Ladies Gaelic sports uniforms

Started by Eamonnca1, March 15, 2011, 06:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

That other thread got me thinking...

Pole vaulting:

Ladies Gaelic football:

Notice any difference in the style of outfit?  One is comfortable, modern looking and form-fitting while the other seems designed to hide the fact that women have curves?

Makes me wonder who designs the cut of ladies football and camogie uniforms. How come girls get to look good in every sport in the world, unless they're playing Gaelic games in which case they have to look like inmates at a Magdalene laundry?

I'm not saying we should switch to beach volleyball styles, but FFS look at indoor volleyball, it looks good without being too revealing:

And don't get me started on tennis, they're putting us to shame!

Maybe O'Neill's should hire Paul Galvin. I'm sure he could add a bit of spice into ladies football and camogie gear.

The Claw

interesting one. My initial reaction was that women would go mad at seeing this thread but I'd say female GAA players would actually be in favour of more form fitting gear.

illdecide

I'll tell ya why they wear O'Neills gear because about 40% of them are the size and shape of wildebeest and that wouldn't look to hot in Lycra/spandex ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Claw on March 15, 2011, 03:42:54 PM
interesting one. My initial reaction was that women would go mad at seeing this thread but I'd say female GAA players would actually be in favour of more form fitting gear.

Women love form-fitting gear. I see it all the time, when they're out running they can't wait to get showing off how much weight they've lost. It's not like they're on teams and have to wear what's handed to them, this is what they choose to wear!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: illdecide on March 15, 2011, 04:26:57 PM
I'll tell ya why they wear O'Neills gear because about 40% of them are the size and shape of wildebeest and that wouldn't look to hot in Lycra/spandex ;)

Dunno if it's as high as 40% but if the outfits were a bit more revealing then it'd concentrate their minds and get them to hit that treadmill, go easy on the spuds, and shift a bit of weight.

And another thing, think of the bigger crowds you'd get at camogie and ladies football matches if the girls actually looked like something! Let's face it, there's a decent share of the Wimbledon ladies singles audience who don't watch it for the sporting interest!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Eamonnca1

Well? Do we have any women reading this thread?

The Claw

I think we should start a petition, these loose fitting uniforms are not fair to females  >:(

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Claw on March 16, 2011, 11:54:50 PM
I think we should start a petition, these loose fitting uniforms are not fair to females  >:(
I agree.