Shankill Butchers program 28-03-11

Started by Denn Forever, March 28, 2011, 08:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Minder on March 29, 2011, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 29, 2011, 03:38:48 PM
Not only were the murders sectarian, but their nature was gruesome.

Yet these same people are out walking the streets today, whilst Hazel Stewart is locked up until 2031.

You can thank the GFA for that.

Aye, and they wont even agree to call it that. Some know it as the Belfast Agreement, because Good Friday sounds taigish, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dinkydonut

AQMP - you had a point, maybe just the angle of your argument. You did say you believed that all the murders werent solely secterian, which implies you believed many were.

Orior

There was a wee girl from the six counties got a shiny big medal from the English yesterday. Basically, she ran 100 yards in gunfire to tend an injured soldier. I dont know if she joined the british army specifically to kill people, but my question is do with her bravery. Was she brave or just stupid? Or maybe she is a physco too?

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on March 29, 2011, 04:54:49 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 29, 2011, 04:53:06 PM
There was a wee girl from the six counties got a shiny big medal from the English yesterday. Basically, she ran 100 yards in gunfire to tend an injured soldier. I dont know if she joined the british army specifically to kill people, but my question is do with her bravery. Was she brave or just stupid? Or maybe she is a physco too?
She might be a physco.

Ah feck it. Feck it. Feckity feck feck it. Bin a long day.

physco -> chysco -> sycho -> psycho

Yes, psycho, with the silent pee, as in pswimming pool.

Banana Man

tell you what she would get it

johnneycool

Was she not in the medical corps, so hardly joined to kill people.

tyssam5

Quote from: Orior on March 29, 2011, 03:38:48 PM
Not only were the murders sectarian, but their nature was gruesome.

Yet these same people are out walking the streets today, whilst Hazel Stewart is locked up until 2031.

Is it too late for her to swing a political angle into her defence?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 29, 2011, 02:45:15 PM
These boys had a blood lust. They came from a community in which there was a hatred of catholics in many parts. It was obvious that they were sectarian but that is not the whole story. If there were no troubles and only one religion I truly believe Murphy would have killed anyone for the thrill of it. The other reason for targeting of catholics was that they were hardly going to pick up innocent protestants given the lived in a uvf ghetto effectively. They knew a quick halt would be called to their actions if that happened. There is also no doubt that the uvf, brits and RUC turned a blind eye to what was happening, most likely to protect an informer or just to keep the croppies down.
That's it, spot on.
The question is if there was no troubles, no divide would Lenny Murphy and some of those boys still kill and the answer has to be yes. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aoise

I remember hearing a psychologist speak about the psycopathy of Lenny Murphy a few years ago and he seemed to believe that Murphy's problems stemmed from the fact that his mother was a Catholic and he received so much abuse for that as a child that he actually turned to hating everything about Catholicism and those who came from that community. His own insecurity if you like. The psychologist seemed to think that in many regards this was textbook, and those that joined him were merely sheep who had their own hatred of Catholics and that was manipulated by Murphy who acted like the shepherd so to speak. Usually those with deep psychological problems in later life originally have been abused or are riddled with early insecurities that have not been dealt with and are turned on the rest of society.

Who knows? Just one train of thought, but one I would tend to go with. He's still better 6 feet under though!

RMDrive

Quote from: Aoise on March 29, 2011, 09:01:45 PM
I remember hearing a psychologist speak about the psycopathy of Lenny Murphy a few years ago and he seemed to believe that Murphy's problems stemmed from the fact that his mother was a Catholic and he received so much abuse for that as a child that he actually turned to hating everything about Catholicism and those who came from that community. His own insecurity if you like. The psychologist seemed to think that in many regards this was textbook, and those that joined him were merely sheep who had their own hatred of Catholics and that was manipulated by Murphy who acted like the shepherd so to speak. Usually those with deep psychological problems in later life originally have been abused or are riddled with early insecurities that have not been dealt with and are turned on the rest of society.

Who knows? Just one train of thought, but one I would tend to go with. He's still better 6 feet under though!

So nurture rather than nature?

Ulick

Except the mother wasn't a Catholic.

Interesting that neither of his two brothers Mr A & Mr B were never convicted in relation to the murders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Murphy_%28loyalist%29 though I see one of their sons was convicted for murdering an old war veteran http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/3993D351-678C-4989-8061-7E2FD3905193/0/j_j_2008NILST7.htm

fitzroyalty

I heard the insecurity theory before, I don't think his mother was RC but he certainly had a Catholic sounding name; Hugh Leonard Murphy; apparently he got grief for that when he was young...

There is a good blog which details the names and whereabouts of some of the members who passed through the gang; who for legal reasons weren't included in the Dillon book. Will try and post a link later. 

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Ulick on March 29, 2011, 09:40:10 PM

Interesting that neither of his two brothers Mr A & Mr B were never convicted in relation to the murders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Murphy_%28loyalist%29 though I see one of their sons was convicted for murdering an old war veteran http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/3993D351-678C-4989-8061-7E2FD3905193/0/j_j_2008NILST7.htm

No but he got a slagging for having an Irish sounding name. Somehow I think his mental issues were a bit deeper than that.

Milltown Row2

Mr A was killed in a car crash on the Grovenor Road a few years back, the people that came to his aid that day were Catholics from the local area, who tried to save him by giving first aid before the ambulance came!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyssam5

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2011, 09:54:44 PM

Mr A was killed in a car crash on the Grovenor Road a few years back, the people that came to his aid that day were Catholics from the local area, who tried to save him by giving first aid before the ambulance came!!

So who was A?