Mayo v Billie Joe, 13th March 2011 McHale Park

Started by Barney, March 03, 2011, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Game over - bad weekend for us.

Looks like we'll be going to Inniskeen in a few weeks desperately needing something to stay up. Relegation was always going to be a possibility with all the expermientation though.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

bennydorano

Well done Armagh, that's a fine win. 

Listening to a different perspective on mid-west radio it probably does show that Amagh supporters are far far too hard on ourselves.  They accentuated our positives whereas we (naturally enough) concentrate on our deficiencies.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: bennydorano on March 13, 2011, 04:10:49 PM

Listening to a different perspective on mid-west radio it probably does show that Amagh supporters are far far too hard on ourselves.  They accentuated our positives whereas we (naturally enough) concentrate on our deficiencies.

Care to elaborate on what was said Benny?
"Stercus accidit"

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 13, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Appartently we are up there with the best!

bennydorano

Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 13, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Very strong around MF.  Also about our defensive set-up when our backs were against the wall, our physicality, Vernon's driving forward into the wind, a lot of which we give off about :)

edit.  Mid-west gave Vernon MOTM

maigheo

ardchieftain

Vitial win and one i wasn't sure we'd secure.
Well done Armagh

maddog

Nice to get the win, still have it all to do with kerry and cork last two games

armaghniac

Despite the errors, this was an important win for Armagh 2-10 to Mayo 1-10. A bit of the same next week would be nice!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Peter Solan the Great

The Armagh lads getting all exited about beating the Perennial losers ;D

RedandGreenSniper

Charlie Vernon was immense, put in a serious display. Stevie McDonnell was excellent too. Mayo left themselves with too much to do when we went eight points behind in the first half. That said we got the gap to one point with ten minutes to go but that was our last score and Armagh showed admirable wherewithal and composure in closing the game out. Very physical too, really outmuscled a lot of the Mayo players. Conditions didn't help either.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Orior

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on March 13, 2011, 04:48:17 PM
The Armagh lads getting all exited about beating the Perennial losers ;D

Definitions of exit on the Web:

- move out of or depart from; "leave the room"; "the fugitive has left the country"
- an opening that permits escape or release; "he blocked the way out"; "the canyon had only one issue"
- lose the lead
- passing: euphemistic expressions for death; "thousands mourned his passing"
- die: pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
- the act of going out
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

moysider

Disappointing. Didn t like the selection for this one. I know we re in a development phase but it is important to win home games and stay up. I particularly liked our halfback line the last day as they were the springboard for our attacks and would have left them together for this one. Our midfield was too similar and too nice. If there was a game to try Kilcullen then this was it. The Galway selection would have won this I feel. Saying that it is worrying that when we got back to a point with 15 to go, and a storm at our back, that we could not kick on and we finished tamely like we did against Kerry. There is still a absence of craft and real leadership around and our use of some good possession in the final quarter is way below what is required at this level. Depressing that we were reduced to hoofing high ball in to try and rescue a point at home.