BBC iplayer - How do you watch it down here?

Started by Denn Forever, March 21, 2011, 02:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I was wondering if there was anyway to watch it when you are not in the jurisdiction?  Was watching Hibernian Folk at the BBC Friday night and Sharon Shannon was on it.  She was playing a jig but I heard it from the other room and missed what it was called.  Anyone see it and do you know the name?

Great show.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

take_yer_points

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 21, 2011, 02:21:40 PM
I was wondering if there was anyway to watch it when you are not in the jurisdiction?  Was watching Hibernian Folk at the BBC Friday night and Sharon Shannon was on it.  She was playing a jig but I heard it from the other room and missed what it was called.  Anyone see it and do you know the name?

Great show.

Think it might be "Tune for a found harmonium" - had it recorded and just forwarded through there to get the name of it

Denn Forever

means what he says...

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 21, 2011, 02:21:40 PM

Great show.

Try this here     http://www.identitycloaker.com/

I am in the states and my cousin in the north told me he knows someone in France who uses this for Ireland Only region braodcasts online. I will start using this at the weekend and see if it works.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Carmen Stateside

I have been using this site this last year or so to access BBC player, RTE player. Costs me $10 a month, but during the summer its well worth it for championship games on RTE and TV3 players. https://www.overplay.net/
It was actually someone on here who gave me the site last year and it has never gave me any problems.

illdecide

Small print says "Mexican's need not apply" ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gallsman

illdecide

gallsman

illdecide

paco

Apologies if I've missed an existing thread on this topic, but are BBC iplayer, Sky go, 4 on demand and such online services available in Europe?

Denn Forever

4OD and UTViPlayer can be watched in the Rep. so maybe they can be watched in Europe.  You may need a Proxy thingy for BBC and Sky.
means what he says...

Shortso79

if you have a playstation - u should be able to watch it on it

Eamonnca1

I use Overplay. Opens up a world of region-restricted content.

paco

Sorry for bringing this up again, but has anybody outside the UK tried this ExPat shield thing for watching all the on-demand channels from back home?

http://www.watch-bbc-iplayer.com/?gclid=CNaL2JT53K4CFc4LtAodZyKFZQ