Brendan Smyth - a betrayal of trust

Started by micko12368, March 13, 2011, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micko12368

Is anyone watching this programme on BBC 1 at the minute? It would make your skin crawl as to what he got up to, i pity the poor children.

redhandloo

Quote from: micko12368 on March 13, 2011, 09:53:56 PM
Is anyone watching this programme on BBC 1 at the minute? It would make your skin crawl as to what he got up to, i pity the poor children.

Harrowing stuff. Would make you seriously question your faith
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

dillinger

Scary, family were fraid to go to the police

orangeman

ONeill

I thought the acting was absolute shit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Disgusting sick fcuker!! I'd string up those cnuts that did nothing and protected him.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

King Kenny

Quote from: redhandloo on March 13, 2011, 10:22:51 PM

Certainly harrowing.  What a horrible specimen of a human being.  But surely your faith,  if strong,  should withstand the images you watched tonight.  I would argue that your faith,  if you have such faith, should be able to overcome the actions of this vile person.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on March 13, 2011, 10:52:44 PM
It was A Hole in the Wall Gang production so be glad Red Hand Luke didn't make an appearance.

GalwayBayBoy

Funnily enough I thought the same thing. Only caught the last 15 minutes but the acting was like something out of an amateur dramatics society.

Up The Middle

Quote from: King Kenny on March 13, 2011, 11:56:22 PM
Quote from: redhandloo on March 13, 2011, 10:22:51 PM

Certainly harrowing.  What a horrible specimen of a human being.  But surely your faith,  if strong,  should withstand the images you watched tonight.  I would argue that your faith,  if you have such faith, should be able to overcome the actions of this vile person.

One vile person. It was a cover up by the whole Catholic religion, those who covered it up in my opinion are as bad as the tr**p that carried out the acts. He had been reported before and they did nothing and turned a blind eye when the family complained. Utterly disgusting that people in a position of trust could do this to unsuspecting children in their own home and at f**king school.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

johnneycool

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 14, 2011, 01:20:35 AM

Funnily enough I thought the same thing. Only caught the last 15 minutes but the acting was like something out of an amateur dramatics society.

especially the Da, god awful stuff altogether.

As for the accuracy of the story, I wonder did he actually have that interview with the RUC in 1991? If he did then it makes it even worse as the hoor was that deluded that it was a certainty that he'd continue to re offend.

Awful story being badly told.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on March 14, 2011, 09:29:50 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 14, 2011, 01:20:35 AM

especially the Da, god awful stuff altogether.

As for the accuracy of the story, I wonder did he actually have that interview with the RUC in 1991? If he did then it makes it even worse as the hoor was that deluded that it was a certainty that he'd continue to re offend.

Awful story being badly told.
I think the Da is the fella that did the "It's a big shopping centre in Balkymena, hi!" ads.

ONeill

Was interesting to read that the fellow playing Smyth put on something like 4 stone in a couple of months for the roll. He said he drank 12 pints of milkshakes and Guinness a day as well as a chinese before bed most nights.

Should've just hired Fearon as a body double.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

HiMucker

I know that priests who have committed abuse have went before the courts but has anyone from the catholic church been prosecuted for not reporting the crimes, with holding information and evidence stood trial yet?  As someone else pointed out, this is nearly as bad.  Terrible things happen when good people do nothing

Orior

Quote from: HiMucker on March 14, 2011, 12:38:41 PM
I know that priests who have committed abuse have went before the courts but has anyone from the catholic church been prosecuted for not reporting the crimes, with holding information and evidence stood trial yet?  As someone else pointed out, this is nearly as bad.  Terrible things happen when good people do nothing

That's been going on for centuries - think of the Inquisition.

Would you envisage setting up a team to hunt the culprits out - a bit like the Nazi hunters?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians