six county elections 05/05/2011

Started by rossie mad, March 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 07, 2011, 05:19:33 PM
Poor Tom has lost the plot!!

Looking for the TUV vote by the looks of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Is this still on?? How difficult is it to count?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maguire01

Some terrible results for the SDLP. Despite pretty much holding their percentage, which isn't bad on a low turnout, they've lost out on final seats by very small margains - Fermanagh South Tyrone, Strangford, North Antrim, South Antrim - all seats that could have gone either way and made a massive difference. And many of those lost seats going to the DUP/UUP.

It would be good if it prompted a change in leadership, but it doesn't really look like it's on the cards at the minute - difficult to see who'd stick their neck out.

Fot Nationalism, probably down a number of seats and no evidence of increase in percentage terms. And no sign of any of the predicted 'bounce' from the Dail elections. Would surely be foolish for either SF or the SDLP to make any noises on a referendum in the next term now.

Maguire01

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2011, 05:35:07 PM
Is this still on?? How difficult is it to count?
I'd expect we'll see a resignation from the electoral office on the back of this.
And there's more to come with the Council elections!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 07, 2011, 05:42:13 PM
Some terrible results for the SDLP. Despite pretty much holding their percentage, which isn't bad on a low turnout, they've lost out on final seats by very small margains - Fermanagh South Tyrone, Strangford, North Antrim, South Antrim - all seats that could have gone either way and made a massive difference. And many of those lost seats going to the DUP/UUP.

It would be good if it prompted a change in leadership, but it doesn't really look like it's on the cards at the minute - difficult to see who'd stick their neck out.

Fot Nationalism, probably down a number of seats and no evidence of increase in percentage terms. And no sign of any of the predicted 'bounce' from the Dail elections. Would surely be foolish for either SF or the SDLP to make any noises on a referendum in the next term now.

As you have said it will be put to bed for a bit, Disappointing as it would have been interesting to see how that would end up.

The low turn out has hit all parties and SF normally get their vote out so why have they done not as well as predicted? (So far)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaffer

So much for Marty becoming First Minister,

Not even nearly !!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Gaffer

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on May 07, 2011, 05:08:52 PM
Tom Elliott at the count - "flags of a foreign land" and "Sinn Fein scum"  :o

Just seen that on BBC site. What an arsehole.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on May 07, 2011, 06:37:08 PM

Kept at it when Paul Clark interviewed him afterwards. He said of Gerry Kelly "an ex-IRA man, well he could still be in it for all I know". In fairness Nigel Dodds agreed with him about the "foreign flag".

Gaffer

Quote from: Minder on May 07, 2011, 06:40:40 PM

Kept at it when Paul Clark interviewed him afterwards. He said of Gerry Kelly "an ex-IRA man, well he could still be in it for all I know". In fairness Nigel Dodds agreed with him about the "foreign flag".

In fairness????????  Dodds didn t condemn the 'scum'statement. Got out of it by suggesting there may have been provacation beforehand, He had no reason to suggesting that at all.

Will  probably congrat the Fermanagh munchie at Stormont next week

RealSpiritof98

Let this fool no-one, the vast majority of Unionists want to see the nationalist people back in the 70s with no say, no rights and no chance.

Yes I know Evil Genius will reply with 10 different replies to my statement in nought point three seconds, just like he has commented on Elliots behaviour (yeah right)  ::)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: amallon on May 07, 2011, 06:06:26 PM
Elliot is toast

And the UUP are meant to be the moderate face of unionism. :D

Minder

Quote from: Gaffer on May 07, 2011, 06:52:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 07, 2011, 06:40:40 PM

In fairness????????  Dodds didn t condemn the 'scum'statement. Got out of it by suggesting there may have been provacation beforehand, He had no reason to suggesting that at all.

Will  probably congrat the Fermanagh munchie at Stormont next week

The point I was making was Nigel Dodds wouldn't be a kick in the hole from someone like Elliott in terms of views but it will be lost in the furore over Elliott. Him and Gerry Kelly can sit and congratulate each other all they want and play great mates, and some are taken in by it, but Dodds is the sort that would like to spend his life with his boot on the neck of a Catholic.

Cde

some cheek,  a UDR thug to call anybody scum