All-Ireland U21 Championship - Who would you pick out of the below ...

Started by Atticus_Finch, March 09, 2011, 04:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

19:00 Carlow U21 (1/19)   v    Kilkenny U21 (15/2)

19:00 Derry U21 (15/8)   v    Armagh U21 (8/15)

19:00 Meath U21 (1/4)   v    Longford U21 (4)

19:00 Westmeath (4/11)   v    Offaly U21 (11/4)

19:00 Wexford U21 (19/10)   v    Kildare U21 (8/15)   

19:30 Limerick U21 (8/15)   v    Clare U21 (2)   

19:30 Waterford U21 (15/4)   v    Tipperary U21 (1/4)

Out of all the competitions, there's normally a bit of value to be had with u-21 games.  A lot of the time that's because they represent unknown quantities for the bookies.

Take last time out for example, Dublin were red hot favourites to beat Meath and they got beat.

Anyone got any insight into any of the above games ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

supersub

Surely Westmeath would be too strong for an Offaly u21 side......

Atticus_Finch

Ha, well spotted supersub.  Took the grade out of that fixture by accident

put-it-up-again

Longford & Offally might be worth a small €5 double. Both are big outsiders but both have a few senior players and you just never know at this level.

Kildare 8/15 is a brilliant price - jump on that. Armagh should beat Derry aswell.

DuffleKing

randomtask

Atticus_Finch

I think the Armagh - Derry game could be tight enough but i'd be very surprised if Armagh don't prevail. I hope i'm wrong about that.

I know Armagh will be missing Morgan but still think they'd be too strong for the Derry team on show tonight.  I wouldn't know a whole lot about the two teams in fairness, but on paper i'd think that the Armagh half forward line would be too strong for Derry to cope with.

Dougal

tipp westmeath and carlow should all win tonight.

did a fairly big write up on tipp on a gambling site,but basically they have been in the last 4 munster finals,out of those 4 teams only one had done as well in the minor.this years u21 team brought kerry to a replay in the minor but lost the replay.tipp seem to be doing well at bringing players on from minor level to senior.they also hammered waterford by 10 points in the minor 3 years ago.

westmeath missing heslin but should still win despite a suprise offaly win in minor 3 years ago.beat laois the last day out without heslin aswell,although i hear laois were very poor

carlow will win tonight,they were the underdogs against wicklow in the first round,which was madness.was looking for a handicap market to see if there was much value in it but havent heard anything back,dead cert to boost a double.

they are my two main bets,and just threw carlow into the write up because its a dead cert

anyway predictions

19:00 Carlow U21 (1/19)   v    Kilkenny U21 (15/2)      carlow

19:00 Derry U21 (15/8)   v    Armagh U21 (8/15)      derry  dont know much bout either team other than armaghs is fairly young,derry are worth taking a risk on.

19:00 Meath U21 (1/4)   v    Longford U21 (4)       meath   longford not too bad this year but meath have a fair few good players and should win this one

19:00 Westmeath (4/11)   v    Offaly U21 (11/4)    westmeath

19:00 Wexford U21 (19/10)   v    Kildare U21 (8/15)      kildare     favourites for leinster and cant see them losing this one,but carlow might surprise them in the next round,all going well

19:30 Limerick U21 (8/15)   v    Clare U21 (2)        limerick   not sure about this one,think limerick only have one player starting tonight who started against clare in the minor 3 years ago,but going with them anyway.

19:30 Waterford U21 (15/4)   v    Tipperary U21 (1/4)   tipp

and that is probably no use to anyone as most games are just about to start.

Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up-again on March 09, 2011, 05:09:59 PM
Longford & Offally might be worth a small €5 double. Both are big outsiders but both have a few senior players and you just never know at this level.

Kildare 8/15 is a brilliant price - jump on that. Armagh should beat Derry aswell.

I hope you tip Fermanagh next week ;D

put-it-up-again

Quote from: boojangles on March 09, 2011, 10:55:35 PM
Quote from: put-it-up-again on March 09, 2011, 05:09:59 PM

I hope you tip Fermanagh next week ;D

Don't worry, I will  ;)

Can't believe Kildare lost, all the feedback I got was that they would piss past them. Fair play to Wexford though.

Suprised by the Derry result too but suppose with the way the prices were Derry were more than worth a punt and Im sure I wasn't the only one to try them in an accumulator.

On a brighter note for me personally, I did a 5e accumulator on Longford, Derry and Westmeath so I'm happy enougyh  ;D ;D

Feck Kildare though.

put-it-up-again

Shamrock Shore

QuoteBollix, I just realised Longford won after ET. W*nkers!

Hope you lost the house  >:(

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 10, 2011, 10:43:33 AM
QuoteBollix, I just realised Longford won after ET. W*nkers!

Hope you lost the house  >:(

And your drawer of orangeskins.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dougal

Quote from: Dougal on March 09, 2011, 06:56:10 PM

did a fairly big write up on tipp on a gambling site,but basically they have been in the last 4 munster finals,out of those 4 teams only one had done as well in the minor.this years u21 team brought kerry to a replay in the minor but lost the replay.tipp seem to be doing well at bringing players on from minor level to senior.they also hammered waterford by 10 points in the minor 3 years ago.

westmeath missing heslin but should still win despite a suprise offaly win in minor 3 years ago.beat laois the last day out without heslin aswell,although i hear laois were very poor

carlow will win tonight,they were the underdogs against wicklow in the first round,which was madness.was looking for a handicap market to see if there was much value in it but havent heard anything back,dead cert to boost a double.

they are my two main bets,and just threw carlow into the write up because its a dead cert

anyway predictions

19:00 Derry U21 (15/8)   v    Armagh U21 (8/15)      derry  dont know much bout either team other than armaghs is fairly young,derry are worth taking a risk on.

19:00 Meath U21 (1/4)   v    Longford U21 (4)       meath   longford not too bad this year but meath have a fair few good players and should win this one

19:00 Wexford U21 (19/10)   v    Kildare U21 (8/15)      kildare     favourites for leinster and cant see them losing this one,but carlow might surprise them in the next round,all going well

19:30 Limerick U21 (8/15)   v    Clare U21 (2)        limerick   not sure about this one,think limerick only have one player starting tonight who started against clare in the minor 3 years ago,but going with them anyway.

not a bad days tipping,the only 3 i got wrong went to extra time.hopefully i can keep this up for the rest of the u21s
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on March 10, 2011, 06:12:05 PM
Quote from: Dougal on March 09, 2011, 06:56:10 PM

anyway predictions

not a bad days tipping,the only 3 i got wrong went to extra time.hopefully i can keep this up for the rest of the u21s

Fair play. Good insight and info. Unfortunately Meath put paid to my bet. Ya really would wanna be backing whoever you fancy a day before these games. I couldn't get over how quick some teams were shortening yesterday. Mar Shampla... Westmeath went from 4/9 into 4/11 within an hour before throw-in. Tipp went from 1/5 to 1/7.

Dougal would you care to tell me what betting website you were writing on?? PM maybe.