Muineachán v Baile Átha Cliath 13/03/11 - Cluain Eois

Started by Maguire01, March 06, 2011, 02:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2011, 12:26:41 PM
Dublin have started well but as everyone knows this is because Dublin are training properly whereas every other county in the country are wrapped in some 70's-esque time warp doing a couple of laps followed by a feed of pints

Does that explain your annual demise?

Fitness/conditioning trainers throughout the land will be exclaiming 'eureka', we have finally solved it.

Should make for an interesting season now that this fundamental flaw has been exposed...

::)

Hound

8 week suspension for O'Gara confirmed. That's us fecked now.  :-\

heffo

Quote from: Hound on March 08, 2011, 03:02:17 PM
8 week suspension for O'Gara confirmed. That's us fecked now.  :-\

Goodnight. As if things weren't bad enough.

Maguire01

Quote from: Bingo on March 08, 2011, 12:14:09 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2011, 07:10:46 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 07, 2011, 08:36:02 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 06, 2011, 10:36:45 PM
Monaghan are slight favourites for this.
Nice try.  ;)

We are missing 8 of last year's starting 15.

Monaghan have to be clear favourites for this.

I thought you'd try harder than that. I can't see any agrument that Dublin be anything other than hot favourites for this.

Harder than what??

Facts are facts - we're missing a heap of first choice players - Dublin have started well but as everyone knows this is because Dublin are training properly whereas every other county in the country are wrapped in some 70's-esque time warp doing a couple of laps followed by a feed of pints  - when these other counties start training, they'll bate Dublin out the door.
Will that be before this weekend? If not it's irrelevant.

Check Paddy Power.

heffo

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 08, 2011, 07:01:39 PM
Quote from: Bingo on March 08, 2011, 12:14:09 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2011, 07:10:46 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 07, 2011, 08:36:02 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 06, 2011, 10:36:45 PM
Monaghan are slight favourites for this.
Nice try.  ;)

We are missing 8 of last year's starting 15.

Monaghan have to be clear favourites for this.

I thought you'd try harder than that. I can't see any agrument that Dublin be anything other than hot favourites for this.

Harder than what??

Facts are facts - we're missing a heap of first choice players - Dublin have started well but as everyone knows this is because Dublin are training properly whereas every other county in the country are wrapped in some 70's-esque time warp doing a couple of laps followed by a feed of pints  - when these other counties start training, they'll bate Dublin out the door.
Will that be before this weekend? If not it's irrelevant.

Yes. Thursday night I believe.

GrandMasterFlash

8 week suspension for O'Gara confirmed.

Who'll play FF, Diarmuid Connolly perhaps? What about Alan Brogan, will he get the start?  Is Keaney gone altogether, is he at the small ball did I hear?

heffo

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 08, 2011, 08:57:54 PM
8 week suspension for O'Gara confirmed.

Who'll play FF, Diarmuid Connolly perhaps? What about Alan Brogan, will he get the start?  Is Keaney gone altogether, is he at the small ball did I hear?

I would imagine Connolly will go FF - Keaney gone to Hurlers.

Hound

Outside of the starting forwards from the last game, we have Alan Brogan, Paddy Andrews and Bryan Cullen all pushing hard for a starting place. Cullen has been largely alternating with Flynn, but I'd like to see Alan and Paddy get a start. Pat Burke from Crokes is now in contention also. Be interesting to see if Gilroy does any experimenting. Might he give Bernard the week off to accommodate Alan?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Hound on March 09, 2011, 08:12:58 AM
Might he give Bernard the week off to accommodate Alan?

Oh to have such luxuries! Substituting on Brogan for another,not a bad place to be.

heffo

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 09, 2011, 12:20:32 PM

Oh to have such luxuries! Substituting on Brogan for another,not a place to be.

Give over!

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2011, 12:36:13 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 09, 2011, 12:20:32 PM

Oh to have such luxuries! Substituting on Brogan for another,not a place to be.

Give over!

Apologies Heffo, the word 'bad' was erroneously omitted from my intial statement. I have since corrected my typographical errata. I hope this is to your requirements now.

heffo

Where is the best place to park on Sunday - am driving up and normally park in some cow field or something if there is a championship match on.

Bingo

You'll have no bother parking on Sunday if you there in reasonable time. Parking in the town behind the Paragon and its a five minute walk up to ground.

heffo

Quote from: Bingo on March 09, 2011, 02:17:11 PM
You'll have no bother parking on Sunday if you there in reasonable time. Parking in the town behind the Paragon and its a five minute walk up to ground.

Cheers - Is there much difference going through Cavan or the M1 now??

Bingo

Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2011, 02:36:18 PM
Quote from: Bingo on March 09, 2011, 02:17:11 PM

Cheers - Is there much difference going through Cavan or the M1 now??

I suppose it depends on where in dublin you coming from. On M1, if you turn off at Ardee onto N2 the first town you'll actually have to pass through is Monaghan Town and thats not too bad. The Cavan Clones road isn't great.

I'd go the M1 then Via N2. I done Blayney to Airport last Sunday in about 50 mins. Its about another 30 mins or just over to Clones without traffic delays.