six county elections 05/05/2011

Started by rossie mad, March 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2011, 12:52:03 AM
What would you call great?
alright i feeling generous i'll take any political achievement any thing at all besides getting a salary
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Minder

Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 01:03:52 AM
alright i feeling generous i'll take any political achievement any thing at all besides getting a salary

What have any of them done, other than draw a salary?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lawnseed

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2011, 01:06:26 AM
alright i feeling generous I'll take any political achievement any thing at all besides getting a salary

What have any of them done, other than draw a salary?
ffs minder he wouldn't even help get a site passed in a field i know he told the guy it was a non runner. your man went to the unionists and got it passed no bother. mallon stood like a colossus on the top of armagh and watch idly as it crumbled around his feet

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:49:16 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 08, 2011, 12:45:07 AM
It is also perfectly credible to believe that the SDLP are more effective nationalists than the rather crass carry on of Sinn Féin, who are not typical of the Irish people generally. Softly softly catchee monkey and all that.

One of the notable things about the recent election count were media interviews by Marty and Jeffrey Donaldson that could have been taken from John Hume's speeches, with talk of "working together for the shared future of our people". I am not sure that the modern SDLP has people quite of the calibre of Hume and Mallon, who did a real service to the people of Ireland.
but for the tactical voting of unionists around markethill mallon wouldnt have lasted near as long as he did i'm open to hear what his great achievements were i cant think of one
Surely his central role in the peace process and the Good Friday Agreement would be regarded as a significant achievement and contribution?

trileacman

It is also perfectly credible to believe that the SDLP are more effective nationalists than the rather crass carry on of Sinn Féin, who are not typical of the Irish people generally. Softly softly catchee monkey and all that.

One of the notable things about the recent election count were media interviews by Marty and Jeffrey Donaldson that could have been taken from John Hume's speeches, with talk of "working together for the shared future of our people". I am not sure that the modern SDLP has people quite of the calibre of Hume and Mallon, who did a real service to the people of Ireland.
but for the tactical voting of unionists around markethill mallon wouldnt have lasted near as long as he did i'm open to hear what his great achievements were i cant think of one
What are your achievements then and we'll compare them with Mallon's?

I can think of 1: Mallon could master primary school spelling and punctuation.

Mallon: 1
lawnseed: 0
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Maguire01

Tom Elliott trending in Ireland. He really has dug a massive hole for himself.

lawnseed

Quote from: trileacman on May 08, 2011, 01:21:24 AM

What are your achievements then and we'll compare them with Mallon's?

I can think of 1: Mallon could master primary school spelling and punctuation.

Mallon: 1
lawnseed: 0
as yet i have not recieved the salary or the mandate that seamus mallon enjoyed for some time at the taxpayers expense. but if you consider pointing at dead cows for the gazette or getting ramps put on every road possible an achievement blah blah sure he was a great public representative i'm sure

Milltown Row2

He did not fcuk up the education system.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaffer

Lawnseed,  this is for you !

http://tinyurl.com/3zupnl2
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mylestheslasher

So is the final share of seats counted yet? Anyone care to post them up.

Minder

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 08, 2011, 10:34:19 AM

Final Result DUP 38, SF 29,UUP 16, SDLP 14, Alliance 8, Greens 1, TUV 1, Ind 1 #ae 11
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2011, 10:41:19 AM

Final Result DUP 38, SF 29,UUP 16, SDLP 14, Alliance 8, Greens 1, TUV 1, Ind 1 #ae 11

Is this what was expected? Did the DUP hammer SF (Using my system of course ;)) When will Marty take over from Peter?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

DUP didnt hammer Sinn Fein. They hammered the UUP though.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2011, 11:29:03 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2011, 10:41:19 AM

Is this what was expected? Did the DUP hammer SF (Using my system of course ;)) When will Marty take over from Peter?
The gap has effectively widened. SF went into the last Assembly with 28 (subsequently dropping to 27 with McHugh's defection) and the DUP with 36. So the DUP has widened the gap by 1 on the 2007 result, but it is essentially the same as when the Assembly was dissolved.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ziggysego on May 08, 2011, 12:08:51 PM
DUP didnt hammer Sinn Fein. They hammered the UUP though.

Was there not talk before this that SF were going to have enough to make Marty First Minister? What did SF need to make that happen?