Ulster Minor Football League 2011 (includes result of 2012 Final)

Started by drici, March 07, 2011, 11:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballela-angel

Quote from: Hammer on April 17, 2011, 02:31:03 PM
Quote from: Highlander3 on April 17, 2011, 04:20:47 AM
Does anyone know if the College guys played for Down today?

Mooney, McArdle and Lively played, Ryan Johnson didn't, who else is underage from St.Colmans team?

I have a grand nephew on the team (Plays for the Abbey) - He told me yesterday that there are 6 Violet Hill lads on the team but one is injured - I don't have all their names
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

drici

Winnie Peg

Quote from: drici on April 16, 2011, 10:02:37 PM

Ulster Minor Football League Final
Armagh v Derry

Ulster Minor Shield For Weaker Counties Final
Donegal v Tyrone[/b]

:D :D :D :D :D :D

PAULD123

Quote from: Hammer on April 17, 2011, 02:31:03 PM
Quote from: Highlander3 on April 17, 2011, 04:20:47 AM
Does anyone know if the College guys played for Down today?

Mooney, McArdle and Lively played, Ryan Johnson didn't, who else is underage from St.Colmans team?

Jack Haughey is obviously underage as he is only 4th year. If NP76 is looking in then he probably knows which players qualify.

nrico2006

Quote from: drici on April 16, 2011, 10:02:37 PM

Ulster Minor Football League Final
Armagh v Derry

Ulster Minor Shield For Weaker Counties Final
Donegal v Tyrone

2 All Ireland Minor titles in 3 years, therefore I would hardly categorise Tyrone as a weaker county, moreso one who do not seem to have their best team available for the League and who tend to perform for championship.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

drici

ULSTER MINOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Cavan 1-15  Monaghan 1-06

Cavan may have lost their two opening games in the Ulster minor football league but they proved much too strong and effective for Monaghan to run out easy winners by nine points in a game that was a fairly one-sided affair in Breffni Park on Saturday.  Cavan totally dominated the first half and had the result more or less wrapped up by the break when they led by 1-11 to 0-2 and had they been a little more clinical in their finishing especially in the opening minutes that margin could indeed have been greater. Joe Dillon got the goal in the 15th minute with Cian McEnroe,
Michael Argue and Paul Graham accounting for the bulk of points.  Monaghan came a little bit more into the match in the second half but some very good defending by Cavan left scores at a premium and Monaghan were reduced to a few half chances. The goal they needed to get into the game meaningfully did arrive with six minutes of normal time remaining but that was leaving insufficient time to try and engineer a complete turnaround although that never looked a real possibility against a much sharper home side.  Adam Treanor got Monaghan's goal in the 24th minute and
might have had a second a minute into stoppage time but in truth Monaghan were a well beaten side on the day.

Teams and Scorers:
Cavan: Billy O'Meara, Brian Sankey, Killian Clarke, Ciaran Brady, Gerard Smith, Conor Moynagh, Patrick Carolan, Paul Graham 0-3, Liam Buchanan, Michael Argue 0-3, Joe Dillon 1-0, Gary Tubman 0-2, Cian McEnroe 0-3 (1f), Dara McVeety 0-2, Conor Finnegan. Subs: Darren Monaghan for L Buchanan, Andrew Graham 0-1 for D McVeety, Vincent Coyle 0-1 for G Tubman, Shane McKiernan for C McEnroe, Fergal Reilly for C Moynagh.

Monaghan:
Niall McShane, Cillian Cromwell, Jonathan McGuigan, Fergal Malone, Brian Greenan, Conor Boyle, Liam Savage, Paudie Mckenna, Patrick Finnegan, Michael Galligan 0-2 (1f), Mel Boyce, Gerard Graham, Thomas kerr 0-2 (1f), Fergal McGeough, Adam Treanor 1-2. Subs: Niall Greenan for G Graham, Killian Rudden for F McGeough, Lorcan Smyth for M Galligan, Ryan McKenna for F Malone

NP 76

Paul  Michael  Cunningham is the keeper from Castlewellan College had both the Armagh and Down minor keepers Jack Haughey not on the panel young enough yet

NP 76

Hardstation i was asked a question by paul 123 which i duly answered in my previous post if you had of read the previous ones you might ok known what was being discussed and would know (what the f**k it means) in your own words

time ticking away

Quote from: hardstation on April 20, 2011, 10:41:42 AM
Quote from: NP 76 on April 19, 2011, 09:50:49 PM
Paul  Michael  Cunningham is the keeper from Castlewellan College had both the Armagh and Down minor keepers Jack Haughey not on the panel young enough yet
What the fcuk does this mean?
i think there should probably be a full stop after castlewellan
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

PAULD123

Sorry to say Hardstation but I understood it clearly:

Michael Cunnighman from Castlewellan is the Down minor keeper

The College first choice keeper was McNeice from Armagh, with Cunnigham as 2nd choice

The College had both the Down & Armagh minor keepers in their squad.

NP76, I'm disappointed that Haughey didn't make it, what do you think? Wouldn't you think that his performances proved that he was good enough at this level? After all the McCrory actually has older lads than minors playing in it.

mountainboii

Quote from: hardstation on April 20, 2011, 10:41:42 AM
Quote from: NP 76 on April 19, 2011, 09:50:49 PM
What the fcuk does this mean?

Fairly straightforward hardstation.

There's a fella from Castlewellen College called Paul Michael Cunningham. He's had both the Armagh and Down keepers. This was not on (presumably NP 76's opinion). The Down keeper is Jack Haughey. The panel is young enough.

NP 76

Didnt know all posts had to be in perfectly written English but i know now . The man that asked the question understood thats all that matters . Must do a quick revision on my grammer and maybe get a dictionary just to make sure alot of other posters should do the same but then again no one is perfect.

PAULD123

Quote from: NP 76 on April 20, 2011, 11:32:29 AM
Didnt know all posts had to be in perfectly written English but i know now . The man that asked the question understood thats all that matters . Must do a quick revision on my grammer and maybe get a dictionary just to make sure alot of other posters should do the same but then again no one is perfect.

You've got to admit though, AFS interpretation was a bit funny

NP 76

Have to agree with you Paul AFS version was very funny . Bit with Hardstation too quickly just having one of them days where nothing is going to plan so the form not good . Think Haughey a bit young yet plenty of good forwards at the minute but i would say if he was needed could do a job . You wouldnt want to give him too much to soon only 4th year.