Go Karting

Started by Radda bout yeee, March 26, 2011, 11:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Was thnking about organising a days go karting was wondering if anywhere new the best place in the occupied 6 to go?
How many would you have to take with ye?
How much is it roughly?
How long does it last?

Cheers!

RMDrive

There is a new place called Campsie Carting Centre opened in Derry. It's a pretty good facility, as good as I've seen anyway. It's £30 for half an hour which I reckon is loads of time. I reckon it would get boring after that. You can turn up on your own and race with people you don't know but it's better craic with a gang.

Archie Mitchell

Depends on how many are going. If you have at least 10 or so you will be able to do a grand prix which lasts a few hours and costs about £30-£40.

Doagh - http://www.need4speedkarting.com/home.php
Ballymena - http://raceviewkarting.co.uk/
Bangor - http://www.eddieirvinesports.com/karting/
Belfast - http://www.adrenalinkarting.com/

I've been to the first 3 and all are good, and I see that the one in Ballymena now have an outdoor track as well.

David McKeown

We used to go to SuperDrive in Maghery a lot. Perfect if you had 8 people. They split you into two groups of four. You then had 4 heats which you started in each of the four positions on the grid. The racers were then ranked and two semi finals took place. Top 6 then contested the final. Trophies for top 3 and fastest lap of the day.

Meant everyone got at least five races of about 10 mins each
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Shortso79

illdecide

There's a good one in Letterkenny..the best one I've been too is close to Oranmore Co Galway
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Ulick

There's a place just outside Markethill we went to once on a stag. Wasn't all that impressed though it probably had more to do with the big 'colourful' parade that was marching up and down the road at the same time.

Radda bout yeee

Thanks for all the advice!

Hilltresk

Are you organising this for all the forumers that want to go?

The Worker

outdoor tracks are far better than the indoor ones, especially if theres beena  skite of rain!

Radda bout yeee

Yes - Hopefully get a bit of qualifying done and then whittle it down to the best 24 drivers - then we'll split everyone up into teams of two with one driver supporting a stronger driver and we'll race for a number of weeks until a league table establishes who the best driver is. I think there's a similar format out there somewhere but I can't put my finger on what its called!!! Something like Formulated Racing 1 or something!  :P

Muzz

Ive been to Ballymena, Bangor and the Belfast one...

Hands down Belfast wins without a doubt.

Ballymena - indoor is short and up and down hills - depending on kart you can have a stinker of a time and your weight comes into it ;-)  The outside track has been there for years.  Its not bad but the track is horrendus at the top corner.  Without fail you will end in the tyres.  Weight doesnt matter here.

Eddie Irvines - is good.  Recently got kart upgrades as well.  Track is not very challenging and short.  Expensive too. 

Adrenline Karting as I said was by far the best...course is long.  Value is better.  Long straight - tight corners, hairpin's, chicanes.  They let you race aslo.  Not like Ballymena.  Slightest nudge and your off to the pits.  Theres ways to get away with this but hardly worth it for the grief you get.  Eddie restricts karts also and you get about 4 laps at full power.  Karts are nearly too fast for the track.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: The Worker on March 28, 2011, 11:21:06 AM
outdoor tracks are far better than the indoor ones, especially if theres beena  skite of rain!

Best one I`ve been to. Just outside Dunleer. http://www.whiteriver.ie/
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Denn Forever

Wouldn't care about racing.  It is a hoot just going fast,fast,fast. So lenght of tracktime would be the most important thing.

Also if you are having a competion

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 28, 2011, 11:21:22 AM
Yes - Hopefully get a bit of qualifying done and then whittle it down to the best 24 drivers -   :P

things to consider would be what are the facilities like if you are just waiting around?  I don't suppose there would be a bar at it (wouldn't that be fun).
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Iceman

Quote from: The Worker on March 28, 2011, 11:21:06 AM
the one near Letterkenny has an outdoor track that continues on inside, talk about sideways when the rain is on the finished inside concrete.
The one at Markethill looks crap and there isn't a whole pile of ones about it.
Newry is a great spot, well set up and well run.

Good days craic either way.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight