Northern Ireland Planning Service - complete joke.

Started by Cold tea, March 24, 2011, 09:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardal

Not sure if I remember correctly, but think the PS have 8 weeks to make a decision on your application unless they ask you for more information / clarification before that.

If they haven't, you are legally entitled to appeal their refusal to grant pemission; although they actually haven't, but their legal time to do so is up. They will lose if they can't come up with a reason to reject your application and also have to pay all you costs. They hate this. Confirm with your architect that this is still the case, before you appeal a refusal.

If correct, you'll quickly receive a letter confirming permission to go ahead

Eamonnca1

So let me get this straight. Northern Ireland doesn't have enough public sector bureaucrats? That's really the problem?  ???

el_cuervo_fc

You can appeal for non determination of a planning application but it won't speed up the decision. It could take a year to hear the appeal

ardal

Yep, but who pays the costs?

Remember being in Bedford House and trying to rush through applications or find an issue befor we ran out of time.

Tyronelass

Quote from: Cold tea on March 24, 2011, 09:55:04 AM
At a time when the economy is crying out for injections we have this crowd of muppets to deal with.  I have submitted plans for an extension before Christmas, have been tracking it online - the extension has been estimated around 70K, so it is a considerable piece of work.  There has been no movement on it so our architect contacted them, the girl said she hasn't had time to look at it and won't for the next few months, taking us into the summer so I will have to wait until next year for it to be done.  Our architect said it was a straight forward planning application and it should be streamlined and passed to someone who can look at it, she said thats not how they work it is in her case load and she will get to it within the next few months!!! Jesus wept  ::).

I work in planning for the private sector & believe me ur not the only one with similar problems!

while everyone knows the planning system is being dramatically changed at present all imo to streamline things for shifting to local councils, ( in fact come 1st April planning service no longer exists & even the remaining staff don't know if they are getting a new name!) some staff seem to forget they r civil servants & there to serve the public. I wouldn't last too long in my job if I adopted their attitude or indeed manor with clients.

Just as a side note, check out the new fees coming into affect from the 11th April with the fee maximum being raised from £11,000ish to £250,000! So not only is the service crap but we'll have to pay significantly more for it!

lawnseed

ring sinn fein and stephen nolan your dealing with a complete shower
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once