GAA Clubs on Facebook

Started by amallon, March 10, 2011, 10:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

WeeDonns

I just set up ours the other night, but not many have joined it yet as I havent put word out ( still trying to integrate it with articles etc on the website) but if you create a facebook page there is the option to select what age people 'liking' it must be. Its defaulted to 13 and I didn't change it as the child protection stuff never even entered my mind TBH. Think i'll change it now.
You can also set it that no1 can post on your page, that way you avoid those other problems and only have admins posting updates that go out to the wall of all the people that like your page

bennydorano

We get great use out of it tbh.  When we put ours up we registered as a 'company', no idea if this makes any difference.  We have a few moderators, one of our ladies has access for putting up info for the ladies football.  It really is self regulating, I've taken down a few nonsense posts, nothing more.  It is a fantastic medium for getting messages out quickly.

amallon

When I look at the group settings I can't find the place where you resitrict the age of those looking to 'like' things.  The settings on the group are very basic.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.