six county elections 05/05/2011

Started by rossie mad, March 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2011, 11:59:55 PM
This election might show if SF have maxed out their vote last time.

Hard to tell with a low turnout, they could maybe get more hunted out the next time.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 07, 2011, 12:08:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2011, 11:41:30 PM
I see Pat Sheehan (good mate of mine) hasn't got in on the first vote in West Belfast, Maskey and McCann in on first vote. Pat Took over from Gerry, I thought he would have got in on first vote

Is Pat Took related to his namesake Barry?

The English police are out.   :-* :-*

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on May 07, 2011, 12:18:39 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2011, 12:03:52 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 06, 2011, 11:53:53 PM
I see Pat Sheehan (good mate of mine) hasn't got in on the first vote in West Belfast, Maskey and McCann in on first vote. Pat Took over from Gerry, I thought he would have got in on first vote
Something just doesn't read right there. Gerry Adams isn't running anymore. Pat Sheehan is a new candidate for Sinn Fein.

Did i say Gerry was running for a seat in West Belfast?
No, you didn't. It is a bit much to say that he (Barry) Took over from Gerry Adams though, imo. He is a political newbie.

Who's Barry?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2011, 12:13:42 AM

Nah, he was tooking the piss! 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 07, 2011, 12:23:57 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2011, 12:13:42 AM

Nah, he was tooking the piss!

No shit Sherlock, he's hilarious. I love his wit

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Orangemac

Quote from: hardstation on May 06, 2011, 11:06:29 PM
Bucko in West Tyrone has a "Sweet Child of Mine" ringtone. He's about 50. Grim.
Was that not the electoral officer? Welcome to the Jungle would have been more appropriate. Seems like a complete farce in Omagh all day.

Maguire01

Latest on Twitter feed is that Alliance transfers will ensure 2 UUP and 1 SDLP in Upper Bann and SF to miss out on second seat.

gallsman

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 07, 2011, 12:03:40 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13319638
Worth a watch!

He couldn't come across as any more of a w**ker. Round about 40 seconds in there's a faint shout of "No Surrender"  :D :D :D

armaghniac

The only talking point in this election is whether unionist parties get more than 50% of the vote.
Presently SF + SDLP are about 41.1% and neither side parties (Alliance etc) are about 9.5%, so it seems that they will not. Although turnout is low everywhere, there might still be some turnout effects whereas turnout was lowest in E Antrim and higher West of the Bann.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

So for you its the prod taig head count?? Classy

Ulick

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

The Worker

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 07, 2011, 12:42:15 AM
Latest on Twitter feed is that Alliance transfers will ensure 2 UUP and 1 SDLP in Upper Bann and SF to miss out on second seat.

Apologies, the last time i checked http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/election2011/constituency/html/36724.stm they had McGibbon elected.

Interesting that SF take more than twice the votes of SDLP in this and end up with the same number of seats.