Laois v Tyrone Sat 19th March 7.30pm in Port Laoise

Started by Fuzzman, March 14, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

It looks like we need to win our last two and hope that Derry and Laois drop points in they're last two fixtures. Or hope that Donegal lose their last two games, which is the less likely option.

Not sure of score difference compared to Laois but I'm certain we are much better off than Derry and less well off compared to Donegal.

Edit: forgot to include Kildare who are in the mix if they win today. Also it's head to head results if only two teams are involved and scoring difference if more than two involved.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 20, 2011, 12:13:40 PM
Good win at a venue where Tyrone teams have struggled in recent times,seems McGuigan had the shooting boots on last night.

He did indeed, scored a few beauties.

Good win last night, considering too that none of the U21s was involved (due to their mid-week exertions).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

goal 10

Well i did tell you from my earlier post that there was no need to be worried about playing laois were not up your stander,
I was sitting beside nice Tyrone people last night,so i would like a to hear from you, your honest opinion of this laois team.

ONeill

Going by the wireless coverage (sound), there seemed to be a large enough Tyrone support there?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: goal 10 on March 20, 2011, 07:37:34 PM
I was sitting beside nice Tyrone people last night,so i would like a to hear from you, your honest opinion of this laois team.

I must have been beside you then  ;)

Overall I thought Laois lacked a cutting edge and didn't have the craft to carve scores out in their final third -- and the fact that your defenders picked off so many points in the second-half would support that notion I'd say; Padráig Clancy not the force he once was in the middle of the park either.

Quote from: ONeill on March 20, 2011, 11:37:16 PM
Going by the wireless coverage (sound), there seemed to be a large enough Tyrone support there?

Aye, big enough Tyrone crowd there -- only the Stand was near full in O'Moore but sound-level wise we were the equal of the Laois crowd.

Final Whistle

Its a shame that those who have taken great pleasure lambasting the Tyrone team as being past, and criticising Colm Cavanagh to boot can not find the humility to give praise where praise is due.

Fear ón Srath Bán

A word about Colm Cav FW: he showed great bravery I thought in standing his ground to connect with Mc Guigan's sublime ball in, to score that goal. He knew he was bound to take a hit from the onrushing keeper, and indeed a hit he took that kept him prostrate for 3 minutes.

rrhf

I wouldnt take it badly like that FW although theres some idiots about.  I think most sensible Tyrone supporters would appreciate Colums increased role over the last year and wouldnt want to be without him.  Some would even argue that last year he was a better footballer than Sean, but this year the power is definitely back..   

Final Whistle

Quote from: rrhf on March 21, 2011, 03:20:39 PM
I wouldnt take it badly like that FW although theres some idiots about.  I think most sensible Tyrone supporters would appreciate Colums increased role over the last year and wouldnt want to be without him.  Some would even argue that last year he was a better footballer than Sean, but this year the power is definitely back..   

Not just Cavanagh but in the three months of 2011 we have seen posters retiring this Tyrone team, labelling them as not being able to cut the mustard. I prefer to reserve judgement until September and even then my judgement will take into account that we have been blessed with unbelieveable talent and real winners this last 8/9 years. Sometimes the demanding nature of our following forget what it was like to be an also ran.

Redhand Santa

Would agree with some of the comments about a section of Tyrone "supporters". There is an element who love to be negative and you'd nearly think they wait for a bad performance before commenting on the team.  Harte in particular gets a lot of unfair stick.  People have to understand no matter how good he is Tyrone won't win the All Ireland every year.

It was another encouraging display on Saturday night and it's good to see a steady improvement. One of the big positives is the shape that some of the senior players are in. McGuigan, Ricey, Hughes and Cavanagh are playing as well as they have in a couple of years. O'Neill is far from his best but although things didn't really work for him on Saturday night he did win plenty of ball. If he can stay injury free and get games behind him there is no doubt he will be a major player come the summer.

There's very little word of Dooher. Is he still injured or resting? Will be interesting to see how he's used this year.

nrico2006

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 21, 2011, 10:10:36 PM
Would agree with some of the comments about a section of Tyrone "supporters". There is an element who love to be negative and you'd nearly think they wait for a bad performance before commenting on the team.  Harte in particular gets a lot of unfair stick.  People have to understand no matter how good he is Tyrone won't win the All Ireland every year.

It was another encouraging display on Saturday night and it's good to see a steady improvement. One of the big positives is the shape that some of the senior players are in. McGuigan, Ricey, Hughes and Cavanagh are playing as well as they have in a couple of years. O'Neill is far from his best but although things didn't really work for him on Saturday night he did win plenty of ball. If he can stay injury free and get games behind him there is no doubt he will be a major player come the summer.

There's very little word of Dooher. Is he still injured or resting? Will be interesting to see how he's used this year.

I think the key for SON is to get games on a consistent basis, as last year and the year before he missed the League and had no games before the Championship.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Radda bout yeee

Good to see Tyrone making headway - It'll be a big ask to get Sam back but I suppose we could build up a head of steam and come good just at the right time.
Some positives from the season so far but still some negatives. McGuigan seems to be getting back to his best, think Cassidy could be vital in the summer if he keeps getting game time, goof is putting in some effort to be fair to him, tyrone NEED to keep sean C's head right or tyrone won't go anywhere (in terms of AI) but signs look good. Need to find replacements for D Harte & possibly Gormley.
Thats IMO!

Final Whistle

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 22, 2011, 10:05:34 AM
Good to see Tyrone making headway - It'll be a big ask to get Sam back but I suppose we could build up a head of steam and come good just at the right time.
Some positives from the season so far but still some negatives. McGuigan seems to be getting back to his best, think Cassidy could be vital in the summer if he keeps getting game time, goof is putting in some effort to be fair to him, tyrone NEED to keep sean C's head right or tyrone won't go anywhere (in terms of AI) but signs look good. Need to find replacements for D Harte & possibly Gormley.
Thats IMO!

Do you think Fat Philly Flick could come in for Harte on the wing Radda?

Radda bout yeee

No i don't! I was thinking more like ronan mcnabb, sean o'neill, Peter Harte, D McCaul.

up tyrone

Quote from: Final Whistle on March 22, 2011, 10:25:28 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 22, 2011, 10:05:34 AM
Thats IMO!
Some of the criticism gormley is getting here is nothing short of disgrace.For me he`s still tyrones best defender he`s always up against the best forward on the other team,hes always on a loose loose b4 he starts.Theirs 2 many people on here who havent kicked a ball in their life  wouldnt appreciate how important he is to the tyrone team.

Do you think Fat Philly Flick could come in for Harte on the wing Radda?