'll not get it sitting on the bench!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2