St Brigids can do it.

Started by Denn Forever, March 15, 2011, 01:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Signing out of here till whenever I get back. I wish both teams well and though I want us to win, I hope it is a good game with the sport the real winner. If we do not win it would be ok to lose to a team like St Brigids who have been steadily building an improving unit and now are a serious outfit. Good luck to all and see you when I get back!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 16, 2011, 04:41:44 PM
Signing out of here till whenever I get back. I wish both teams well and though I want us to win, I hope it is a good game with the sport the real winner. If we do not win it would be ok to lose to a team like St Brigids who have been steadily building an improving unit and now are a serious outfit. Good luck to all and see you when I get back!

Lucky Bastrad!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Same here about to sign out till i get back, hopefully the two good teams gives us a good game! hopefully our lads leave no stone unturned & not asking what if when it's over. this will be 7 time a Roscommon club team have made the final & the third different team to make it so who knows maybe third time lucky/seventh heaven??

Losing to Cross in the final would be like Roscommon losing to Dublin so I'll tip my hat to them if they win there 5th All Ireland.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2011, 03:07:14 PM
I couldn't agree more KM, you could have the club finals promoted in hotels and the like. There is a serious lack of imagination in these matters. Have cheap tickets for anyone producing a non Irish passport or ticket from abroad. There is always a certain sensitivity about promotions that give tourists lower prices than locals, the solution there is to give locals who attend some discount on another game, so that they do not feel discriminated against, e.g. free admission to the first club championship game this year.

Lots of the Ulster lads would get in cheap then and the men from Connacht oppressed again having to pay the full fare.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

clarshack

dont want to be accused of being anti-armagh or anti-cross or whatever but cross have won enough tbh, and i've never bought into this nonsense that you must always support an ulster team if you are from ulster.
it would give hope to every other club out there if st brigids won tomorrow.
there's nothing wrong with supporting the underdog no matter where they are from.

Rossie11

Best luck to bridgets. Think they have a huge chance. Things are going in the right direction for Roscommon football lately which should give bridgets the confidence that they can match up to Cross.

ziggy90

Quote from: ross4life on March 16, 2011, 07:55:12 PM

Same here about to sign out till i get back, hopefully the two good teams gives us a good game! hopefully our lads leave no stone unturned & not asking what if when it's over. this will be 7 time a Roscommon club team have made the final & the third different team to make it so who knows maybe third time lucky/seventh heaven??

Losing to Cross in the final would be like Roscommon losing to Dublin so I'll tip my hat to them if they win there 5th All Ireland.

+1
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ross4life on March 15, 2011, 03:58:41 PM
Thanks Denn Forever for re-dressing the balance but maybe the mods can make one thread for the match instead of two?

Anyways only question mark i have over the Brigids lads is how they will cope with the pressure of All Ireland final day/Croke park

If they play like i know they can then dreams can become true.

Read a good a piece in the local paper today from Roscommon legend Gerry O'Malley (now 82 years young) he said... I've been going to the club finals for 30 years and i often thought what it would be like to see a club from our parish in the final. Clann na nGael were there a number of times and we were all behind them, I've seen it all. i saw Roscommon win Senior,Minor & under 21 All irelands & if i see St Brigid's win the All Ireland I'd die a happy man.

Best of luck guys let's make March 17th St. Brigid's day!

Great to see Gerry O'Malley is still with us and I sincerely hope he has good reason to feel happy this afternoon.  I can just about recall the end of his playing career and he was a true legend in every sense of the word.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sammymaguire

Brigids are doing it... good first half in HQ

But failed in the end
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

armaghniac

Brigid's gave it a right lash and have honour in defeat.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DrinkingHarp

St.Brigids played incredible, just not their day. Great game by both teams and there had to be only one winner.
Congrats to St Brigids to making the final and a great display, yet a bigger congrats to the rangers for the win.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

mannix

Is there something in the water that brings crossmaglen back so often?

spuds

Quote from: mannix on March 17, 2011, 10:52:00 PM
Is there something in the water that brings crossmaglen back so often?

They are still trying to run out the dirty diesel  :P
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

armaghniac

Senan Kilbride is a class player, any team with a target man of that class is always dangerous.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bogball XV

Quote from: ross4life on March 16, 2011, 12:29:27 PM
I understand the biggest ever crowd for a All ireland club final in Croke park was around 35k, kerry mike is spot on the GAA should be trying to fill the place & tickets are indeed 25euro a 5 euro rise from last year.
fairly sure there was mid 40's there in 2004? for Caltra, Gaeltacht, Dunloy and Birr.  It might not be reflected cos they had to open the gates and let in the last 10 odd thousand for free.  I was in about 10 mins before that, raging!!
Prices are a disgrace, what was today's attendance?