Started by redandblackareback, March 21, 2011, 03:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2011, 01:43:40 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 22, 2011, 01:36:51 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2011, 01:29:34 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 22, 2011, 01:23:53 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 21, 2011, 08:20:01 PM
Not clear either on the rationale for people having Cavan above Antrim; the former are the bottom of Division 3 and the latter at the bottom of Division 2.

Cavan have played 4/5 league games away,so its probably not a fair reflection.
Although i see your point,i wouldnt say there would be much of a difference in the two sides at the moment.
Antrim dont seem to be going well at all,which is suprising.
I think there is a major gulf in class between Divisions 2 and 3.

There is a huge gulf in class no doubt.
On the otherhand,id be fairly confident Cavan wouldnt get turned over by 9/10 points at home against Sligo.
I could see why Antrim-heads would be aggrieved at being placed at number 8 in the Ulster pecking order.
I think that's very easy to say.

That was a very suprising result for me as Sligo never really beat anyone by big scores.

Banana Man

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2011, 02:10:04 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on March 22, 2011, 02:05:09 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 22, 2011, 02:01:01 PM
It has to be said that Ulster football is at its lowest ebb since the eighties!

why does it have to be said??? that's a load of balls, so you are saying it was better in the eighties than it was in the ninties when the province won 4 all irelands to 0
No.

ok i took it up wrong but i still don't see how you can say it's at such a low ebb

passedit

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 22, 2011, 02:01:01 PM
It has to be said that Ulster football is at its lowest ebb since the eighties!

Tefal head, you are either very young or so old you're getting forgetful. Go and look up how many times between 1996 and 2000 a team from Ulster beat one from another province in championship.
In the last three completed championships Ulster has produced a winner and a finalist, throughout the seventies and eighties ulster teams won a grand total of two championship games outside the province (Both v Connacht opposition) so things aren't that bad just yet.
Don't Panic

armaghniac

Passedit is correct. However, there were no qualifiers in the 1990s, the Ulster champions last year did not progress, nor indeed did the Ulster champions progress most years in the present decade.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 22, 2011, 02:06:03 PM
I think in serious competition Antrim would run Monaghan close and that Derry, Donegal, Armagh and Down would regularly beat them both.
What rubbish. On what basis do you make such claims?
Monaghan have beaten Derry at least as often as Derry have beaten Monaghan in the recent past (including the last meeting in last year's league). And they're playing in Division 2 and probably will be next year as well.
Can't remember the last time Donegal beat Monaghan. Their current form is inconsistent against other division 2 teams.
Monaghan beat Armagh by 12 points less than 12 months ago and Armagh got a lucky win against Monaghan only a few weeks ago. Very little between these two teams.
We've only played Down once recently, last week. Although they're probably a bit above the other three.