Why the heroes welcome for the new taoiseach?

Started by SLIGONIAN, March 09, 2011, 02:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2011, 04:06:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 09, 2011, 02:58:59 PM
I am not following the election in the south very closely. But just looking at the pictures above, what the hell is going on.
Would anyone here in a business not be wearing a full suit. What sort of place is it that it wouldnt be regarded as a bad job to rock up in a pink shirt?

I just think if they are serious about turning the country around then should act and dress like serious individuals.

Might be a silly point among what is going on but it is an attitude thing.

I find it quite refreshing to see the ordinary Joe's is places of power and don't be fooled that someone in a suit is any more competent than anyone else.

hear hear

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Sligonian, isn't it because Fine Gael won, you don't like the result and your going to sulk. What makes it worse he is a Mayoman. O and you talk about getting a job again, it wasn't on Fine Gael's or a Mayoman's watch that you lost it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 09, 2011, 04:18:35 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 09, 2011, 03:04:33 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 09, 2011, 03:00:28 PM
Quote from: Sandino on March 09, 2011, 02:55:55 PM
If as you say you were picked to play for sligo because all others in you position were poor and in turn, Sligo went on to beat a very very poor Tyrone team in the final, would you not celebrate?
Kenny and fine gael could be worse than ff? Couldnt they? I'll celebrate when i can find a job in Ireland again, if fine gael quicken that process then i'll be happy but seeing these people celebrate this as an achivenment is a joke,

the game isnt even started for kenny yet is my point, hes celebrating getting jersey but i judge on performance and i hope he plays well but hes got the jersey by default as the alternative have proven to be shite and hes yet to be tested.

I presume you had a problem with every TD in the country celebrating a couple of weeks ago when they were declared elected?
And there was a lot more triumphalism then than there was shown today. They were actually remarking on RTÉ how muted the celebrations were in comparison to previous occasions.
the lifting of newly elected td's onto the shoulders really has to be done away with.  Absolutely ridiculous looking imo.

As for Enda, dear God but that was an awful speech, I actually thought it was a Mario Rosenstock skit when I was listening (actually, maybe I should check that it wasn't - too quick to judge him maybe).  On the presumption that it wasn't, he must be the least inspiring person on the island.

After the entire FF, DUP, SF, UKIP, Lefty parties, the Catholic Church, most of RTE & Ray D'Arcy perhaps.

ross4life

Maybe it was the first day nerves/anxiety but i thought Enda looked like the rabbit caught in the headlights today.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bogball XV

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 04:34:06 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on March 09, 2011, 04:18:35 PMthe lifting of newly elected td's onto the shoulders really has to be done away with.  Absolutely ridiculous looking imo.

As for Enda, dear God but that was an awful speech, I actually thought it was a Mario Rosenstock skit when I was listening (actually, maybe I should check that it wasn't - too quick to judge him maybe).  On the presumption that it wasn't, he must be the least inspiring person on the island.

After the entire FF, DUP, SF, UKIP, Lefty parties, the Catholic Church, most of RTE & Ray D'Arcy perhaps.
No, I took account of all those people, bar D'arcy, but even including him doesn't lead to me a different conclusion. 
If he wasn't from Mayo, I'm sure you'd agree with me.

Kerry Mike

QuoteMaybe it was the first day nerves/anxiety but i thought Enda looked like the rabbit caught in the headlights today.

Enda needs a further 30 mins to name his ministers , maybe Varadkar or one of the others has thrown the rattle out of the pram already!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 09, 2011, 04:51:18 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on March 09, 2011, 04:18:35 PMthe lifting of newly elected td's onto the shoulders really has to be done away with.  Absolutely ridiculous looking imo.

No, I took account of all those people, bar D'arcy, but even including him doesn't lead to me a different conclusion. 

I'm sure I wouldn't Bogball, I have met the man, I found him to be quite inspiring. My list still stands.

Bogball XV

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

I'm sure I wouldn't Bogball, I have met the man, I found him to be quite inspiring. My list still stands.
If you could put yourself in the hypothetical position that either you or he were not from Mayo, you'd know how most of the rest of us feel.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 09, 2011, 05:10:46 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

If you could put yourself in the hypothetical position that either you or he were not from Mayo, you'd know how most of the rest of us feel.

I may or may not rate him as highly, but he still would come ahead off my list. I would also have to factor out having met the man. There are very few people he does not win over in person.

Bogball XV

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 05:16:12 PMI may or may not rate him as highly, but he still would come ahead off my list. I would also have to factor out having met the man. There are very few people he does not win over in person.
We'll agree to disagree if that suits you, but you've got to acknowledge that in the face of all that has gone on here over the past few years, for him to head into an election with a lower approval rating than the FF leader was a bit perplexing.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 09, 2011, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 05:16:12 PMI may or may not rate him as highly, but he still would come ahead off my list. I would also have to factor out having met the man. There are very few people he does not win over in person.
We'll agree to disagree if that suits you, but you've got to acknowledge that in the face of all that has gone on here over the past few years, for him to head into an election with a lower approval rating than the FF leader was a bit perplexing.

Saddam Huessein could have got higher ratings based on the hatched job the Dublin based media has being doing on the man for years. They never wanted a Taoiseach from too far from the Pale and thats a fact.

deiseach

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 05:24:35 PM
They never wanted a Taoiseach from too far from the Pale and thats a fact.

No. It isn't.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 05:24:35 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on March 09, 2011, 05:18:59 PM

Saddam Huessein could have got higher ratings based on the hatched job the Dublin based media has being doing on the man for years. They never wanted a Taoiseach from too far from the Pale and thats a fact.

What about Cowen? Sure Clara's only about 14 mile from the Shannon. (Or Reynolds, Lynch, etc etc.)

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2011, 04:31:40 PM
Sligonian, isn't it because Fine Gael won, you don't like the result and your going to sulk. What makes it worse he is a Mayoman. O and you talk about getting a job again, it wasn't on Fine Gael's or a Mayoman's watch that you lost it.
Thats spin and rubbish, i think ive made my point in previous posts, if Enda kenny was from another party or county even Sligo i would say the same, celebrate when the job is done not beginning. As someone else said lifting up elected tds should be done away with imo.

And on the independents wardrobe, if a man talks sense and doesnt wear a suit does it change what he says, put in a idiot in a suit doesnt mean he'll be any good either.

Oh and lastly another speech from kenny there now with all great soundbites of honesty and fairness...well i'll hold you to do that enda.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Maguire01

Quote from: NAG1 on March 09, 2011, 02:58:59 PM
I am not following the election in the south very closely. But just looking at the pictures above, what the hell is going on.
Would anyone here in a business not be wearing a full suit. What sort of place is it that it wouldnt be regarded as a bad job to rock up in a pink shirt?

I just think if they are serious about turning the country around then should act and dress like serious individuals.

Might be a silly point among what is going on but it is an attitude thing.
Jacket and Tie expected in the Assembly.

Quote6 Parliamentary language and behaviour...

...men are expected to wear a jacket and tie during proceedings
http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/researchandlibrary/2011/2111.pdf