six county elections 05/05/2011

Started by rossie mad, March 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2011, 12:17:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2011, 11:29:03 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2011, 10:41:19 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 08, 2011, 10:34:19 AM
So is the final share of seats counted yet? Anyone care to post them up.

Final Result DUP 38, SF 29,UUP 16, SDLP 14, Alliance 8, Greens 1, TUV 1, Ind 1 #ae 11

Is this what was expected? Did the DUP hammer SF (Using my system of course ;)) When will Marty take over from Peter?
The gap has effectively widened. SF went into the last Assembly with 28 (subsequently dropping to 27 with McHugh's defection) and the DUP with 36. So the DUP has widened the gap by 1 on the 2007 result, but it is essentially the same as when the Assembly was dissolved.

How many seats did SDLP & UUP have at the end of the last assembly?

DUP up 2
SF up 2

Who lost out?

lawnseed

Quote from: Gaffer on May 08, 2011, 10:28:08 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 01:03:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2011, 12:52:03 AM
What would you call great?
alright i feeling generous i'll take any political achievement any thing at all besides getting a salary

Lawnseed,  this is for you !

http://tinyurl.com/3zupnl2

so thats your argument... :D are you Marguerite Richie do you preach about double jobbing and then do it yourself. stoops the party that tried to join fianna fail totally ignoring the Irish labour party supposedly their sister party such is their lack of integrity.. sad Little people
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

maddog

Obviously not that au fait with the various characters emerging within unionism but had to laugh this morning when i saw that Tom Elliot character on the news referring to Sinn Fein as scum for having "foreign flags" with them. Does he not realise what a tit he looked or is that the gutter politics that they prefer to stoop to? If his party have any decency he should be censured in some way.

Maguire01

Quote from: The Worker on May 08, 2011, 12:23:45 PM

Final Result DUP 38, SF 29,UUP 16, SDLP 14, Alliance 8, Greens 1, TUV 1, Ind 1 #ae 11

Is this what was expected? Did the DUP hammer SF (Using my system of course ;)) When will Marty take over from Peter?
The gap has effectively widened. SF went into the last Assembly with 28 (subsequently dropping to 27 with McHugh's defection) and the DUP with 36. So the DUP has widened the gap by 1 on the 2007 result, but it is essentially the same as when the Assembly was dissolved.

DUP up 2
SF up 2

Who lost out?
Copy and paste from elsewhere on changes:

Strangford – UUP takes DUP seat (Iris Robinson)
West Tyrone – UUP takes DUP seat (Bresland)
East Belfast -Alliance takes PUP seat (Dawn Purvis)
Lagan Valley – DUP takes SF seat (Paul Butler stood down)
North Antrim – TUV takes SDLP seat (Declan O'Loan)
South Antrim – DUP takes SDLP seat (Thomas Burns)
East Antrim – SF takes UUP seat (McCune fails)
Fermanagh & ST- SF takes SDLP seat (Tommy Gallagher)
Mid-Ulster – SDLP takes back seat from Dr Deeney
North Belfast – DUP takes UUP seat (Fred Cobain)
North Down – DUP takes UUP seat (Alan McFarland)
East Londonderry – McClarty takes his own former UUP seat

Milltown Row2

This will blow over, and hopefully so.

He will continue to make a twit of himself the longer he stays in power and will never have anything good remembered about his time as leader
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2011, 12:36:34 PM
Quote from: The Worker on May 08, 2011, 12:23:45 PM

DUP up 2
SF up 2

Who lost out?
Copy and paste from elsewhere on changes:

Strangford – UUP takes DUP seat (Iris Robinson)
West Tyrone – UUP takes DUP seat (Bresland)
East Belfast -Alliance takes PUP seat (Dawn Purvis)
Lagan Valley – DUP takes SF seat (Paul Butler stood down)
North Antrim – TUV takes SDLP seat (Declan O'Loan)
South Antrim – DUP takes SDLP seat (Thomas Burns)
East Antrim – SF takes UUP seat (McCune fails)
Fermanagh & ST- SF takes SDLP seat (Tommy Gallagher)
Mid-Ulster – SDLP takes back seat from Dr Deeney
North Belfast – DUP takes UUP seat (Fred Cobain)
North Down – DUP takes UUP seat (Alan McFarland)
East Londonderry – McClarty takes his own former UUP seat

so SDLP down 2, UUP down 2 (possibly 1 if McClarty returns)

ziggysego

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2011, 12:21:12 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 08, 2011, 12:08:51 PM
DUP didnt hammer Sinn Fein. They hammered the UUP though.

Was there not talk before this that SF were going to have enough to make Marty First Minister? What did SF need to make that happen?

Not from me. That was never going to happen. I did think they would have picked up two extra seats though. However, I thought the DUP was going to get 40.
Testing Accessibility

lawnseed

maguire can you dig up any figures for actual percentage of the vote between the parties

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:47:24 PM
maguire can you dig up any figures for actual percentage of the vote between the parties
Percentages and changes below. Minimal differences really.

DUP       30.0%      -0.1%
SF         26.9%       0.8%
SDLP     14.2%       -1.0%
UUP      13.2%       -1.7%
All         7.7%         2.5%
Others   5.4%        -2.9%
TUV      2.5%         2.5%

Gaffer

Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:26:05 PM
alright i feeling generous i'll take any political achievement any thing at all besides getting a salary

so thats your argument... :D are you Marguerite Richie do you preach about double jobbing and then do it yourself. stoops the party that tried to join fianna fail totally ignoring the Irish labour party supposedly their sister party such is their lack of integrity.. sad Little people

No and no   :D :D :D  Can't take you seriously at all. You're good for a laugh though.

PS. Learn how to punctuate ;)

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Maguire01

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2011, 12:56:05 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:47:24 PM
Percentages and changes below. Minimal differences really.

DUP       30.0%      -0.1%
SF         26.9%       0.8%
SDLP     14.2%       -1.0%
UUP      13.2%       -1.7%
All         7.7%         2.5%
Others   5.4%        -2.9%
TUV      2.5%         2.5%
And no doubt we'll have Evil Genius along, able to point to these figures as evidence that the Nationalist vote does indeed seem to have stalled. Are Catholics now becoming acquainted with garden centres as well?

Milltown Row2

Is he right though on that evidence?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2011, 01:11:19 PM
Is he right though on that evidence?

Prehaps, but you could look at the numbers and say Unionist numbers are dropping. 57% of people know you can use statistics to prove anything.
Testing Accessibility

lawnseed

Quote from: Gaffer on May 08, 2011, 12:56:37 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:26:05 PM

No and no   :D :D :D  Can't take you seriously at all. You're good for a laugh though.

PS. Learn how to punctuate ;)
the voice of authority.. barry mcelduff is also good for a laugh but he has a message.. and i'm saying that a stoop vote is a vote wasted they will start pointing the finger a wee maggie now and she will take the blame for their poor showing. i'd say their dwindling majority in derry is a real worry and the fact that despite the verbal gangbang of catronia ruane by all and sundry for all of the tenure of her ministry she still got elected.. for all the mud they threw most of it rebounded on to themselves. what will follow will be bitter recriminations and back stabbing its what they do best

armaghniac

Two things are happening. The assembly was very popular with nationalists and they turned out in numbers in the past to vote for it, a measure of apathy has now set in. There are more centrist votes, this has meant that the nationalist vote tend not to increase and the unionist vote declines. In an election or two it will be equal votes for nationalists and unionists and 10% for the middle.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B