Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogshead

Quote from: under the bar on March 20, 2011, 11:07:11 PM
QuoteApparently Grimley was approched and when he named his price, the county board nearly spat out their dentures.

Where do you hear this shite?

From the horse's mouth.

Now I know for a fact your talking shite

winsamsoon

Who are the complete armagh management team at the min lads with O'Rourke
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Maguire01

Quote from: Canalman on March 21, 2011, 10:52:04 AM
The pundits on RTE last night were very harsh on Armagh. Really makes my blood boil if  they  are only basing their opinions on a highlight package...... they can't be everywhere. Some really sweeping (imho) things said about Armagh last night which were not warranted and should have been qualified if they were not in fact at the game.

Will stand  humbly corrected and chastened if in fact both pundits were at the GGs yesterday.
Eh, the game was shown on TG4. Even if they weren't at it, they'd have had plenty of time to find 70 minutes before going on air.

PAULD123

I really just meant that this excuse of the misssing clarkes is starting to get really tiresome now. There will always be an injured player, you can't always blame that. Each opposition team has injured players too. Monaghan had no Freeman, Down had no Ambrose (& others), Dublin were missing a load, Kerry were missing Quirke, plus O'Sullivan, O'Mahoney and Galvin all started on the bench. Beside's exactly what would Ronan & Jamie Clarke have done to help defend against Donaghy & Gooch? POR is using a tired excuse and is a bluffer.

As for attitude, I did mean posters on the forum. Each week I get a feeling that a defeat is excused as having come with a decent perfromance by a few players so its not too bad and anyway the Clarkes will be back soon. This appears to me to be an attitude of quite a few people. But I am amazed. Deafeat is bad, Each week its different players being praised not the same ones, everyone has injured players, and the clarke's are not magicians. You need all your players performing to their best and consistently. People shouldn't rely on a returning hero.

armagho9

Quote from: orchard 8195 on March 21, 2011, 10:52:31 AM
Quote from: armagho9 on March 20, 2011, 10:36:30 PM
Quote from: ardchieftain on March 20, 2011, 09:51:41 PM
There's no great shame losing to any Kerry team, even at home. However, i agree completely with Lawnseed. You know, it was embarrassing at times. How the mangement couldn't see the OBVIOUS problems is beyond inept. I've gone beyond angry, i'm just disillusioned now. A decent team, but completely rudderless. It's going to be a short summer.

I would say the management could see the problems just as well as you or anyone else. Brendan Donaghey is our best full back, would anyone else in the Armagh panel have done a better job?  I dont think so, which is why he was left on Star. We all know the problems with the forward line, i would say POR like the rest of us cant wait to have the two Clarkes back for a start.  The main issue i would have with the management today was leaving young Grugan on for so long for the plain and simple reason that it could not have been good for the lads confidence as nothing was going right for him.

I will judge POR after the summer and see have we progressed from last year, so far i would say we have.   A four point defeat by Kerry, missing two of our best three forwards and probably other likely starters (or at least first few subs likely to be used) and so-called Armagh supporters are calling for the managers head.  What a shower of t**sers.  Championship is where it matters, judge after that for **** sake

FFS man he could have tried Toner in a lot earlier, Star was the complete architect of the Kerry victory. In your theory if Stevey (Our Best free taker) was having a mare with the frees we wouldnt try anyone else on them. Brendy is a great player but he was getting destroyed POR should have tried that move earlier. Maybe Toner would have got roasted as well but at least he was tried.

Poblem with moving Toner to full back in my opinion would have been that in the second half our midfield was under serious pressure, Toner, Vernon and Mal Mackin were putting in a huge effort to get to grips with the Kerry midfield that was supplying the ball to Donaghey.  In my honest opinion i think Toner was needed more in midfield than full back, there is no doubt Brendan got a bit of a roasting but i genuinely feel that Toner was needed more at midfield but i would have to say Brendan should have had a bit more support

lawnseed

have it taped and i've watched it twice and seen the highlights brendy was well fit for star any time he tried to turn him but he simply could match him in the air, toward the end of the game the lad was totally demoralised and wasnt even challanging for the ball. por simply hasnt a clue and i wont be spending any more of my hard earned cash and burning diesel to watch armagh if they are not going to take it serious. sure cairan donaghey is a handful but teams adapt to match his ability. armaghs blanket defence was devised with one player in mind 'joe brolly' what has paddy o rourke come up with... well ronans injured and the cross lads are'nt available.. bullshit armagh needed to win and were fit for kerry. HE lost the game and HE is to blame he should quit
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orangemac

Quote from: balladmaker on March 21, 2011, 11:28:04 AM
Remaining in the top flight this year should be considered a successful year for Armagh from a league perspective.  Still being in the Championship in August time would be a big achievement.
Totally agree. Staying in Div1 would be an achievement and important for development of the team going into next year.

Beating Down is possible although hand on heart how many Armagh fans think we can win Ulster this year? QFs would represent a decent season. Like many still not convinced about POR but the players seem to be putting in the effort for him and the time to judge him will be end of championship.

armagho9

Quote from: lawnseed on March 21, 2011, 09:54:27 PM
have it taped and i've watched it twice and seen the highlights brendy was well fit for star any time he tried to turn him but he simply could match him in the air, toward the end of the game the lad was totally demoralised and wasnt even challanging for the ball. por simply hasnt a clue and i wont be spending any more of my hard earned cash and burning diesel to watch armagh if they are not going to take it serious. sure cairan donaghey is a handful but teams adapt to match his ability. armaghs blanket defence was devised with one player in mind 'joe brolly' what has paddy o rourke come up with... well ronans injured and the cross lads are'nt available.. bullshit armagh needed to win and were fit for kerry. HE lost the game and HE is to blame he should quit

You're probably right.  I think any team that gets beat by Kerry should sack the manager.  Might even get a chance to manage a county myself at some stage because i dare say with Kerrys win ratio there should be plenty of vacancies.  Unbelievable, actually a bit embarrassed for you  ::)

winsamsoon

Anyone know the background staff of the Armagh set up?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

lawnseed

Quote from: armagho9 on March 21, 2011, 10:07:23 PM

You're probably right.  I think any team that gets beat by Kerry should sack the manager.  Might even get a chance to manage a county myself at some stage because i dare say with Kerrys win ratio there should be plenty of vacancies.  Unbelievable, actually a bit embarrassed for you  ::)
your concern is noted. the point being that if por is only a stop gap til someone better comes along or ronan shakes of his injury.. why bother? nothing happening armagh 09 we're only going through the motions. down are no better than armagh and they played in last years all ireland final because they have a 'manager'. (and some luck) they already tried por and he was useless, what are we doing? trying to eduacate him with a death of a thousand cuts. he should be asked to resign.. now! hes not a manager. no more than ger houlahan would be a manager being a good footballer doesnt make you manager material. have you thought for one minute what life will be like without stevie why waste his time and our money a great footballer deserves a great manager

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lawnseed on March 21, 2011, 10:51:23 PM

your concern is noted. the point being that if por is only a stop gap til someone better comes along or ronan shakes of his injury.. why bother? nothing happening armagh 09 we're only going through the motions. down are no better than armagh and they played in last years all ireland final because they have a 'manager'. (and some luck) they already tried por and he was useless, what are we doing? trying to eduacate him with a death of a thousand cuts. he should be asked to resign.. now! hes not a manager. no more than ger houlahan would be a manager being a good footballer doesnt make you manager material. have you thought for one minute what life will be like without stevie why waste his time and our money a great footballer deserves a great manager
If it wasn't for Stevie POR probably wouldn't be the manager!

And what's this talk of Paddy O'Rouke being a "good footballer" - he was average at best imo.

p.s. Houlahan has managed sides

and pps, whoever said "this thread is a disgrace" - please stop with the hysterics. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lawnseed

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 21, 2011, 10:56:25 PM

And what's this talk of Paddy O'Rouke being a "good footballer" - he was average at best imo.

and pps, whoever said "this thread is a disgrace" - please stop with the hysterics.
no thread is a disgrace discussing is always useful. my point is pints we dont have time to mess around we need boost and a nice run in the championship would come in handy when your trying to run a club. we had a challange recently and niether of the teams could field ::) clubs are in trouble and por is not helping. clubs thrive when the county is going well imo this guy is ruining armagh football and i'd say the gate recieipts show that

5 Sams

[/quote]

An "average" footballer who has won All Ireland medals at every grade and two AI club medals...plus the fact he captained an AI winning senior team...

Average manager maybe....but a top class footballer in his time...

Youse boys talk some shite..
The Aristocrat Years

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lawnseed on March 21, 2011, 11:23:38 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 21, 2011, 10:56:25 PM

no thread is a disgrace discussing is always useful. my point is pints we dont have time to mess around we need boost and a nice run in the championship would come in handy when your trying to run a club. we had a challange recently and niether of the teams could field ::) clubs are in trouble and por is not helping. clubs thrive when the county is going well imo this guy is ruining armagh football and i'd say the gate recieipts show that
I think he's useless and never wanted him but I don't think you can blame him for clubs failing to field nor do I think it would be useful to get rid of him mid season. Who would you want to come in at this stage to manage?If O'Rouke resigned in the morning who would you expect to take his place?

Who in their right mind would agree to it but that's another discussion.   

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 21, 2011, 11:24:47 PM

An "average" footballer who has won All Ireland medals at every grade and two AI club medals...plus the fact he captained an AI winning senior team...

Average manager maybe....but a top class footballer in his time...

Youse boys talk some shite..
[/quote]
I don't care what he's won, the fact that he was on good teams is irrelevant. He wasn't a bad player, a decent enough county player but not what I'd describe as a "good footballer" and mention in the same breath as the likes of Houlahan. 

It's kind calling him an average manager and it's funny that you Down boys couldn't wait to get rid of him yourselves but will defend him when he's at another county. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: lawnseed on March 21, 2011, 11:23:38 PM

Blaming Paddy O'Rourke for the trouble of club sides is just groundless. A run in the championship actually hampers club football due to the amount of postponements it causes. If you're looking for the reason behind falling club numbers, as the Wolfe Tones once said "take a look at Dublin airport," not our admittedly uninspiring county manager.

I must say I agree with AFS. He's here now, he'll be here until the end of the championship so let's re-assess then.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead