Leadership community failure in the North

Started by heganboy, March 21, 2011, 12:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 21, 2011, 01:17:52 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 21, 2011, 01:11:27 PM
They were all happy when they were guaranteed jobs in the shipyard, or Shorts, or Daddy's business, or the Police, or UDR or British Army. Whereas caflicks had ingrained in them that they had to work hard to get an office job.

The recent soccer match between St Marys CBS and Boys Model is a clear illustration of the old Paisleyite mopery attitude that still exists. He hasnt gone away you know.
What's the story here Orior? I knew there was boxing but assumed it was just regular post-match fisticuffs.

At the end of the match a couple of Boys Model pupils and some parents got laid into one or two St Mary's players. The head of St Mary's called the police, and two puplis from Boys Model have been suspended.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/school-football-brawl-two-model-boys-suspended-15119135.html

Of course it was sectarian, but they wont admit that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

What is a mass brawl called when two Gaelic teams get stuck into each other after a match? Tribal? these things kick off all the time, handbags and I've seen worse at a local ladies football match.

Talking to one of the lads after the match, said it was no big deal, over-reaction. they were winding up the Model after scoring the winner (as you would) and it kicked off.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lawnseed

david irvine to his credit did try to highlight these lads plight apart form him its been sinn fein who have been pushing for help for them- mainly catriona, and shes getting no support from the politicians who are elected to represent them. having said that the schools are there, many kids do well out of them its their own choice- hoodies and hanging around or 4 years in college a huge student loan and then hoodies and hanging around..  ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

oakleafgael

Quote from: lawnseed on March 21, 2011, 08:57:07 PM
david irvine to his credit did try to highlight these lads plight apart form him its been sinn fein who have been pushing for help for them- mainly catriona, and shes getting no support from the politicians who are elected to represent them. having said that the schools are there, many kids do well out of them its their own choice- hoodies and hanging around or 4 years in college a huge student loan and then hoodies and hanging around..  ::)

Whilst I have no doubt Ruane's and Sinn Fein's intentions regarding education are in the right place there is no doubt they have made a complete balls of the thing.

lawnseed

Quote from: oakleafgael on March 21, 2011, 09:05:45 PM
David Irvine to his credit did try to highlight these lads plight apart form him its been sinn fein who have been pushing for help for them- mainly Catriona, and shes getting no support from the politicians who are elected to represent them. having said that the schools are there, many kids do well out of them its their own choice- hoodies and hanging around or 4 years in college a huge student loan and then hoodies and hanging around..  ::)

Whilst I have no doubt Ruane's and Sinn Fein's intentions regarding education are in the right place there is no doubt they have made a complete balls of the thing.
oakleaf it seems that you are blaming sinn fein for these kids lack of education. firstly to do any thing in stormont you need cross party support, secondly they have their own mlas who don't give a rats ass because they are gonna get in no matter what. the only thing sinn fein/republicans did to mess it up for the prods was to come in the democratic process thus negating the need for a huge security presence and all the ancillary industry that goes with it where they would have been guaranteed jobs

oakleafgael

Quote from: lawnseed on March 21, 2011, 09:32:03 PM
David Irvine to his credit did try to highlight these lads plight apart form him its been sinn fein who have been pushing for help for them- mainly Catriona, and shes getting no support from the politicians who are elected to represent them. having said that the schools are there, many kids do well out of them its their own choice- hoodies and hanging around or 4 years in college a huge student loan and then hoodies and hanging around..  ::)

oakleaf it seems that you are blaming sinn fein for these kids lack of education. firstly to do any thing in stormont you need cross party support, secondly they have their own mlas who don't give a rats ass because they are gonna get in no matter what. the only thing sinn fein/republicans did to mess it up for the prods was to come in the democratic process thus negating the need for a huge security presence and all the ancillary industry that goes with it where they would have been guaranteed jobs

Lawnseed,

You have missed my point, which is deviating from this topic, and more generally about the balls that Ruane has made of getting rid of the transfer test. The Unionist politiicians have never given a damn about the working classes and relied on rabble rousing to secure their votes in the past and this continues still.

dillinger

Quote from: Banana Man on March 21, 2011, 02:13:38 PM
that's why the DUP are crying about 50/50 recruitment still in place in the PSNI, for too long, the lads just walked into cushy jobs with the RUC on a ration of 92/8, 50/50 reduces the odds too much, hence the squealing match

How many Prods are in the Garda?

boojangles

Quote from: dillinger on March 21, 2011, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on March 21, 2011, 02:13:38 PM
that's why the DUP are crying about 50/50 recruitment still in place in the PSNI, for too long, the lads just walked into cushy jobs with the RUC on a ration of 92/8, 50/50 reduces the odds too much, hence the squealing match

How many Prods are in the Garda?

What is the percentage of Protestants in the South?
Whats the percentage of Catholics in the North?
Hardly a like for like argument now is it?

dillinger

2006 figures, 12 Prods in the Garda ;) i MAKE THAT 0.1% Something wrong there i would say.

Ulick

Quote from: dillinger on March 21, 2011, 10:12:14 PM
2006 figures, 12 Prods in the Garda ;)
That's  bullshit, show us the figures - and remember what was said earlier in the thread - the Newsletter doesn't count as a creditable source.

boojangles

You would think that. In truth though, most people don't give a flying what religion you are down here. Its a pity the same couldn't be said for the North.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ulick on March 21, 2011, 10:16:22 PM
That's  bullshit, show us the figures - and remember what was said earlier in the thread - the Newsletter doesn't count as a creditable source.

what would be a creditable source? Republican News
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dillinger

[/quote
Tell me different then. Can't show link at min. Friend of mine is a Guard in Droghada would confirm that's about right. He said that Guards used to give the Prods a hard time that so many left or would not join. Fair play to him he said it wouldn't happen in his station or he would knock the f**k out of them if they tried. I believe him there as he is a mean sod.

lawnseed

Quote from: oakleafgael on March 21, 2011, 09:36:24 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 21, 2011, 09:32:03 PM

Lawnseed,

You have missed my point, which is deviating from this topic, and more generally about the balls that Ruane has made of getting rid of the transfer test. The Unionist politiicians have never given a damn about the working classes and relied on rabble rousing to secure their votes in the past and this continues still.
there is no transfer test oakleaf. its just grammar schools trying to continue cherry picking the 'brightest kids' then saying when the 'brightest kids' get the best results how great their school is. this system is open to legal challange and its only a matter of time.
i was quite surprised to find out that the royal in armagh was openlying canvassing catholic primary schools and 26 county schools to boost their numbers of 'brighter kids' because otherwise they have to take lesser ability prod kids to keep up their head count and their results average would fall making them no different than ordinary secondary schools ands therefore not worth paying extra for.
with less kids in the system schools are pumping this stuff and trying to create myths instead of actually trying to eduacate properly any dummy could teach 'bright kids' they learn easily. whats making catronias efforts look bad is the fact that numbers are falling and some schools are closing

4father

Unionist politicians don't care about protestant working class communities - simple!  As long as they turn out to support them when they need to play the sectarianism card.