six county elections 05/05/2011

Started by rossie mad, March 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on May 07, 2011, 11:34:04 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 07, 2011, 11:27:39 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 07, 2011, 11:06:55 PM
pretty much as i predicted, uup history, stoops scratching their empty heads. danny kennedy will probably join the dup soon its the only way out for him as tom idiot pushes the self destruct button, marty needs to get a new script though (coming across like peters bitch a little and i'm a fan of his) alliance doing well but the unionist tag wont attract many republicans no matter how they dress it up. elmer fudd allister is gonna be "a forn in da flash of sinn fein ira"... more likely to be a laughing stock for the dup and sinn fein he might as well go to stormont dressed as ronald mc donald. i had the shinners at the door but only once this election the last time i had them 3 times, all i got from the stoops as a text and no unionists at all. i think the shinners are absolutely exhausted canvassing over the last few months north and south so a good result for a tired team.
As you predicted? You predicted that "the stoops will cease to exist".
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=18677.msg924277#msg924277

Whilst they may have lost a few marginal seats and narrowly missed out on potential gains, they've pretty much held their vote.

that must be why some of them are looking maggie chewing gum head to quit. good to see tomas burns will have more time on his hands to go inspecting 'our' troops in afganistan :D
I'm not arguing about the leadership debate, just pointing out your bluff about your predictions.

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on May 07, 2011, 11:31:32 PM
I suspect the council elections will give us a better indication of the current state of the various Parties Maguire.
Do you see them being significantly different to the Assembly ones? Would most people not be voting for the same parties on both ballot papers?

Maguire01

What happened Eamonn McCann's vote as well? He was well tipped to threaten the third SDLP seat in Foyle - I didn't even hear any suggestion that he was in the running at all.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 07, 2011, 11:40:48 PM
pretty much as i predicted, uup history, stoops scratching their empty heads. danny kennedy will probably join the dup soon its the only way out for him as tom idiot pushes the self destruct button, marty needs to get a new script though (coming across like peters bitch a little and i'm a fan of his) alliance doing well but the unionist tag wont attract many republicans no matter how they dress it up. elmer fudd allister is gonna be "a forn in da flash of sinn fein ira"... more likely to be a laughing stock for the dup and sinn fein he might as well go to stormont dressed as ronald mc donald. i had the shinners at the door but only once this election the last time i had them 3 times, all i got from the stoops as a text and no unionists at all. i think the shinners are absolutely exhausted canvassing over the last few months north and south so a good result for a tired team.

Whilst they may have lost a few marginal seats and narrowly missed out on potential gains, they've pretty much held their vote.

that must be why some of them are looking maggie chewing gum head to quit. good to see tomas burns will have more time on his hands to go inspecting 'our' troops in afganistan :D
I'm not arguing about the leadership debate, just pointing out your bluff about your predictions.
well sure forget what i predicted lets hear what the stoops themselves say about this election result. surely if they think of it as a victory they wouldnt be hinting at getting rid of maggie with her two jobs. you may have missed it but she blew it on the leaders debate with her sniping at david forde calling him a lapdog poor judgement when some of her party colleagues need alliance transfers
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:02:04 AM

well sure forget what i predicted lets hear what the stoops themselves say about this election result. surely if they think of it as a victory they wouldnt be hinting at getting rid of maggie with her two jobs. you may have missed it but she blew it on the leaders debate with her sniping at david forde calling him a lapdog poor judgement when some of her party colleagues need alliance transfers
Who's calling it a victory?

Minder

Lawnseed- I don't think anyone in SDLP will be talking about the elections as a "victory" but you were miles away with your prediction of SDLP ceasing "to exist". Obviously Richie is doing them no favours as leader and they need to regroup but there are nationalists that will never, ever vote for Sinn Fein.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:02:04 AM

Forgive my ignorance but where did the word stoop come from and what does it mean?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lawnseed

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2011, 12:07:04 AM
Lawnseed- I don't think anyone in SDLP will be talking about the elections as a "victory" but you were miles away with your prediction of SDLP ceasing "to exist". Obviously Richie is doing them no favours as leader and they need to regroup but there are nationalists that will never, ever vote for Sinn Fein.
So when you vote stoop exactly what are you voting for, the anti sinn fein party? because thats all the sdlp have become theyre alliance with a small A

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on May 08, 2011, 12:19:17 AM
So when you vote stoop exactly what are you voting for, the anti sinn fein party? because thats all the sdlp have become theyre alliance with a small A
People have long memories and there are obviously people out there (although obviously not as many as previously) that feel uneasy about voting for a party comprised of what they would see as gangsters and murderers. Not all Catholics were cheering for the Ra when they blew up Enniskillen etc.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2011, 12:24:38 AM
People have long memories and there are obviously people out there (although obviously not as many as previously) that feel uneasy about voting for a party comprised of what they would see as gangsters and murderers. Not all Catholics were cheering for the Ra when they blew up Enniskillen etc.

Why did you need it spelt out?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

armaghniac

It is also perfectly credible to believe that the SDLP are more effective nationalists than the rather crass carry on of Sinn Féin, who are not typical of the Irish people generally. Softly softly catchee monkey and all that.

One of the notable things about the recent election count were media interviews by Marty and Jeffrey Donaldson that could have been taken from John Hume's speeches, with talk of "working together for the shared future of our people". I am not sure that the modern SDLP has people quite of the calibre of Hume and Mallon, who did a real service to the people of Ireland.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Leo

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2011, 12:29:31 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2011, 12:24:38 AM

Why did you need it spelt out?

Because it needs to be spelt out - constantly, I suppose.

I am a Tone Republican, therefore SDLP get my vote as better representing those pure republican ideals in name and in practice than any shinner, now or in the past. I am proud that I have unionist firiends who know my politcs as I know theirs. For years we have argued the bit on this without the need to plant a bomb under their cars.
So _ pause to think whether I could abandon those principles to vote for the shinners .....
that is a higher ideal than simply an anti-SF vote.
Fierce tame altogether

lawnseed

Quote from: armaghniac on May 08, 2011, 12:45:07 AM
It is also perfectly credible to believe that the SDLP are more effective nationalists than the rather crass carry on of Sinn Féin, who are not typical of the Irish people generally. Softly softly catchee monkey and all that.

One of the notable things about the recent election count were media interviews by Marty and Jeffrey Donaldson that could have been taken from John Hume's speeches, with talk of "working together for the shared future of our people". I am not sure that the modern SDLP has people quite of the calibre of Hume and Mallon, who did a real service to the people of Ireland.
but for the tactical voting of unionists around markethill mallon wouldnt have lasted near as long as he did i'm open to hear what his great achievements were i cant think of one

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Chief Whip

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2011, 12:15:52 AM

Forgive my ignorance but where did the word stoop come from and what does it mean?

Milltown, the sdlp have long been satiracally referred to as the Stoop Down Low Party, hence the term 'stoops', not sure exactly when this came to prominence but they have been referred to as 'stoops' by their detractors for some time now