Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on April 03, 2011, 09:58:27 PM
Think you will find if Galway beat the Dubs next Sunday we go down unless by some miracle we get something out of trip to Cork

To quote the Communards, 'It Ain't Necessarily So'. If Galway beat Dublin, we have to hope that Monaghan beat Mayo, and then it will come down to the two worst scoring differences getting relegated. However given that we are only currently four better off than Monaghan, and this scenario sees us finishing with a defeat and Monaghan with a victory, then in all likelihood it will be the drop!!   :(   

lawnseed

does anyone seriously think we are going to give down a decent game given the total crap on display today.. oh thats right ronans injured and the cross players.. hold on the cross players are available.. we're fukd
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

David McKeown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2011, 09:46:13 PM
Quote from: ck on April 03, 2011, 09:32:05 PM
Totally agree. O'Rourke is clueless. People could not understand the decision to appoint him. No wtheir worst fears are coming back to bite.
To compound this, his backroom staff are limited. Game plans are ropey. Training is poor. Players are not happy.

If you named a team with the best players in Armagh, would they have beaten Galway today? This is a stupid thread and should not be on here. I'd say confidently that none of the prats wanting him to leave would have any experience of managing or even playing at a decent level. Playing that is, not part of the panel!!

It takes more than good players to win a game, it takes amongst other things good training and tactics two of the things POR has shown little evidence of bringing to the current Armagh side.  As for none of the people on here expressing an opinion, their playing and/or managerial experience is irrelevant they are entitled to express an opinion without being personally insulted for it.  I have said on this thread I think POR is a very poor manager but Ive also said I wouldnt sack him in the morning solely on the basis that we wont find an adequate replacement.  I would however not be overly disappointed if he were to be sacked as I think this season is a write off either way.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: David McKeown on April 04, 2011, 12:57:31 AM
Totally agree. O'Rourke is clueless. People could not understand the decision to appoint him. No wtheir worst fears are coming back to bite.
To compound this, his backroom staff are limited. Game plans are ropey. Training is poor. Players are not happy.

If you named a team with the best players in Armagh, would they have beaten Galway today? This is a stupid thread and should not be on here. I'd say confidently that none of the prats wanting him to leave would have any experience of managing or even playing at a decent level. Playing that is, not part of the panel!!

It takes more than good players to win a game, it takes amongst other things good training and tactics two of the things POR has shown little evidence of bringing to the current Armagh side.  As for none of the people on here expressing an opinion, their playing and/or managerial experience is irrelevant they are entitled to express an opinion without being personally insulted for it.  I have said on this thread I think POR is a very poor manager but Ive also said I wouldnt sack him in the morning solely on the basis that we wont find an adequate replacement.  I would however not be overly disappointed if he were to be sacked as I think this season is a write off either way.

As a supporter who has attended all McKenna Cup matches and League matches (including Castlebar) at a fair expense along with numerous others we surely are entitled to an opinion whether or not we played the game at any level. It is paying supporters like ourselves that help finance the county board so this is an irrelevant argument regarding supporters playing careers.

rrhf

Tony Mcentee in before the championship for agent ORourke.   

Applesisapples

They are paying to watch Armagh and are therefore entitled to their views. If you don't want to engage in debate I suggest you stick to the Antrim threads.

Sandy Hill

Didn't see any sight of Donal Murtagh on the line this last few games  --  Gone??
"Stercus accidit"

PAULD123

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on April 04, 2011, 09:25:24 AM

As a supporter who has attended all McKenna Cup matches and League matches (including Castlebar) at a fair expense along with numerous others we surely are entitled to an opinion whether or not we played the game at any level. It is paying supporters like ourselves that help finance the county board so this is an irrelevant argument regarding supporters playing careers.

Stevie you are entitled to your view under any circumstances. The fact that you have made the effort  to attend adds to the value of that opinion. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion and no one should try to prevent you from holding it even if they disagree

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Sandy Hill on April 04, 2011, 09:50:20 AM

Didn't see any sight of Donal Murtagh on the line this last few games  --  Gone??

Seems to be sitting up in stands and in contact with Line via radio. Appeared down on pitch at full time yesterday

armaghniac

You have to give credit to Justin McNulty for getting Laois promoted. I don't think that Laois were obvious promotion candidates from Div 2, so the management team probably helped.  Well done.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ck

This thread seems to top the poll every Sunday night without fail.

O'Rourke kept Armagh in Div.1, fair play. All-be-it very lucky.
One quick question, O'Rourkes backroom team has got a alating on these threads but who exactly are they? Murtagh, is he Crossmaglen? The rugby fella taking the weights I know. There is some other lad called Jennings who does tactics apparently. Anyone know?
I know a couple of panel members and they don't speak well of any of them, to say the least.

Throw ball

Quote from: armaghniac on April 10, 2011, 09:19:28 PM
You have to give credit to Justin McNulty for getting Laois promoted. I don't think that Laois were obvious promotion candidates from Div 2, so the management team probably helped.  Well done.

Is his loss from Armagh backroom team why the tactics have been so haphazard this year! McNulty at Laois, Mcgeeney and O'Rourke at Kildare, Grimley at Meath, Morrison and McDonnell helping Leitrim and Louth last year and Armagh cannot get an Armagh man to manage them. No reflection on POR but we have enough Armagh men to find an Armagh manager!

regal

Quote from: Throw ball on April 11, 2011, 12:46:50 AM

Is his loss from Armagh backroom team why the tactics have been so haphazard this year! McNulty at Laois, Mcgeeney and O'Rourke at Kildare, Grimley at Meath, Morrison and McDonnell helping Leitrim and Louth last year and Armagh cannot get an Armagh man to manage them. No reflection on POR but we have enough Armagh men to find an Armagh manager!

i would have paddy o'r before these two

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: Throw ball on April 11, 2011, 12:46:50 AM

And what have these mercenaries achieved other than healthy bank balances at the cost of the grass root members?

randomtask

Championship is where the real football is played men. I read this thread a while back an was so surprised by the lack of faith showed by your counties supporters. Armagh were superb tonight and showed real hunger, Paddy also got his team selection spot on.